• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Now that it's over, what did you of the gameplay?

• I thought it looked solid!

Votes: 343 37.4%
  • Very meh, uninspired.

Votes: 464 50.6%
  • I think it looks plain awful.

Votes: 31 3.4%
  • It's alright

Votes: 79 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
So ninja theory put out a trailer and people get up set because it's not a SP game. Now this is a SP game and people are complaining.

Oh internet... are you ever happy?

Deleted member 33120

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Eh, it looked as safe and bland as possible.

I appreciate the attempt at making the gameplay "methodical" but it felt a beat too slow.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Looks alright. Will hopefully be the best of the Force Unleashed trilogy?
It's kind of a bummer though because this is not 1313 or Hennig Wars. At least in theory, those were so much more appealing to me.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Will be buying day 1! I'm not sure what people were expecting but I was very impressed. The freedom in combat to approach enemies how you want. The darksouls-lite inspired mechanics. Yes please.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine being this mad at people criticizing a game when it reveals gameplay that is 5 months out. Imagine that. I'd say you'd be in the right if it were only a minority expressing concerns about what we just saw, but it's plenty of users doing that actually, so maybe, maaaaaaybe the gameplay was just not up to what most of us were expecting? There's a chance that's the reason, I'm just saying.

I'm not mad. It's just funny. The game looks great and fun! and I'm not a big SW fan.

Havok

Oct 27, 2017
Northern VA
Combat looked really slow, and the enemy AI seemed terrible, but that could be because it was on a low difficulty setting?

I feel like if this wasn't a Star Wars themed game no one would care about what was shown here.

Oct 25, 2017
That was kind of The Surge's Sekiro.

Not very interested, I must say. The animations were very... western videogame.

That last encounter was really good, though. Great enemy pairing and placement.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Not bad...music is great all the way,the little robot on his back is nice,good action for being early on,looks like it wont be full open world but linear segments with semi open area later on probably,like Metro did maybe...anyway,still interested for sure.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
Thats about what I expected. Uncharted: Star Wars Edition but combat didnt look as fun.
I'll probably play it for sure, just not at release.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I like this spin how this is somehow showing the game early. Lmao, its releasing this year and has been worked on for years. It's not early, folks.
It's not done yet. And it's months away. This already looks good and I'm sure they'll polish it before it releases.
If they don't they failed and I won't buy it. Just don't preorder.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Looks fine but I don't get why that guy said it would be surprising. It looked exactly like what I expected.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
1. Greg is just another cringey host, and his hype-man thing makes his entire channel completely impossible to take credibly.
2. The game looks....very expected. Nothing appears to be inspired. Might have Star Wars fatigue, but I saw nothing I didn't expect to see. Pretty weak.
3. E3 has a distinctly underwhelming feel, out of the gate, this year.

Greg is a hack. He sold out. Easy allies are way better.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Which outlet was selling this like it was the best thing ever? Gameinformer?

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Will be buying day 1! I'm not sure what people were expecting but I was very impressed. The freedom in combat to approach enemies how you want. The darksouls-lite inspired mechanics. Yes please.

Impressed is a strong word here, it looks good enough for me to buy it at some point. Looks like one of those games you can breeze through. I need a couple of those in my life every year.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It looks...fine? Expectations weren't crazy high for me personally, but still was just hoping for something more.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
You guys are a miserable bunch. The game looked good and Greg did a good job hosting.
Yeah same. I don't feel like I watched the same thing as these people. Especially what people are saying about the combat. It looks like they are going for a methodical combat system, and if Stiig is to be believed it's not canned animation driven, moves are specific sets of inputs.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That was kind of The Surge's Sekiro.

Not very interested, I must say. The animations were very... western videogame.

HA. I see what you did there. Well played.

It does kind of have a Sekiro-esque feel to it, from the counter kills to the focus on parrying melee strikes. Cal's animations need a ton of work, though.

Bizarrely, the Purge Troopers animate better than Cal does.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
So ninja theory put out a trailer and people get up set because it's not a SP game. Now this is a SP game and people are complaining.

Oh internet... are you ever happy?
Because those are the only possible factors in what people judge on if they are interested in a game. Design, genre, gameplay, obviously have nothing to do with it.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Yeah, that looked very...underwhelming and bland. Time to rewatch the 1313 demo and cry.

original.gif

Look, I didn't expect to be blown away but I expected... Something. Like there's just nothing of interest here. It's like Star Wars made by committee. Everything from the atmosphere to the environemnt to the robot buddy to the encounter design to the gameplay looks like it came off a bullet point checklist.

Cocobani

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Game looked ok. After playing Sekiro the combat here looks too slow for my taste. I was not expecting this too launch on the same day as Pokemon S&S. I know Pokemon will not go down in price for years while this will probably be $40-$30 in months. Hopefully they show something more exciting at the Xbox conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.