• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited because I trust Stig and Respawn. Plus I've always thought the pre OST post PT period was one of the more interesting ones, with everyone living under a repressive regime. It's part of why I liked Solo.

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope this game has a segment where you are almost found by or at least see Vader and have to try to suppress yourself and escape or something. Not an actual fight, but just seeing him close by in a scene where he's there for some other reason. Like when Indy bumped into Hitler, only not as light hearted. Put a little fear perspective in it.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
giphy.gif

Laughing at people who time and time again still expect to see gameplay in a reveal trailer. When was the last time we got a big reveal with game play??

But seriously, looks dope, big fan of this Jerome clown and I expect a great experience from Respawn.

Wall running? I'll take it.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People all like, but ERA is the only one sour puss about this reveal.

Just opened YouTube and watching some of Easy Allies reaction. At they end they gave the presentation a 4/10.

I'm not going crazy here at least.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this game has a segment where you are almost found by or at least see Vader and have to try to suppress yourself and escape or something. Not an actual fight, but just seeing him close by in a scene where he's there for another reason. Put a little fear perspective in it.
A Mr. X sequence with Vader.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Man I just can't bring myself to be excited or hyped over a seemingly unmemorable story-based game like this that's likely going to be over within 15 hours.

I really really wish they'd had a multiplayer in this game, cos now I can't justify getting it.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see how customizing the playable character in this game would disrupt SW canon. Outside of this game, this character will maybe appear in a few comics and most likely never be mentioned again in any SW canon

Based on Jason article on Visceral Star Wars, Disney seems to have a very tight control on SW canon/lore. Iirc the article mentioned how they need Disney approval for everything.

On an Uncharted game, for example, one of Nathan Drake's costumes might go through a few rounds of iteration at Naughty Dog, then be finalized in a week. "With Star Wars you could be talking months—potentially years," said one Visceral staffer. "Oh, would Dodger really look like this? What would his weapon look like? Potentially years of that. Would he carry this? Would that really work in the Star Wars universe? With Uncharted, they can build any world they come up with, because it's their world. With Star Wars you have to have that back and forth… People think, 'Oh it must be so cool to work on Star Wars.' It actually kind of sucks."

This is why I doubt we will ever see Star Wars RPG ala KOTOR or Mass Effect. At most RPG-lite like Horizon or GoW 2018.

And I think it doesn't matter if the character never appeared in anything else, I assume Disney expect consistency in the canon.
——-

I honestly don't get why we don't have a Fallout/Skyrim level open world rpg set in the Star Wars Universe

That would just be too much like right, I guess

In an alternate world, I can see the first post to the game info reveal in AlternateERA would be "Why do everything needs to be open world, hard pass".

Last edited:

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
giphy.gif

Laughing at people who time and time again still expect to see gameplay in a reveal trailer. When was the last time we got a big reveal with game play??

But seriously, looks dope, big fan of this Jerome clown and I expect a great experience from Respawn.

Wall running? I'll take it.

It was more than a reveal trailer though. The game had already been announced and this was an event.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Unsurprising to see the negativity around here. I think it looks great, even if we don't see any gameplay. I trust in Respawn and the creatives involved that this won't be bland. The last time they made a single player campaign it was one of the best shooters in a decade.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
A reminder that any gameplay reveal may very well have been called out as "fake" thanks to EA's track record of faked "gameplay" reveals for big games like Anthem. It may behoove Respawn and EA to wait until their EA Play event at E3, where hands-on impressions can do more of the talking.

But, yeah. I have no idea what this game is supposed to be based on this trailer. Hmm.

Deleted member 4274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit weird because I was really happy and hyped for it, came here and saw everyone shitting on it lol I'll probably discuss it with friends because I'm pretty excited for it and I can totally feel my excitement dissipating the more I read this thread.

