• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Maybe next time there will be more physics added to the game since the game just felt "off" at times.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
This is what happens when you dont interfere with a good development team and do things that make sense like putting games on Steam.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hearing EA also made the highest rated NFL game of this console generation. Is that true?

Oct 26, 2017
But I thought SP games were dead, papa EA?

EA never said that SP games are dead, NEVER.

They were always talking about LINEAR SINGLE PLAYER GAMES, here's the actual quote:

"As we kept reviewing the game, it continued to look like a much more linear game [which] people don't like as much today as they did five years ago or 10 years ago,"

And this is the truth, the classic linear AAA SP game is not viable these day.
www.gamespot.com

EA Says People Don't Really Enjoy Linear Games As Much Today

The new Star Wars game from Visceral was going to be more linear-focused until EA changed it significantly.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
YEAAAAAHHH!!!!

Seriously, Respawn deserves it and sooo much more.
Now please don't become a Star Wars factory and make Titanfall 3 (^______^)

Oct 25, 2017
Good game
Star Wars license
Singleplayer
No bad word of mouth before release because it's full of Microtransactions
Coming to all PC storefronts and not just Origin
--> sells well

Shocking

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Well what do you know!

Make a really good game and sell it on steam without any exclusivity bullshit and it sells really good?

And despite it getting cracked only few days later..

who would've thought that... I wonder!?

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

They were always talking about LINEAR SINGLE PLAYER GAMES, here's the actual quote:

www.gamespot.com

The new Star Wars game from Visceral was going to be more linear-focused until EA changed it significantly.

I didnt know Jedi Fallen Order was an open world game

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
While I'm happy to see this game succeed, and Respawn are a great developer who deserve success, I feel like they did console customers dirty with this game. It was simply not ready for launch and they rushed it out the door for those holiday sales.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Game was awesome. Can't wait to see what Respawn pulls off with their next Star Wars game on next gen hardware. My body is not ready.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017

www.gamespot.com

Jedi Fallen Order is linear though. It's got a ton of optional side areas to explore, but overall it is absolutely a linear game

Oct 26, 2017
Jedi Fallen Order is linear though. It's got a ton of optional side areas to explore, but overall it is absolutely a linear game

Jedi Fallen Order is not a linear and short A -> B game, this is what EA was referring when they killed Visceral SW game.

Are you going to tell me that Jedi Fallen Order structure is just like Dead Space? (since the main argument was Visceral SW title)

Mansa Mufasa

Jun 17, 2019
Toronto
Im in the beginning stages but this game just FEELS right. Its making me wish Respawn did a similar game and allowed us to play as Anakin.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Jedi Fallen Order is not a linear A -> B game, this is what EA was referring when they killed Visceral SW game.

Are you going to tell me that Jedi Fallen Order structure is just like Dead Space? (since the main argument was Visceral)
Because a souls-like inspired game with planets and metroidvania elements that lasts for at least 15 hours is a linear game right?
Not sure what the length of a game has to do with linearity, but despite the game's souls and metroid elements, all of the game's main missions have to be completed in one specific order. Hence, it's linear. Iirc DS also had the player character returning to previously explored locations, just like JFO does

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah jedi fallen order is a linear story with a bit of flexibility but not of the "do these planets in any order" variety. And I got through it on console ok, but will look forward to performance patches.

There was an uproar over KOTOR and when it was released over its use of the 3rd edition d&d rules ("no thac0??? what????"), it seems no star wars game could escape controversy.

Glad to see the game selling well.

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
This is nice and all but I doubt it will change anything. EA is interested in total revenue and not just sales and I suspect all of their games with microtransactions surpass this game significantly in this respect.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Very happy for Respawn. They needed a hit after TF2 failed to reach the same heights as TF1 and I don't trust EA to not shut them down if this failed.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Do wonder how much this has sold compared to there other games and not just star wars games.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Those are some weirdly specific accomplishments. Which mostly means it hasn't outsold Battlefront. I doubt they were expecting it to though. Given how well Battlefront 1 performed, it looks like Fallen Order still sold really well =)

Top-selling Star Wars title on PC in its initial launch window.

So launch window sales are: Console Battlefront > Fallen Order > PC Battlefront

Fastest-selling digital launch for a Star Wars game in its first two weeks.

Means that when looking only at digital sales, Fallen Order climbs a spot:

Fallen Order > Console Battlefront> PC Battlefront

And that's really interesting imo. I would have thought Battlefront had a bigger digital presence, but then maybe it was a popular Christmas gift during launch window than Fallen Order? *shrug*

Oct 31, 2017
My GOTY and I am so so so so so happy to hear that it's perform so well. Praying this means more from Respawn with more money and time to throw at it.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
That "Fastest selling SW game in PC" make me worry about how big the Battlefield audience must be right now in PC. Battlefront 1 was quite hyped and I thought it would have sold more than Battlefield at launch.
Why would you be worried about Battlefield in this context? :p

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely fantastic news. Hopefully a single player, story driven, challenging, non-casual game with no microtransactions selling this well is a clear sign for EA on the direction they should go moving forward.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
That guy in the OT that kept yelling "THIS IS THE END OF RESPAWN, THEY WILL NEVER COME BACK FROM THIS" and when pressed for clarification basically only said "I think the game is very bad so thats why it will fail sales wise! RESPAWN IS DOOOOMED" will probably feel really dumb now :)

Very happy for respawn, they are doing some great work this gen and when they were bought by EA I can't say i wasn't worried.