• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I know that this will probably not go anywhere, but we have multiple open spots in our guild in case anyone is interested in joining.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I got 3po right away this morning. I was so worried that it was going to be another chewie deal where I have to try 100s of times.
Haha we finally made those damn cutscenes skippable.

As an aside if only that damn logray would show up sometime, I need to start bribing some people

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
I was on vacation when the Chewie event started and my wife got sick and went to bed early and I seriously spent an entire night just redoing that over and over. I threw my phone multiple times. Whoever scaled back the difficulty for 3po is my hero.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Man I am loving this chase event. I am 40/80 on the ebon hawk right now. I love kotor so I am working hard on unlocking it even though a podcast that I listen said it is not some great ship or anything.

XaviConcept

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Its a good ship! Even if its not better than the MF or HT I think its worth having

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a resetera guild or any guild that I could join? I am at 2.8m go with c3po, Revan , all that jazz 7 star. Traya at 5 star I think, randomly got kicked out of my guild while on vacation today.

Ally code: 968-377-232

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Is there a resetera guild or any guild that I could join? I am at 2.8m go with c3po, Revan , all that jazz 7 star. Traya at 5 star I think, randomly got kicked out of my guild while on vacation today.

Ally code: 968-377-232
We have a guild, but it's currently full. I'll ask around and get back to you tomorrow if we can open up a spot for you.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
My God Darth revan looks amazing. I love the light saver dragging animation for his one attack. It is killing me that I am going to come up short. I actually called game stop tonight to see how much they would give me for my PS4 so I could get revan but I don't think it would be enough.

XaviConcept

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think his kit is pretty fun, glad his leader ability is not bible lenght unlike Pope Revan and I always like when older characters get new uses.

I think Garret did a pretty great job on the event art for this one, people are gonna dig it Im sure.

The cinematics also came out pretty well, Remember to turn the sound on!

XaviConcept

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah we always joke around with our audio artist, stuff like "THIS GAME HAS SOUND?!" But she really does an incredible job, each time she works on my cinematics suddenly they come to life and Im like "holy shit I made a movie"

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Even if I did that I don't think a vault would do it. Gonna stay strong and wait for the next rotation.
I got so stupidly lucky. 3rd pack I opened was 330 Carth shards, 5th pack was 145 Juhani shards. It took my 5 packs to get them all. I was so pissed that I bought the vault since I could have just bought individual packs but oh well. I hope this event isnt chewie hard.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got so stupidly lucky. 3rd pack I opened was 330 Carth shards, 5th pack was 145 Juhani shards. It took my 5 packs to get them all. I was so pissed that I bought the vault since I could have just bought individual packs but oh well. I hope this event isnt chewie hard.

That's the other reason I'm waiting. I will know exactly what gear level I have to take these toons to in order to get him. Since his kit is so heavily anti-Jedi hopefully a CLS squad with han, chewie, 3p0 and r2 can take him on offense.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
I got her to 6*. I'll just have a droid squad ready for next time around for the last star.

Man 6* is crazy impressive. I spent days just doing that battle over and over just to get to 5*. Finally how I did it was I geared Asajj all the way up to one piece short of g13. She just soloed the whole thing for me once I modded her for damage and speed. I just had her alternate turns killing Anakin and healing until her damage was so high she could one shot the rest of them. Even with all that though she was down to one red bar of health twice. That was the hardest thing I have ever done in any game I think.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
Padme is OP—she took out about 4 of our best Guild members. Having said that... we have 5 open slots in our Guild. If anyone is interested, let us know. We were so close to doing the Hard Sith raid before our roster took a hit, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Padme is OP—she took out about 4 of our best Guild members. Having said that... we have 5 open slots in our Guild. If anyone is interested, let us know. We were so close to doing the Hard Sith raid before our roster took a hit, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know a guy at work I can ask to join. He's lower level so it might be some time before he can contribute to raids, but can at least get us tickets etc.
Obviously open it up to other ERA members first but let me know if I should invite him.

Griestatus

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry to bother you guys. I started to play like last month, so I'm not full level, but I get 600 tickets everyday, if any guild has a spot open, it would be awesome. Thanks.

XaviConcept

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Its not everyday I get to concept a brand new Star Wars character from scratch :)

gTfoq1n.png

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
I might be alone*, but I'm already bored of the Relics. The thought of grinding new pieces of gear just makes me want to dip my phone in a glass of blue milk. I'm usually quite positive towards this game, even as a F2P player, but this... this makes me want to move on now.

And I know the EXACT moment my last ounces of remaining joy I foolishly derived from this game were Force-pulled from my fingers. I have 2 G13 characters. Cool. I crumpled a bunch of old gear into salvage and eagerly went into Darth Revan's card to see what I could do. I crafted his lightsaber into a Level 1 Relic. And then I noticed that in order to get to Level 2, I already had to go farm a new piece of gear. I couldn't even get to LEVEL TWO WITHOUT A SEVERE GRIND!!!!! TWO. OF SEVEN! With the slowest earning currency in the game. That I also need for leveling characters.

