• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NiallGGlynn

Apr 16, 2019
EA is such a negative factor that until this game hits store shelves for people to have real impressions I cannot muster any excitement for it. No offense to the devs but they serve at the Emperor's pleasure.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Everyones looking edgy af and then theres just the little green goopy guy lol

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Very subtle with the light and dark contrast.

/ssssssssssssssssss

Anyone who actually believes in the notion of "anti-white" in any capacity shouldn't even be taken seriously to begin with.

I mean, sure, I'm inclined to agree with you that people who are arguing that in the first place are not doing so in good faith. But it is important to check ourselves from letting those undertones shape our discussions.

Trust me, as a black man, I would LOVE to see more diversity among lead roles in Star Wars (They've done my man Finn dirty) and hope Disney continues the trend. Unlike many here, I actually really liked Iden Versio in Battlefront 2 and disappointed that we aren't getting more story content for that saga.

I just want the game to be good. It's been a long time since we've gotten a really good SP focused title. I want to judge it for what it is, not what it isn't. And right now, we know next to nothing other than how some characters look.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Everybody complaining about Cameron Monaghan being the protagonist when I cant even remember the last game that starred a ginger.

I'm just hoping I can change the lightsaber color because blue is played out at this point.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I root for Respawn, owned by EA and all. I hope this game rules. I feel like it's been a while since Stig directed a game. Am I wrong?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They're really determined to make this game look like the blandest thing.

digreyfox

Nov 7, 2017
The cover looks extremely bland, I strongly dislike the MC look (which is impressive, in a way, since I've seen literally all of two pictures), but what brings me here today is that there seems (to me) to be something wrong with the angle the blade itself is at vis a vis the hilt. It just seems, to my eyes, that the blade should be moving a lot further away, into the background, instead of appearing flat up against the cover.

Is anyone else getting this ?

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like today's typical Star Wars-type marketing - everything at oblique angles. The Inquisitor may stand out out because that's the only character that could be looking forward at the viewer. I like that they got Debra Wilson and Cameron Monaghan clearly on there.

Two Star Wars games in two years with two protagonists representative of types of people not often seen in games. Not bad, considering.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Matt Damon as Duke Airsurfer.

Stormtroopers and inquisitor look goofy af

Inquisitors, goofy? No...

tumblr_o4kv81gToz1uxb6ajo1_500.gif

tumblr_o4vy50PaD21s6fqh2o1_500.gif

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
That ship design on the left looks great. Hopefully that's the player's, and maybe we get to be inside too rather than just fly it. Actually I hope we can fly it and it's not just a transport method. I wanna be at least in a turret at some point. I'm aching for a SW game with space battles.

I see in bottom left a Luke style way of boarding an AT-AT so I'm expecting that to be part of a mission. I would still like the protagonist to be Ithorian though :(

Oct 27, 2017
I'd still play those Jar-Jar...uh...Representative Binks games.

Just realized my favorite Star Wars vehicle got banished to the lower-right corner of the box art.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know this game existed before today but I'm interested. Mainly because of Cameron lol. Too bad his character most likely won't be gay like the one he plays on Shameless. ;_;

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's the first time I'm so bothered by another generic white dude hero. It's Star Wars for **** sake, in a huge universe with a billion species, we had a bunch of games/movies/series and yet it's another white generic dude just because. Come the **** on !

Did you buy Battlefront 2, you played as a Black Female sure she was the "Baddie" but it was still a nice change.

Aine

May 27, 2019
I like the deluxe cover's minimalism a lot more than the "let's just lazily recycle movie poster trends" standard.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
I'm not bothered with the hero being a "white male" this time around, the last 10 pieces of Star Wars media I've consumed have all had diverse protagonists.