• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Some of y'all are forgetting what the event is where they're showing this off.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
respawn has crap art direction in general, titanfall and apex look like derivatives of how scifi games are supposed to look
I was just expecting more beauty and colorfulness out of this, I guess. This almost reminded me of a poor man's Death Stranding trailer without the careful direction. But you are right now that I think about it no title of respawn actually looked good to me.

Feb 10, 2018
wasn't all that mostly tech / placeholder since it was secretly a Bounter Hunter game? I dunno, seemed kinda cool to me but oh well.

star_wars_1313.0.0.jpg

It was very cool, but go back and watch it.
It was made on a PC using a GTX680

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Um no. Mace Windu? All those other beings in the movies?
He just said... Debra Wilsons character is a Jedi Knight and shes in this game...
They aren't main characters with actual goals and motivations or story arch's, is she a main character? surely your not going play as Debra's character. That's my point.

They are ALWAYS secondary or third characters. The Jedi of any of these stories are white unless there's a character creator.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Cameron Monaghan is a really good actor. People shitting on him so much over one trailer is kind of unfair.
Whether someone is a good actor is irrelevant to me.

Aesthetically, this game and protagonist is boring as hell.

That's not a knock against the actor, Respawn shouldn't be basing fictional video game characters on real people to begin with.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It makes sense to not show gameplay, right?

EA probably stands to gain a lot from having the gameplay reveal at E3, I would guess.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Fuck man this game could be legit! Gosh dang I hope Respawn can put that Titanfall 2 single player magic into this game. It would make it one of the best Star Wars games ever if the magic strikes twice!

Hope we get to play aroundw ith some really interesting force powers in this game. Maybe I haven't played enough Star Wars games. But I always felt that force never got anything to cool. Mostly just acted as a grab command in most of the game I played. Wanna see some crazy shit with it!

Oh and classic Era lol get shown a preview from a panel and instantly start bitching. Might have to start putting Star Wars threads in gaming on ignore like I do on Etcetera.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
And what does that say for the state of their development when they already stamped it with a release date 7 months from now? They couldn't show any gameplay why? It doesn't bode well
Honestly, you hold gameplay because you want to have another thing to reveal. It's a valuable thing, and a company like EA will take every opportunity to juice it.

I'd bet good money we get a gameplay reveal on the Microsoft stage at E3.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the gameplay reveal will happen on Microsoft's stage at E3.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Meh. Not getting hyped until they show some gameplay.

So far is a lot of promises and nothing more than that.

HellBlazer

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
If you were sure they were gonna show gameplay, you're really not familiar with this industry...

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
Why?

Make a game you'll find out.

The attitude...

I'm making a game and choose not to show anything until I have some gameplay and finished assets. But i am one man team with zero marketing, we assume that a game by a triple A dev which is launching this year has some substantial gameplay to show.

Games are not movies.

Nov 18, 2018
I'm not super thrilled about another white guy protagonist but other than that I thought it looked cool. Shame they haven't shown gameplay but I'm looking forward to seeing it at E3 or whenever they show it.

Status
Not open for further replies.