• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Well, I sure hope they show off tons of abilities and it's not some boring generic stealth section.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's great this game doesn't have those and more should follow suit, but not EVERY game needs to be a single player, story driven game by default.

Sure, but the number of single player games in the AAA space that meet this criteria are so few that this actually feels significant, especially from EA.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
WjB6lTE.gif

Amazing how things that should just be default in games are now advertising bullet points.

Welcome to EA. Playing folks for fools is their game.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Hope they really show off some variety since there's no conference. I believe Respawn can deliver with this but I'm concerned whether EA will show it off well.

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to it, the setting looked interesting in the reveal trailer.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Wonder if we will tangentially get a glimpse of these folks:

0ZcUatN.gif

Or be privy to at least one momentous moment like that...

Last edited:

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
I mean it's great this game doesn't have those and more should follow suit, but not EVERY game needs to be a single player, story driven game by default.

I agree with you...I'm just saying that none of those things alone should be worth being hyped about. This is classic EA marketing. At this point, it's not worth paying attention to them until they show actual gameplay footage of a good game with no goddamn strings attached.

OP
OP
DMVfan123

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I thought EA play wasn't happening this year? Must of been wrong :/
Yeah I was confused as well given that EA said they weren't having a conference this year. Glad to have confirmation now
Missed this, but the tweets were just posted on the official channels so I thought it would be fit to make a thread
I'm happy it's story focused but I don't see why things like being single player only or narrative driven should be default for games.
For example, I know 85% of ERA will be turned off of the Avengers Project if it isn't a single-player story driven only game, while I think a concept like that would be a great fit for a multiplayer game

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Respawn make good shooter but an action storytelling game? I just have my hopes low

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They have a solid team behind this... very excited.