• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Sou Da

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We've known you play as a Jedi post Order 66 since last E3

I'm wondering if this isn't going to have more stealth/survival systems than people were expecting. Something about the landscape of this poster just screams survival to me. And if that's the tone they're chasing, maybe stealth will be a key factor. Maybe one-on-one fights will be manageable, but groups of Stormtroopers will require force power-aided stealth and stuff?
I assumed stealth from the "don't stand out" teaser. I think the lightsaber being broken is going to play a large part.

Feb 10, 2018
Looks like the person is with a

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
Guess I just missed this detail in the last 2 Battlefront games, but the EA logo being in the title seems unnecessary.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Yeah that looks like Star Wars.

Light sabers, snow planet and Star Destroyed.

EDIT: lol I confused water with snow

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Hope this looks as pretty as the DICE Frostbite games, even though it's on UE4. I'm excited.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is not going to be good. I don't believe it. I refuse to believe it. I want it to be good, but I've been burned too much.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I wish I could feel something seeing that, but after The Last Jedi and also the constant franchise milking of the past few years, I just can't bring myself to get excited about anything related to Star Wars anymore. And that's not even adding EA to the equation.

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do we know which engine it's running on? Please don't tell me it's Source Engine.
As in Valve's Source Engine? Why in heaven's sake would EA let Respawn use Source? It would make much more sense for them to use an in-house engine, they've got plenty of those. But it might be Unreal 4.

edit: Apparently Respawn has plenty of history with Source, so my bad.

Last edited:

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
$5 says that projector screen droid will display all the in-game lootboxes/micro-transactions you can buy at any given moment.

Jun 1, 2018
It's on Frostbite.

EDIT: I should clarify. It hasn't been confirmed, but I'm pretty sure it's on Frostbite. None of the job postings have referred to an engine (usually done when the engine is proprietary). If they were using UE4, they almost certainly would have asked for UE4 experience in any of the listings they created, because it's largely an industry standard.
Nope you are wrong. Its been confirmed its on UE4.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
$5 says that projector screen droid will display all the in-game lootboxes/micro-transactions you can buy at any given moment.
*beep boop "This just in sir, obi-wan kanobi just sent a new schematic for a pink lightsaber. You only have 200 force funds it cost 2000. Would you like me to convert earth money into force funds for you?"

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Man the empire / new order on the block .. they don't have very strict flight formations huh . ;)

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Well, I believe we've all learned our lessons of bullshots and concept art when it comes to the finished product. They rarely come to fruition.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man you guys shitting on the Force Unleashed. The ONLY part of that game that made me smile was pulling a Star Destroyer out of the sky....ya'll are tripping.