• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Star Wars is real -- which do you see yourself being drawn to

• Dark side

Votes: 265 38.8%
  • Light side

Votes: 315 46.1%
  • Pharcyde

Votes: 103 15.1%

• Total voters

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
I might use the force for physical comedy. Just moving drinks a little farther away. Turning lights off and on repeatedly. Doing that "tapped you on the shoulder" game in traffic.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I have elements of both. I've always been tightly-wound and have had a short fuse, but at the same time what I really crave is peace of mind and a tranquility of being. Probably try light and get sucked into dark when some prick pulls in front of me in traffic or I have to fight Gravelord Nito again.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am a Jedi. I am heroic, honorable, and brave. I defend the weak and the innocent and those who cannot defend themselves. I will never falter from the path of good. The light is my ally and the darkness shall be--

*some hot evil Sith or Inquisitor chick in black leather and heels shows up*

Oh no

Mosaica

May 22, 2019
I think the DS has some cool powers, and it's demeanor seems rather pragmatic.
Though, I like to think that I have a decent morale center, and would be a Gray rather than a Sith.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
searched my heart, found an answer i knew to be true

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
"What do you mean you've been using Jedi mind tricks to cheat the stock exchange market?"

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Dark Side aesthetic is dope, no doubt, but they're all such petty dweebs. Like it's cool to be powerful but none of them actually use that power for anything, it's and end in itself.

It's not like Sheev was drinking eighteen lightyear-old Scotch and hanging out with Twilek supermodels or anything. He just hung out in aluminum hallways looking sour and lonely.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
OQHRCFX.jpg

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't the Jedi basically forced celibacy? good luck with that
I guess you can be light side and still fuck. What are the rules here, George?

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
I don't even particularly want to do space crimes or nothing, I just think a pseudo religious cop cult telling me I can't justifiably feel hate or love can go ahead and eat my whole ass. Crown to crease.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
I try not to be a dick in real life and I like to think that wouldn't change with the advent of superpowers, so light side.

It's not quite asking me if I'd want to be a Jedi, though. A life of service is a difficult ask.

Oct 25, 2017
Light

Along with with my policy of "don't be a dick" I like that I can become one with the force if I don't go to the dark side.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like some people misunderstood the point of the Bendu in Rebels. He showed how fucking stupid it is to try and be "neutral" between Light and Dark. He's the embodiment of: "Never try to make things better", all he cares about is himself. The whole world could be nearly destroyed but so long as he was left alone he was content. To be in the middle is to be content with things being as they are.

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like some people misunderstood the point of the Bendu in Rebels. He showed how fucking stupid it is to try and be "neutral" between Light and Dark. He's the embodiment of: "Never try to make things better", all he cares about is himself. The whole world could be nearly destroyed but so long as he was left alone he was content. To be in the middle is to be content with things being as they are.

Alternatively, Star Wars's canonical hyper-dualization on powers that we might otherwise expect to be vastly more of a diverse expression of our varied sapience and interests is kind of stupid and therefore presents a boring thought experiment.

It's why I think the only interesting choice is try to become an independent adept of force powers outside of the preconceived paradigm, or fail because I'm too mediocre of a student to produce such an innovation.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
i'd do magic tricks with the dark side, magicians always get the crazy hot girls

now i wonder how the force works with sex, i'm sure there is tons of fan fic about it

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lets spice things up, you also have to give up the Era theme opposite of your side. So if your Light side, no dark theme for you, and vice versa.