I just can't even right now.

*I'm not alone:

Seeing this just... I have to walk away for a few hours before I hastily uninstall. If anyone needs me, I'll be playing Garbage Pail Kids: The Game. And drinking blue milk.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Yeah the relics are so awful. I have only gotten one character to g13 and it is GG. So I was excited to see that the relics make him insanely powerful but I also could only get him up one tier. My Brood Alpha is going to be 6 stars in the next day or 2. I cant stop farming him when my guild is trying to earn Wat shards, so I am just locked out for relics for the forseeable future. My GA opponent also cheated against me I believe so that is super frustrating.

XaviConcept

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the relics are so awful. I have only gotten one character to g13 and it is GG. So I was excited to see that the relics make him insanely powerful but I also could only get him up one tier. My Brood Alpha is going to be 6 stars in the next day or 2. I cant stop farming him when my guild is trying to earn Wat shards, so I am just locked out for relics for the forseeable future. My GA opponent also cheated against me I believe so that is super frustrating.

Send me your player ID and if he cheated I'll take care of it.

Relics are, obviously, going to cause some friction with a section of the playerbase. I do believe its good for the future of the game and, like all things with a live service, is something we are monitoring closely and will iterate when needed. Hopefully you guys stick around!

AnthonyUK

Nov 6, 2017
Send me your player ID and if he cheated I'll take care of it.

Relics are, obviously, going to cause some friction with a section of the playerbase. I do believe its good for the future of the game and, like all things with a live service, is something we are monitoring closely and will iterate when needed. Hopefully you guys stick around!

tenor.gif

The game was finally starting to approach a more Rock,scissors,paper type game after JKR domination for months. We used to get a nice smooth progression treadmill to do and they were drip fed out in months/years.Now they have added 2 extra progressions of gear in the last 3 months, which benefit the huge whales, as they will now dominate.

And there has been no new content and no a reskinned TB battle doesnt count as new, its a horrible thing to do and its quite transparent why - to suck as much money as possible out of the playerbase and try to force people to spend to compete in GA and arena, any sort of F2P with this is done. We have already had 2 people leave our guild over this and videos like Ahnalds and mobilegamers show why.

I'm done spending money on this game due to the sheer lack of respect CG and EA are showing to the playerbase, they have a few weeks to fix this else i'll be walking away from a 2 years+ roster both Revans i got i was so excited to play a few weeks ago.

polynomial

Oct 29, 2017

I know it's probably super demoralising to hear the constant stream of complaints on reddit etc regarding how relics have been added and implemented - and really, there's usually a fair amount of negativity around nearly everything you guys do, so I can totally understand the fatigue - but on this occasion I am inclined to agree at least partially with them. It's not so much "what" you guys have added, it's more about the "when". I think if relics came 6+ months after G13 there'd be less resistance. I also think that if relics had been released along with you opening up some gear floodgates alongside it we'd have taken the rough with the smooth to a certain degree. Even a new tier of challenges, maybe some new events released at the same time would have sweetened the deal and generated a lot less ill will. For all the talk of relics using stockpiled or less important gear, the reality is that our stockpiles will fund some R1-4 characters for a few months and then run out, and R5+ all requires the same resources we need to even take characters to G13 in the first place.

The update to the daily prize box was a nice gesture, but it doesn't do much on its own in the grand scheme of things, especially when there's been a general squeeze on resources so far this year (halved days on assault battles, pit sim rewards being worse than the old top ten ones, halved GET income from TB, halved shard income from TB). There was a comment about a "new round of changes intended to make it easier for players to reach higher gear tiers and access the Relics system" which appears to have been forgotten from the player-bases point of view.

XaviConcept

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
And there has been no new content and no a reskinned TB battle doesnt count as new, its a horrible thing to do and its quite transparent why - to suck as much money as possible out of the playerbase and try to force people to spend to compete in GA and arena, any sort of F2P with this is done. We have already had 2 people leave our guild over this and videos like Ahnalds and mobilegamers show why.

I know you're venting and hey, sure, Im not here to stop you but I'll politely disagree on your TB comment, because its not a reskin. If Monster Hunter adds a new map with new encounters its not a reskin. We took the Geo TB extremely seriously and poured a ton of resources into it to make it the best piece of content in our game to date.

I'll also remind you that I mostly just make the art and am in no way an official spokesperson for the game. If there is something poignant I can help with (like you played with a cheater) cool
I can help but otherwise I cant discuss release strategies and related content.

I know it's probably super demoralising to hear the constant stream of complaints on reddit etc regarding how relics have been added and implemented - and really, there's usually a fair amount of negativity around nearly everything you guys do, so I can totally understand the fatigue

I personally have no problems with it. We are lucky to have a good game with a lively audience that takes it seriously and demands a certain level of quality. These are good things.

