• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My reaction after finishing the Tutorial and
clashing with an Inquisitor
You maniacs EA, That's what I've been asking since you bought the license. This and a RPG!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Shambles

Oct 25, 2017
Physical ps4 copy arrived. I was expecting the worst after buying modern warfare and having to download a 60gb update but thankfully it's only 350mb here (and I'm assuming you don't need to always be online for this).

VFX_Veteran

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
all over the place,sometimes it looks insane sometimes it looks kinda bad

Damn. Sorry to hear this. I'll definitely take a deep dive into the UE4 engine. One thing I hate about that engine is it's material on shiny metal. It just looks off. I like Gears 5's graphics. Clearly the best iteration of the UE4 I've seen yet.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who plays most big games on my base PS4, this game looks fantastic still. No performance issues to report so far either.

I feel like this is the Star Wars game I've been waiting so long for. The music is just brilliant, as you'd expect.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who plays most big games on my base PS4, this game looks fantastic still. No performance issues to report so far either.

I feel like this is the Star Wars game I've been waiting so long for. The music is just brilliant, as you'd expect.
awesome, i'm in the same boat with a launch ps4, hoping to hear everything is solid.

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. Sorry to hear this. I'll definitely take a deep dive into the UE4 engine. One thing I hate about that engine is it's material on shiny metal. It just looks off. I like Gears 5's graphics. Clearly the best iteration of the UE4 I've seen yet.
but the pretty is a much larger part than the ugly so its ok

game is really really good ! reminds me of darksiders 1 ( the best one ofcourse ) mixed with dark souls

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Yes! Early VPN unlocked helped with Tunnel Bear!

Re-installing Origin on a diffferent folder helped with the error message, then VPN to NZ and start Origin.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope the resolution mode doesnt have pacing issues and its locked 30, otherwise its useless

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
Anyone having trouble unlocking early through VPN try TunnelBear. I use (paid) TorGuard and it wasn't working for me. TunnelBear worked on first try.

. . .also I want that opening music whatever the hell Kal was listening to.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see a comparison from digital foundry.

And also, for everyone playing, please let me know if you find any other lightsaber color and where, I still have not found any!

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just played 5m for settings (Xbox one x)

im debating witj

motion blur on / film grain off / chromatic aberration off / camera shake off/ performance off (4k or so )

or everything off and performance on (1080p)

i find the game not super crisp on 4k so I may go 1080p. It's not a big difference like in other game

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Just played 5m for settings (Xbox one x)

im debating witj

motion blur on / film grain off / chromatic aberration off / camera shake off/ performance off (4k or so )

or everything off and performance on (1080p)

i find the game not super crisp on 4k so I may go 1080p. It's not a big difference like in other game
I'd turn motion blur off if the game is 60 fps or below tbh

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone far enough to tell if theres any way to get an orange lightsaber without preordering?

.....I need an orange lightsaber

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
hows the performance mode looks on a 4k tv on the pro? i dont mind softer image but i hate jaggies