Like nothing against anyone here, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and stuff, just that my personal excitement tends to go down when everyone else is so negative about it so I'll probably avoid Star Wars threads on here.
I'm having the same reaction as you, oddly enough. I saw the trailer and was hyped for the game. I liked the trailer and was pumped. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't see it, but to be honest, I wasn't looking for it? If that makes any sense. Reading the complaints, though, I GET it. Maybe it's because I'm not a huge Star Wars fan...

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Racism and sexism are not attitudes; they are systems of oppression. When somebody is "being racist" they are acting in a way that contributes to the system's dominance. White people are the benefactors of the racist system, and cannot be its victims. "Reverse racism" doesn't exist, because there is no system of oppression targeting white people. Same goes for sexism and men. Sorry to break it to you.
Saying it's impossible to racist to a white person and impossible to be sexist to a man are the most racist and most sexist things I've read today. Good job man.

Edit- about 2 years ago I went into a barber shop and everyone was black. I literally got told to leave because I didn't belong. When I pressed for a reason I was told "you know why u white piece of shit". What do you call that if not racism??

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Member Warned: Drive-by trolling
ctrl + f "white" is the only way to truly enjoy this thread.

L176

Jan 10, 2019
I seriously don't understand cgi-only game reveals. Was very disappointed cause of no gameplay.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man I just can't bring myself to be excited or hyped over a seemingly unmemorable story-based game like this that's likely going to be over within 15 hours.

I really really wish they'd had a multiplayer in this game, cos now I can't justify getting it.

Similar to Anthem prior to its release (lol in retrospect), my recommendation will be not to buy the game but to simply spend $15 for a month of Origin Premier to play it.

For Anthem, I argued that it's because we didn't know what the endgame would be like.

For this game, I'll argue that players that budget a decent amount of time for games will get all that they want to get out of this game within a month, no matter how good it is.

This'll be the second Origin Premier game this year that will have saved me $45.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope this game has a segment where you are almost found by or at least see Vader and have to try to suppress yourself and escape or something. Not an actual fight, but just seeing him close by in a scene where he's there for another reason. Put a little fear perspective in it.

You could do a Yoda segment where he thinks he's found the location of the last Jeda master. When you get there though it's not actually Dagobah, but a trap by Vader to kill the last Jedi. Just have "Survive" on the screen as Vader walks towards you in a wooded area bathed in twilight, with a pile of broken lightsabers on one side, and a smodering fire, with the ashes of the fallen, on the other.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I'll copy what I said elsewhere, main character complaints aside, the writing wasn't terrible for the trailer.

The trailer was fine with a decent throughline. It starts with the setup of the three rules to survive in this new order:

1. Don't stand out.
2. Accept the past.
3. Trust no one.

It then shows us as he breaks each rule one by one. It ends with him eschewing those rules for a better rule as he accepts his destiny as a Jedi, trust only The Force. It's kinda neat even if the plot is generic.

Revan Ren

Jan 11, 2018
From Xbox store

"● Cinematic, Immersive Combat – Jedi: Fallen Order delivers the fantasy of becoming a Jedi through its innovative lightsaber combat system – striking, parrying, dodging - partnered with a suite of powerful Force abilities you'll need to leverage to overcome obstacles that stand in your way. This combat system is intuitive to pick up, but takes training and practice to fully master its nuances as you gain new powers and abilities along your adventure.
● A New Jedi Story Begins - As a former Padawan on the run from the Empire, you must complete your training before Imperial Inquisitors discover your plan to revive the Jedi Order. Aided by a former Jedi Knight, a cantankerous pilot, and a fearless droid, you must escape the evil machinations of the Empire in a story-driven adventure. Explore and overcome a wide range of challenges focused on combat, exploration, and puzzle-solving.
● The Galaxy Awaits - Ancient forests, windswept rock faces, and haunted jungles are all unique biomes you'll explore in Jedi: Fallen Order, with the freedom to decide when and where you go next. As you unlock new powers and abilities, opportunities open up to re-traverse maps in new ways; leveraging the Force to augment the way you explore. Move quickly, however, as the Empire is actively hunting your every step in their effort to exterminate all remnants of the Jedi Order. "

Sekiro in space combat hype.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Certainly true as well. That's not to say they should never do it again, either. Just that it hasn't been that long since a woman led a Star Wars game, and of the new-generation Star Wars FILMS, all of them except Solo have female protagonists. Star Wars isn't exactly lacking in diversity these days.

