• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I did. Titanfall 2 and Battlefront 2 weren't worth full price.
absolutely-disgusting-34316651.png

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people on this site always so negative? Guy plays game early and likes it, so it has to be fake.
Because it's a fast moving forum with no voting system, so people are deliberately negative to get those red notification bells so they can feel like their posts have been seen. It's why this forum is like 75% garbage hot takes fishing for replies.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
When do reviews drop for this? I legitimately forgot this game existed (or at least was releasing this year). Respawn's a great studio and Stig's been a good director so I'm excited to see where this goes.

Edit: Embargo thread popped up one below this when I went back to the Gaming side. Can't wait to see them.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You bet
Do you know if most people in the press have it? Or is it one of those weird embargo's where only like 10 critics were sent the game? Lol
Ea is much more influencer based(Streaming and such) that reviewer now. While we can disagree all we want, and do, it makes business sense for them. I haven't talked to anyone who has it yet. But haven't searched them out either

Last edited:

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
No photo mode is wack but I wonder if it'll have Ansel support.
I should mention that he is playing offline pre day 1 patch. I'm pretty sure photomode is confirmed so it should be in the day one update or coming in the next few weeks. Would suck if it misses launch

What I'm worried about about is that EA seems to be hiding base console performance. I'm gonna assume it sucks. Lol.

Also people keep speculating on over 4 planets but never past it. I'm doubting they go over 4 or 6. There are locations outside of official large plan

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't get your hopes up for a rolling unlock on Steam. Unlike other platforms, the list of eligible countries has to be updated manually, and it's for that reason literally every single publisher on Steam that once supported rolling unlocks no longer does (with the possible exception of 2K).
Sad times. Oh well, at least I'll have an episode of The Mandalorian to watch before the game unlocks.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
God of War (game that inspired me to finally grab a PS4)
Breath of the Wild (game that inspired me to buy a switch)
Mario Odyssey
Horizon Zero Dawn
Spider-Man
Red Dead Remption 2
The Last of Us Remastered
Nier Automata
Assassin's Creed Odyssey (DNF and really only played this for a time because it's all I could find that might interest me)

Four of those games came out in 2018 which was enough to make it a good year but for me personally - Jedi Fallen Order looks like it will be the only new game I'll play this year which definitely makes it a sucky year IMO.
The only games you seem to play are the most mainstream games that garner the most critical acclaim. The only game on your list that wasn't overwhelmingly praised is Assassin's Creed Odyssey, which, coincidentally, is the only one you dropped.

If the only games you're interested in are the absolute top tier big dogs, with the most praise and talk possible behind them, then I guess I could see how 2019 would be considered a "sucky year". To me, though, playing only the games in the upper upper echelon and ignoring everything else isn't the way to game. Very surprised you have such little interest in every single game Son of Sparda posted.

Last edited:

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
If this was a Switch exclusive game published by Nintendo and developed by the same Respawn, this forum would be in total and utter ecstasy.

But since it's from "Papa EA", it's probably trash, amirite?

Oct 27, 2017
Preload today on Origin (Premier). Looking forward to this.

2700X at 4.2 GHz / 1080 Ti / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / Samsung EVO NVME

Hoping for decent performance at 1440p / 144 Hz / G-Sync

If this was a Switch exclusive game published by Nintendo and developed by the same Respawn, this forum would be in total and utter ecstasy.

I get what you're saying, but this probably isn't a good idea.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
This all just seems too perfect right? For an EA game? I'm skeptical of these early leaked impressions from a random nobody.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019

Its not just here. The cynicism for EA is elsewhere too. People literally think the game will suck because of EA. Rather than looking at the team behind the game, the preview impressions and gameplay, they see that EA logo and go as far as to say they aren't buying it because they're boycotting EA

I understand calling out EA on their shit when they fuck up but it seems this is a genuine effort to make a fantastic single player SW game.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
This all just seems too perfect right? For an EA game? I'm skeptical of these early leaked impressions from a random nobody.

Again, these are the guys who worked on the GoW trilogy under a studio with an equally as good pedigree. Its the best recipe for success

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Its not just here. The cynicism for EA is elsewhere too. People literally think the game will suck because of EA. Rather than looking at the team behind the game, the preview impressions and gameplay, they see that EA logo and go as far as to say they aren't buying it because they're boycotting EA

I understand calling out EA on their shit when they fuck up but it seems this is a genuine effort to make a fantastic single player SW game.
True, it's a global phenomenon indeed.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Why are people on this site always so negative? Guy plays game early and likes it, so it has to be fake.

Shills!

Goddamn these stealth marketers!

I have faith in Respawn.

Fucking shills!

And best dev.

Titanfall 2 is my GOAT MP game.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017

As others have said, the late hype for the game is based on much more than the single reddit user. If that person is giving a truthful account, they'd just be confirming that the level of quality from the 3 hour previews held up through the rest of the game.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
because its not that he likes it ... its just obvious that this is coming from a PR agency
But it isn't obvious. Go back and look at his posts. If it's a pr person they spent a lot of time posting stuff on reddit just to make this look good. And he has had negative opinions about a few things.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
EA and Star Wars, the ultimate in irrational nerd hatred.

It feels as if there are a whole bunch of people all coiled up like a spring just waiting to go ape.

Respawn are so solid, I can't wait to see what they've cooled up

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
But it isn't obvious. Go back and look at his posts. If it's a pr person they spent a lot of time posting stuff on reddit just to make this look good. And he has had negative opinions about a few things.

To be fair PR people pay for reddit accounts with a real history. I don't think this one is that necessarily, but that's exactly what they do.

Oct 25, 2017
As somebody who works in video game marketing, the idea that this is coming from some secret PR effort is bonkers. Countless people work REALLY hard to prevent this type of stuff from happening and to keep things planned and methodical up through and beyond launch.

Edit: adding on to this, Disney/Lucasfilm would never allow for this type of PR effort given how buttoned up they are

Last edited:

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.