• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Star Wars is real -- which do you see yourself being drawn to

• Dark side

Votes: 265 38.8%
  • Light side

Votes: 315 46.1%
  • Pharcyde

Votes: 103 15.1%

• Total voters

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
You don't really have to become a jedi :p
We can imagine that you are a genius, and just learn the force's powers by yourself, and use it for good, while still being able to love without the jedis breaking your balls about passion and hate.

Dark side you'll just hurt the people you love.

Is that like.. allowed? Do they let rando force-users run around not signed up for the Jedi order?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
...You can love and have children as a Jedi. The whole point of the Prequels is that the Jedi of the current age had gotten this idea that emotions like those turn people to evil. Had they not instilled such laws, Anakin likely wouldn't have turned out the way he did as he wouldn't have needed to hide it.

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Is that like.. allowed? Do they let rando force-users run around not signed up for the Jedi order?
I mean they let Ahsoka leave didn't they? And they're absolutely characters implied to be force sensitive who never become Jedi so its not like the Jedi just went round and recruited everyone with an affinity with the force. They went for the ones who were easiest to control like the orphans like a true cult does

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I'd just ignore the force and study how FTL drives work, and what that means for relativity and quantum mechanics. Much more interesting anyway.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
...You can love and have children as a Jedi. The whole point of the Prequels is that the Jedi of the current age had gotten this idea that emotions like those turn people to evil. Had they not instilled such laws, Anakin likely wouldn't have turned out the way he did as he wouldn't have needed to hide it.

Yes, blame the immense pressure Anakin felt on the Jedi cause he couldn't keep his dick from getting wet. Pathetic. I hate them. I hate them all. Not just the jedimen, but the jediwomen and jedikids.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
There needs to be a in between
The light side is way too over the top with rules and what is morally right and all that crap.

the dark side is evil and about exterminating whole cultures so can't be down with them either.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I'd think I'd be fine with the idea of being a pragmatic Dark Side adept that just uses the power to eke out a nice way of making myself comfortable and soak up knowledge.

Not all darksiders were out there using the Force to either attempt take over the Galaxy or commit crimes against nature with Sith alchemy or the like.

If you weren't detected and/or scouted as a child, you'd probably be just a Force Adept that could live your entire life with whatever of Force comprehension you have.

And then there's no shortage of people who left the Order for whatever reason and otherwise no supervision. Dooku left after his former student Qui-Gonn was killed, for example.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Everyone would think I'm super into the Light Side, but I'm secretly trying to excel in the Dark Side.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The light side is way too over the top with rules and what is morally right and all that crap.

the dark side is evil and about exterminating whole cultures so can't be down with them either.

There will never be a "Grey Jedi" as some like to call it.

In Star Wars there's only really 4 states of Force Users.

Jedi - Light Side User - Dark Side User - Sith

Obvious examples being.
Luke - Ahsoka - Kylo - Vader

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017
I would want to be light side so bad, but I know the dark would be calling. Give me too much power and I'm going full mass murdering psycho. I've grown weary arguing that life has value, people should be treated equal, and we should look out for one another. Any with differing viewpoints would be struck down by my red saber without a second thought.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Jedi really don't do very much actual good in most of the movies, though. They're mostly just boring-ass religious bureaucrats - they're basically the Space Vatican.

The Spatican.

Also I'd totally go dark side. It's not that the dark side is inherently evil, that's just the narrow-minded dogmatic view of the Jedi, but of course it is addicting. You just need to do what many Force users like Dooku have done and use the dark side without being consumed by it.

Then you get a dope lightsaber and nobody is your boss. You can enact real change as you want it, untethered by Jedi politics.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
All dark side users are miserable people who make other people miserable too. If that's the case, then who cares if you can shoot lightning? What are you even gonna use that for?

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
considering i'm not even comfortable roleplaying as evil characters in videogames, i'm gonna go with light lol

Deleted member 12009

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Train as a Jedi, then get super into Dark Side lore and start questioning everything. Collect dark side holocrons like Otaku collect waifu statues. It'd weird people out but they'd know I'm on the up and up.

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017

db3h3ud-d6dbc20e-ebf0-40d5-a154-3d953dbda51e.gif

Also, a mod needs to lock the maximum votes for dark side to two.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
So putting aside love, how does the light side feel about masturbation?

The answer will determine my alignment

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Why not both?

The idea you can't wield both is beyond dumb. Intent should matter, not the power itself. The Force is The Force. If you use Force Lightning to torture someone but another person uses it to charge someone's dead car, there is a vast difference in use. They can't both be evil.
The force is not the force. The light and dark sides are starkly different things. The dark side isn't evil, but it draws on emotions that, when unchecked, tend to send you spiraling downwards. If you channel force lightning to charge someone's car battery by its very nature it tempts you to channel force lightning for other applications and, if you're not careful, before you know it you're torturing your assistant manager's kid on the floor of your office.

But if you don't have it in you at all to do that, the dark side isn't going to make you evil.