Well to that end, if featuring men is construed as "normal" and women as "diversity" then SW films, games and fandom still have a long way to go.

Literally in the trailer
aL7DiqM.png

Anthem was a cool concept once.

Thanks, I missed that.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
● Cinematic, Immersive Combat – Jedi: Fallen Order delivers the fantasy of becoming a Jedi through its innovative lightsaber combat system – striking, parrying, dodging - partnered with a suite of powerful Force abilities you'll need to leverage to overcome obstacles that stand in your way. This combat system is intuitive to pick up, but takes training and practice to fully master its nuances as you gain new powers and abilities along your adventure.
maybe For Honor-lite?

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
From Xbox store

"● Cinematic, Immersive Combat – Jedi: Fallen Order delivers the fantasy of becoming a Jedi through its innovative lightsaber combat system – striking, parrying, dodging - partnered with a suite of powerful Force abilities you'll need to leverage to overcome obstacles that stand in your way. This combat system is intuitive to pick up, but takes training and practice to fully master its nuances as you gain new powers and abilities along your adventure.
● A New Jedi Story Begins - As a former Padawan on the run from the Empire, you must complete your training before Imperial Inquisitors discover your plan to revive the Jedi Order. Aided by a former Jedi Knight, a cantankerous pilot, and a fearless droid, you must escape the evil machinations of the Empire in a story-driven adventure. Explore and overcome a wide range of challenges focused on combat, exploration, and puzzle-solving.
● The Galaxy Awaits - Ancient forests, windswept rock faces, and haunted jungles are all unique biomes you'll explore in Jedi: Fallen Order, with the freedom to decide when and where you go next. As you unlock new powers and abilities, opportunities open up to re-traverse maps in new ways; leveraging the Force to augment the way you explore. Move quickly, however, as the Empire is actively hunting your every step in their effort to exterminate all remnants of the Jedi Order. "

Sounds really good.

I trust that in the end this game will be great.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
This looks good. Actually seems interesting especially when gow director is working on it. We barely have any action adventure games so this is like breath of fresh air.

Also I think the main character looks good. In the end it depends on how it is written

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The trailer was dull but people writing a Respawn game off because of a three-minute cinematic trailer are ridiculous.

Here's hoping for gameplay at E3.

Deleted member 36493

Dec 19, 2017
From Xbox store

This is way more hype than the trailer

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
From Xbox store

Wish the panel would have been solely focused on this stuff. Sounds good

Kitana

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
Honest to god some people here have the weirdest takes.

The criticism of a design choice =/= the criticism of the white race. Calm yoself.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From Xbox store

Wow it's almost like they could have focused on literally anything mentioned here in the trailer and it would have been better.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this game has a segment where you are almost found by or at least see Vader and have to try to suppress yourself and escape or something. Not an actual fight, but just seeing him close by in a scene where he's there for some other reason. Like when Indy bumped into Hitler, only not as light hearted. Put a little fear perspective in it.

A Mr. X sequence with Vader.

Well, since the game is already borrowing a few things from Rebels, why not? Have an equivalent of this scene:

Where like... your best shot is merely slowing him down.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Well to that end, if featuring men is construed as "normal" and women as "diversity" then SW films, games and fandom still have a long way to go.

I think the core issue at hand is that there is no way to "solve" diversity. A game can really only have one protagonist unless it's going with a multi-POV format, and not every game WORKS with that kind of structure. Sometimes protagonists are gonna wind up being men. Sometimes they aren't. It feels a little premature to view Fallen Order as some sort of failure of inclusivity just because the protagonist is a white man.