• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I really wouldn't take those risks considering the praise this game has gotten lol

Edge was very impressed by this game and IGN and others touted it as a potential GoTY contender. But we'll see how the full game turns out.

Games Radar as mentioned GOTY potential. If its really good, I wouldn't be surprised if its Star Wars pedigree pushes it to GOTY for at least a few publications.

Right now GOTY is pretty wide open, and if Death Stranding is divisive or disappointing it will be really wide open.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
How people keep saying a legit real actor looks generic is beyond me.
Its a real freaking person, he looks just as unique as everyone one of us do.
Kinda ridiculous the complaints some people can come up with out of thin air.

I think the pushback is that so many games have white male in this age range as the lead. I understand that, but you are right, this is a really talented actor who has shown his has a lot of range.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
That was a pretty slick trailer. Certainly has my interest up which hasn't happened with a trailer in a while.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Why does that black woman look familiar, hasn't she been in Wolfenstein 2?

Oh Debra Wilson, who was Grace in Wolfenstein 2! No wonder.
wolfenstein_2-1.png

latest

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
At the moment, my only concerns are basically related to flexibility and replay value. Namely, it seems you're stuck as a light side user, when part of the allure of these types of games (ever since Dark Forces Jedi Knight) was how you could give into the dark side, or at least use its powers to get the job done.

Whether you're looking at this game as a hopeful successor to Jedi Knight/Outcast, or as a Soulslike with a Star Wars skin, I'll be disappointed if there's really only "one way" to play the game. Metroidvania with optional difficulties not withstanding.

Nov 8, 2017
Looks really interesting. Any known differences between versions yet? I would typically get it on Steam but I'm not sure how much I like getting involved with EA and since it's not a FPS I'm fine getting it on a console. But will it run well on a PS4 Pro?

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im genuinley curious if people have actually grievances with how the game looks or if ea publishing it has everyone on the defense

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I need to see if I can get this digitally on Amazon. I have $37 in Amazon Points I can use towards it.

Edit* You can order it digitally on Amazon, cool!

And the freaking Deluxe Edition gives you the option to build an ORANGE lightsaber. Argh! I never, EVER, buy things for visual/skin packs. Here I am wanting to have an orange saber though.

Anyone know if the Xbox One X version is native 4k? HDR?

Last edited:

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't really thinking about picking this up by the trailer is making it very tempting. Graphics look fantastic.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Looks really good. Wasn't feeling it at the reveal, but it's shaped up nicely in later footage and the previews are quite glowing.

Still not in love with how Cal looks though. Cameron is a good looking guy and has had some really interesting looks over the years and they went with the blandest possible thing with him. His red hair color is often too muted and dark in scenes and his haircut especially is just really boring as hell. Not sure why they didn't go with something a bit more striking and unique.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
At the moment, my only concerns are basically related to flexibility and replay value. Namely, it seems you're stuck as a light side user, when part of the allure of these types of games (ever since Dark Forces Jedi Knight) was how you could give into the dark side, or at least use its powers to get the job done.

Whether you're looking at this game as a hopeful successor to Jedi Knight/Outcast, or as a Soulslike with a Star Wars skin, I'll be disappointed if there's really only "one way" to play the game. Metroidvania with optional difficulties not withstanding.
I mean you can use the force to freeze someone in place and then pull that person toward you and place them up against their own blaster bolt. So they aren't exactly limiting you sans the omission of force choke(?) and lightning.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Have we heard anything about hdr? I'm about to buy a new TV (tcl series 6 2018 edition) and it actually has pretty good hdr where my current one doesn't. And I'm hoping with how iconic the lightsabers are the hdr really makes them pop.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Have we heard anything about hdr? I'm about to buy a new TV (tcl series 6 2018 edition) and it actually has pretty good hdr where my current one doesn't. And I'm hoping with how iconic the lightsabers are the hdr really makes them pop.
Wondering this too. Usually if you don't hear a lot about the HDR support leading up to launch, it's probably a weak implementation or no implementation at all. I hope that's not true here.

X-Peaceman-X

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I think the pushback is that so many games have white male in this age range as the lead. I understand that, but you are right, this is a really talented actor who has shown his has a lot of range.
Yeah I definitely understand the want to see more diversity and im the same way, currently writing a screenplay and even tho i am a straight white male i consciously made the decision to diversify my cast.

