• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna need to see proof from anyone who claims to have this early. I'll never forget a user in the old forum who claimed to have FFXV early and was waxing lyricals to the masses until Jason Schrier outed him. A ban followed

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Why is the guy from Reddit not sharing screenshots or anything.

May 13, 2018
I'm gonna need to see proof from anyone who claims to have this early. I'll never forget a user in the old forum who claimed to have FFXV early and was waxing lyricals to the masses until Jason Schrier outed him. A ban followed
The reddit guy posted a sealed Xbox One copy before he started talking about the game if that means anything

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
Despite me thinking this reddit post is a fluffpiece, I preordered the game.
Like, fine, it'll probably be awesomly great and I would miss out on something if I didn't buy it.

Jun 1, 2018
Like, fine, it'll probably be awesomly great and I would miss out on something if I didn't buy it.
Im pretty sure its a fluffpiece. I used to work at an advertising agency and they used to do that all the time because a post from some random reddit account that somehow had time to play it early is better advertising than spending 10k on some ad.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Games are blocked on Xbox before release from having screenshots or clips taken. I got metro exodus several days early and tried to post screenshots here when people asked, the xbox stopped it from taking them. Only way is if he has a capture card or takes pics of his tv lol

This isn't true. You can still capture images and upload them to a OneDrive.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Are there difficulty levels unlocked from the start? All this praise about the combat being Soulslike has me itching for something with Sekiro's difficulty level.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Tbf, the guy on reddit said he didn't have any major technical issues on his base Xbox 1.

Remember there's also a day 1 patch.
I would never take the word on one person who didn't mention technical problems as proof there are none. Lots of people are oblivious to that stuff.

Also, despite people often being hopeful, day one patches rarely fix significant technical problems.

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Im pretty sure its a fluffpiece. I used to work at an advertising agency and they used to do that all the time because a post from some random reddit account that somehow had time to play it early is better advertising than spending 10k on some ad.
Oh wow. Scandalous but not surprising. Free effective advertising.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I would never take the word on one person who didn't mention technical problems as proof there are none. Lots of people are oblivious to that stuff.

Also, despite people often being hopeful, day one patches rarely fix significant technical problems.

He did say he had technical issues here and there but nothing that was game breaking or significant enough for him to get worried about the quality.

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
Oh wow. Scandalous but not surprising. Free effective advertising.

The thing is, EA flew out like 200 or so people to play Jedi Fallen Order for 3 hours and speak about it. Edge and Gameinformer praised the game as well. I could see if the guy was the only person saying the game is great but his praise isn't an outlier whatsoever. It pretty much matches what the press was saying.

Like nothing he's said sounds too good to be true.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
He did say he had technical issues here and there but nothing that was game breaking or significant enough for him to get worried about the quality.
Ah, that's even worse IMO. lol

That means the problems are bad enough to be noticeable, but that person is not bothered by them, which usually means they're the type who just don't give a damn.

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
Ah, that's even worse IMO. lol

That means the problems are bad enough to be noticeable, but that person is not bothered by them, which usually means they're the type who just don't give a damn.

Well at least he's being honest. Which means the issues aren't bad enough to make the game unenjoyable. He understands its an issue but its not a significant one. I've seen minor bugs in games that I've noticed because the game ran so well that any minor issue instantly became apparent to me.

I don't think there's any need to worry too much. Best option is to wait and see what the patch fixes.

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will pick up a months subscription on Origin Access and play through this, it looks great.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

I've been in the industry for 15 years and I've never seen this used as a marketing tool for games.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We'll know for sure when the reviews come out. If they're good it obviously means EA paid off all the reviewers and that in turn confirms the reddit posts were all a plant as well. Also anyone posting that they enjoyed the game will out themselves as a bot account on ERA, we'll all be keeping eyes on you!!

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
What are people arguing about anyway? If you want it, get it, if you're worried about it, then just wait, don't preorder it. I mean....?

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Funny to me that this reddit poster seems to some like they are giving the game unusually high praise when we get posts on ResetEra praising games to the same degree all the time, even pre-release.

What makes me believe the reddit poster is that their thoughts do very much align with those of the media outlets who got to play the game at the preview event. Combine that with the fact that this person is clearly excited to play the game pre-release and you get the style it was written in.

Anyways, we'll all know how the game really plays in less than a week!

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Funny to me that this reddit poster seems to some like they are giving the game unusually high praise when we get posts on ResetEra praising games to the same degree all the time, even pre-release.

What makes me believe the reddit poster is that their thoughts do very much align with those of the media outlets who got to play the game at the preview event. Combine that with the fact that this person is clearly excited to play the game pre-release and you get the style it was written in.

Anyways, we'll all know how the game really plays in less than a week!

Of course. It's not like the previews were lukewarm, and then this guy says that it's as good as KOTOR.

They align perfectly.

Anyway, the game looks right up my alley, really looking forward to it.

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017

I don't know how much the rest of you know about advertising (I'm an expert), but I used to work at an advertising agency and ...

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is my big Q. All these people arguing about marketing conspiracies. I just wanna know about if there's any big differences between X/Pro.
As its a MS marketed game its almost be guaranteed to make the most of the X. I know Outerworlds, of all games did not, but that fell into the lap of MS, whereas they specifically sought this title, also, all console marketing is being demo'd on X. I'm assuming Respawn would be taking advantage of that.

Last edited:

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

If you're getting it on PC, I would only get a month of Premier instead. People all over the place preordered Anthem on PC when there was a $15 month option right there. That would've saved folks lots of dollars when the endgame / loot reality set in.

Status
Not open for further replies.