• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I need this one to deliver.

Star Wars is too rich of a franchise to have not had a brilliant single player game since Knights of the Old Republic.

I have faith in Respawn however, and hopefully critical and commercial success will convince EA to invest in more experiences like this one.
Yup, been waiting for this.

Can't wait to play it!

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Signed up for EA Premium to check this one out.

It's not what I would have wanted (JK successor) but it seems a lot more interesting than it initially appeared.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, when exactly can we VPN this bad boy on origin tomorrow?

Selecting New Zealand in my VPN gets Origin to say 7AM CST.

m4OhVoF.png

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the earliest time this unlocks for Origin Premiere? Never used a VPN before for a game release but considering it for this.

edit: nm answered two posts above lol

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Got it pre-loaded to play at 6am tomorrow thanks to xbox region switch. Can't wait to dive in.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Happy Birthday! Mine is tomorrow and I was thinking of treating myself to this as well, just waiting on the reviews. The game looks great and I trust Respawn. I just can't pre-order an EA game before reviews ever again, I've been burned too many times.

Thanks friend!

Yeah I was very leery after my last two Star Wars purchases (BF 1 and 2) were complete wastes of money and I barely played them. But knowing this is from Respawn, and seeing the Reddit review from the guy who got it early changed my mind enough for me to bite. Hopefully I don't regret it!

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Sounds great. Glad to see a SW game being celebrated. You think its a strong GoTY contender?
I haven't talked with that many to make any assumptions like that, but it sounds like it's a SP experience that delivers on a nice mix of Uncharted/Souls/Metroid - something that's just pure...that people will enjoy. Story sounds like it's actually worthwhile too and not just an extension of the mainline SW stuff.

Looking forward to reading impressions tomorrow.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I haven't talked with that many to make any assumptions like that, but it sounds like it's a SP experience that delivers on a nice mix of Uncharted/Souls/Metroid - something that's just pure...that people will enjoy. Story sounds like it's actually worthwhile too and not just an extension of the mainline SW stuff.

Looking forward to reading impressions tomorrow.

My biggest concern after all the previews was literally just the story. If they nailed that, then its gonna be a really good time this weekend. Not worried about boss fights as I expect that part to be well done considering its the GoW3 director at the helm

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weird review timing, I'll be able to unlock the game at 5am tonight but reviews won't be out till tmrw eve lol

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I'm definitely excited for this as someone raised on single player SW games. From X-Wing vs Tie Fighter to Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight (also Mysteries of the Sith shoutout) and KOTOR. Its always been an IP well suited for gaming. Can't believe we're at the twilight of this gen and just now getting the first SP SW title (yes I know about the canceled games).

As someone that's complete ass at Souls games the difficulty seems intimidating from what I've read but hopefully Story Mode still provides somewhat of a challenge and isn't braindead easy.

Also here's hoping mods are easy enough to implement. I need that dismemberment.

Apr 11, 2018
Australia
Doh that means the reviews come out after the game has been available in Australia for many hours. Nuts.

While it doesn't really make any difference I still have some doubts. I guess I will find out if I like it directly or not when I get to play tomorrow morning.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Got a copy today and have been playing for a few hours, so far I'm really liking it but wondering how long this weird mashup of uncharted 4 + super soft mainstream dark souls + EA collectathon will hold up.

Maybe it's because I've played all the games it's inspired by so much or maybe it's because I'm a game designer by trade but I can't help seeing through everything they're trying to do, as I said I'm enjoying it still but there's a real sense I'm playing an extremely well executed but highly derivative work.

Maybe that's enough though, Star Wars is amazing and they are nailing the use of the world.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of the initial reveal and some positive impressions, I'm going in super blind to this one. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Apr 11, 2018
Australia
Got a copy today and have been playing for a few hours, so far I'm really liking it but wondering how long this weird mashup of uncharted 4 + super soft mainstream dark souls + EA collectathon will hold up.

Maybe it's because I've played all the games it's inspired by so much or maybe it's because I'm a game designer by trade but I can't help seeing through everything they're trying to do, as I said I'm enjoying it still but there's a real sense I'm playing an extremely well executed but highly derivative work.

Maybe that's enough though, Star Wars is amazing and they are nailing the use of the world.

What difficulty are you playing on?

While I can see your doubts have merits I don't believe they will apply to me having not played any of the Souls type games. I've played Uncharted and God of War which I can see some resemblance. I think at this point though I will be satisfied with a well-executed yet derivative Star Wars game.

Outside of the initial reveal and some positive impressions, I'm going in super blind to this one. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Same I pretty much know nothing about it except that it looks like I will enjoy it. Gawd I hope I do!

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
What difficulty are you playing on?

While I can see your doubts have merits I don't believe they will apply to me having not played any of the Souls type games. I've played Uncharted and God of War which I can see some resemblance. I think at this point though I will be satisfied with a well-executed yet derivative Star Wars game.

Same I pretty much know nothing about it except that it looks like I will enjoy it. Gawd I hope I do!

Im playing on jedi master, most of the ways in which this is a "soft" dark souls are systemic and not to do with the actual combat timing/dmg which is what the difficulty settings are mostly for.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019

That was a lot of people's concerns is that it feels very familiar yet unique thanks to the SW aesthetic. But I think this was the best option for them. If you're gonna do a 3rd person action adventure SW game, might as well use elements from the best in the genre.

Tygerjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-loading but I'll probably hold up playing it now since I'm getting a new PC during black friday.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know how the Pro version is? Debating between PC and PS4 but I'm running out of space on my pc. Where's I just cleared up a bunch on my pro.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Unlocks here in just under 6 hours. Guess I'll stay up and see what the PC performance is like.