That being said when the character in question is played by a real person, saying that he is boring or generic is just absurd to me.
Sure say you which they picked someone else but do call him generic? Plus the rest of the cast is plenty diverse, not even including the aliens lol.

And yes Cam is a tremendously talented actor i just wrote an article on the game and he was one of the high points im looking forward to!

ced

Oct 27, 2017

Just bought this in 55", sale?

I haven't figured out HDR yet on ps4, hope you have better luck.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I need to see if I can get this digitally on Amazon. I have $37 in Amazon Points I can use towards it.

Edit* You can order it digitally on Amazon, cool!

And the freaking Deluxe Edition gives you the option to build an ORANGE lightsaber. Argh! I never, EVER, buy things for visual/skin packs. Here I am wanting to have an orange saber though.

Anyone know if the Xbox One X version is native 4k? HDR?

Google says HDR.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
good thing is, you should be back just in time for the PS5 launch so you get to participate in that hype cycle.
In hindsight theres probably some Starwars focused website that will give it GOTY regardless, so maybe I should have said 1 month or clarified it had to be a major publication :P

Ah well. I'm still convinced its going to be a 8.0/10 game

anteevy

Oct 27, 2017
Same here, always had an orange lightsaber in Jedi Outcast/Academy and need to have one in this, too. But unless I read it wrong, the standard edition pre-order should also include the orange lightsaber :)

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Hope this is good, but personally, I just don't find it exciting based on what I've seen. Can't wait for some impression from fellow posters.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
In hindsight theres probably some Starwars focused website that will give it GOTY regardless, so maybe I should have said 1 month or clarified it had to be a major publication :P

Ah well. I'm still convinced its going to be a 8.0/10 game

Idk...the game has a lot of mass appeal considering its design and genre. And Idk what game outlet focuses exclusively on SW content. But I know what you mean

I see high 80s. Like an 87-89.

MrPressStart

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My dream ending for this game is our character walking off Thinking mission accomplished only to have Vader's saber ignite behind him and the iconic breathing.... as credits roll.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I am mildly concerned about this, but I think the backlash would be so immense that there's no way they can exclude it from Premier members.

At the same time, they seem to have weaseled out of giving early access to Jedi Order for Origin/EA Access subscribers so who knows? My worry is that they will try to bump launch sales by not giving Premier members access until December or something. That way they can still say "Look it's on Premier like we told you it would be.....just not at launch." I'm not sure if there's any precedent where they held back a game from launching on Premier though.

I just noticed the store page has been updated with confirmation it's included with Premier:

swjfooriginaccesssukpp.jpg

luminosity

Oct 30, 2017
Holy shit. The moment I read this I knew exactly who you were talking about. lol
Oh Wow. Yeah that's her.
Yep that's Debra Wilson. She's also Grace Walker in Wolfenstein 2.
Fantastic trailer with that music sync.

She's also Grace in the Wolfenstein games.

kkSlRJf.png

s2_456e.1280.jpg
Debra is amazing. Especially on MadTV!
Her Oprah and Whitney never cease to make me laugh.

Thanks everyone! Didn't know all this about the actress. But now I remember her from Wolfenstein.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Damn good trailer. I'm really hoping at least one Inquisitor lightsaber helicopters away after a fight.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Great trailer, can't wait.

Wondering this too. Usually if you don't hear a lot about the HDR support leading up to launch, it's probably a weak implementation or no implementation at all. I hope that's not true here.
Yeah, it looks great in the footage already but so much potential for great HDR with this.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed the store page has been updated with confirmation it's included with Premier:

swjfooriginaccesssukpp.jpg

Nice, that's what I was waiting for.

I'm not sure I would spend $60 on this, but I'll damn well have no problem spending $15 to play it for a month. I'll probably beat it well within that time.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird. I went from no interest to suddenly being really hyped for this. Do we know how many planets will be in this? They're all semi-open hubs right?

I was surprised to see Titanfall/Prince of Persia-esque platforming in the most recent gameplay. I was expecting this to be more Uncharted-y, so I think that's what got me excited for this