• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, still not feeling this at all. I still don't see what they're bringing new to the table. And I was very excited to see Respawn's take on Star Wars but this just feels meh. Faces and animation look very rough, specially coming after TLOU 2 (the games honestly feel 2 generations apart. Not in terms of graphics, obviously, but everything else).
The boss battles do look very good, at least from these snippets.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Is it me or characters kinda are sticking out compared to environment art wise? In general visuals are kinda inconsistent. Still not sure what to think about this game.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I mean, I'm not looking for limbs to be flying everywhere like Ninja Gaiden II, but a slice like this should probably cut something off, if not outright cut the dude in half.

0PIjROL.gif

Still its at least slicing. People calling the lightsaber a baseball bat... it would have to be smacking ppl and bouncing off of the bodies. We do see the saber impaling and slicing people, it's not stopping on bodies.

The limb thing is Disney's call. They said at least droids and creatures will has dismemberment

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, still not feeling this at all. I still don't see what they're bringing new to the table. And I was very excited to see Respawn's take on Star Wars but this just feels meh. Faces and animation look very rough, specially coming after TLOU 2 (the games honestly feel 2 generations apart. Not in terms of graphics, obviously, but everything else).

I dont think people expect something new to the table from Star Wars.

They just want a SP Star Wars game.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks good. They have done a really great job showing off enemy variety, which is an important part of these kinds of games. Looks like it will be a fun adventure.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I have had this game pre-ordered to play on my Xbox One X mainly just because I like Star Wars, but this new trailer just made me much more hyped to play the game. It looks pretty awesome.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Okay so this is not getting delayed

The marketing has been nonexistent for a while now, it would honestly do a lot better in January

I'm truly laughing here how you think it's better for the game to dodge the extremely lucrative holiday window and the Star Wars frenzy from the movie launch and launch In January when everyone is recovering from holiday purchases.

why?!

Nov 23, 2017
Nah. Last Of Us 2 is impressive but kind of overblown in how advanced it is. It's not that much better than UC Lost Legacy from 2017 or Star Citizen or RDR2 or God of War or even others.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
It just feels really vanilla to me.
At least it won't be a new TFU (hopefully) this time, and it's single player focused (unlike Battlefront), but it really fails to excite me, both on the gameplay and story side.
Environments look really good though.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
This game straight up lacks a soul. Like the more I see of it the less enticing it looks yet because it's Star Wars I keep coming back. That one demo they showed was so disappointing and empty, and the fact that there's no lightsaber dismemberment is even more of a reason to keep away.

But it's Star Wars
Totally agree. They picked the most cookie cutter boring ass generic main hero character that they possibly could have found. The rest of the cast seems weak too. All kinda serious and dead eyed people. The gameplay seems a bit repetitive and dull as well. God damn imagine a Star Wars game made like TLOU. I'm not sure how that would work, but I just mean something classy and with gravitas.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I don't get the response here this looks spectacular. It's clearly souls like, there seems to be very interesting level design, puzzle areas and massive bosses which everyone who plays Souls games love. It has the Star Wars wrapper which makes it even better. This could be a special game.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
So Vader's in this right? His breathing sounds were there in the background.
Yep heard it too. I hope this means a Vader duel somehow. <3

Lightsaber acts like a baseball bat but otherwise looks to be a fun game
I see the lighsaber still acts like a baseball bat and not a laser sword.
Um in every Star Wars movie I've seen limbs, heads and torsos were being chopped off left and right.
I just can't get over the fact that the saber is the equivalent of a fancy baseball bat without any dismenberment. Or maybe it's there and I didn't see it
I'm so tired of lightsabers functioning as batons in all of these games.

Cut through metal - sure.

Bounce off person.
MJWuDn2.gif

krTX9WH.gif

kRfkG95.gif

Courtesy of Crossing Eden

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Looks totally fine.

I'm sure I'll get it, I'll just wait for a sale unless the reviews and impressions are beyond positive, but there's too much other stuff out this year that want to play more that either already released or is still releasing that I'm much more excited about.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Overall it looks good, but the animations still lacks proper quality.

Nonetheless... I forgot this is coming pretty soon, but I'll be picking up next to the movie debut (pretty sure it will be on sale).

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019

this game reminds me of the new avengers game. both look designed to appeal specifically to younger players, who aren't as distracted by all the elements (inferior graphics, derivative gameplay) that might turn older players off...

which's pretty appropriate, considering that was the initial target audience for both properties...

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Honestly it reminds me a lot more of the Tomb Raider reboot games outside of the combat that looks similar to Sekiro, than anything related to Souls.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
this game reminds me of the new avengers game. both look designed to appeal specifically to younger players, who aren't as distracted by all the elements (inferior graphics, derivative gameplay) that might turn older players off...

yup, very good comparison. They do seem to be pretty similar games, both working with an established franchise, both good looking enough and both seemingly using tired formulas and gameplay mechanics (and both have horrible faces)

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
The Edge feature article for this game is great. The head guy says King's Field II is one of his all-time favorite games. This is a Souls-like experience they have made and of course the Star Wars trappings are awesome.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
yup, very good comparison. They do seem to be pretty similar games, both working with an established franchise, both good looking enough and both seemingly using tired formulas and gameplay mechanics (and both have horrible faces)
Fallen Order actually had positive impressions when press got hands on tho. Avengers had a pretty mixed response.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Totally agree. They picked the most cookie cutter boring ass generic main hero character that they possibly could have found.

It doesn't need to be something entirely new to be good tbf

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019

which's pretty appropriate, considering that was the initial target audience for both properties...

Avengers game got meh reactions. Jedi Fallen Order was praised a lot especially by Edge magazine and Gameinformer. Jedi also got nominated for Game of Show at E3. I don't see anything that stuck out as soulless. Metroidvania level design, interesting enemy designs and bosses, and Sekiro/Souls like combat. If the story and characters manage to be good, this game will be one of the best of 2019

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017

I mean, all SW impressions were extremely positive and the "older players" actually enjoyed the game.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It won't keep me from playing and enjoying it, but it just seems silly when you consider it's a laser sword literally passing through a guy.
How is it any more or less silly than the hundreds of other games where swords and cutting weapons just pass through enemies though? What always strikes me is that this discussion runs through every single thread for Fallen Order, but not something like Dark Souls or Devil May Cry. Or even other Star Wars games.....nobody gets sliced limb from limb in KOTOR, I don't think.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That preview from awhile back made it sound promising, but I dunno, every time I'm watching gameplay of this, or a trailer, it just isn't doing it for me.

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
It looks fine but Christ I cannot stand the face of the two protagonist. Something just seems so off about them.