I have access to the data and dont find it demoralizing (then again, I dont get death threats like Carrie used to) I know things are going well (not just making money, other things too), plus I play the game every day and I know what the intent is behind these changes ... so when I see a segment of the fanbase have this kind of reaction I know where its coming from but I also have the benefit of a broader perspective.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
I still love the game and I was super excited when I got 3 more of the kryo pieces I need today to get FBS to g13. I used to be top 50 in arena every day, then that went down to top 100 everyday, now in the last 2 days I have fallen down to 160s. I am just stunned how many people already have 5 tier 5 relic characters. Hopefully they will look at things and at least adjust how we get the signal data. It sucks that you need that stuff for level 2 and you have to choose between helping your guild or being competitive in game.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
So I have my badstilla up to r4 and my Darth Revan up to r2 and I am back to finishing in the top 100 every day of arena. I was definitely to quick to criticize this addition. It is really cool seeing so many different teams crack the top 100.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
I have access to the data and dont find it demoralizing (then again, I dont get death threats like Carrie used to) I know things are going well (not just making money, other things too), plus I play the game every day and I know what the intent is behind these changes ... so when I see a segment of the fanbase have this kind of reaction I know where its coming from but I also have the benefit of a broader perspective.

I'm glad you don't get death threats. And that you have hope for the future. I wish I shared that.

I just saw that last month was a hit for you guys financially. Ugh. I fear that means more of this (ie: Relics, G13, things that make existing content more expensive) and less new, actual content (ie: characters, ships, Raids). Does your data also show how many people uninstalled the game, left Guilds, haven't logged on since the launch of Relics, stopped spending, decreased time in-game, etc... because I'd really be interested in that?

On a personal note, Relics effectively killed our Guild. We were progressing on the Geonosis TB, were getting close to completing our first HSTR and were doing well. Then Relics launched and we lost so many Guild members, we had to revert back to Hoth TB and can't even Sim the Rancor Raid anymore. At this rate, Darth Traya is never happening. Also, I barely even try anymore. I log on once a day to collect my dailies—if that—and the rest just feels like a chore now. It's completely demoralizing to lose so much progress as a Guild in one month that it feels like we're starting over. We didn't even have 25 people sign up for the last TW... people just aren't logging on anymore and our in-game and Discord chats are showing signs that people are sad and ready to throw in the towel. We used to have 45+ regulars... now... we're on the brink of disbanding.

Speaking of which... any Guilds here want to combine? We have like 10 open slots. Maybe more. I don't feel like checking right now. The game is depressing.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
I am loving relics now. It took me a little bit to come around on them but I used to struggle like crazy to stay top 100 in arena but now it is a breeze. So many people have reliced different teams I can always find someone ahead of me that I can beat and my team seems to hold better on defense. The variety has reached the point where people will use lesser teams just because they like them better which is great. A while ago the top 100 in my arena shard were all DR teams but 3 or 4. Now it is closer to 50%. I see tons of Padme's, and Shaak Ti's. I am loving it. I wont get General Skywalker the first time but I am so excited for his event, it seems like it is exactly what this game needs.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My biggest problem with Relics is what they are doing to the playerbase, especially our guild, as DarthSmurf pointed out...
We were so close to finally doing HSTR and now justcut in half from the goal...

Should we get active on Reddit to try and merge with any other guilds that were maybe impacted?

XaviConcept

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad you don't get death threats. And that you have hope for the future. I wish I shared that.

I just saw that last month was a hit for you guys financially. Ugh. I fear that means more of this (ie: Relics, G13, things that make existing content more expensive) and less new, actual content (ie: characters, ships, Raids). Does your data also show how many people uninstalled the game, left Guilds, haven't logged on since the launch of Relics, stopped spending, decreased time in-game, etc... because I'd really be interested in that?

On a personal note, Relics effectively killed our Guild. We were progressing on the Geonosis TB, were getting close to completing our first HSTR and were doing well. Then Relics launched and we lost so many Guild members, we had to revert back to Hoth TB and can't even Sim the Rancor Raid anymore. At this rate, Darth Traya is never happening. Also, I barely even try anymore. I log on once a day to collect my dailies—if that—and the rest just feels like a chore now. It's completely demoralizing to lose so much progress as a Guild in one month that it feels like we're starting over. We didn't even have 25 people sign up for the last TW... people just aren't logging on anymore and our in-game and Discord chats are showing signs that people are sad and ready to throw in the towel. We used to have 45+ regulars... now... we're on the brink of disbanding.

Speaking of which... any Guilds here want to combine? We have like 10 open slots. Maybe more. I don't feel like checking right now. The game is depressing.

We have plenty of data and yeah, the numbers are healthy but I wont disclose the specifics. Your experience is circumstantial but still valid. I do believe Relics were a good move and have made the game better and more future proof, hell they make HSTR and Geo TB a lot easier, which Im personally excited for re: my personal account.

More content is coming, this stuff needs to get made, Lightside TB is next and its not the copy/paste job a section of the community believes it to be.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
We have plenty of data and yeah, the numbers are healthy but I wont disclose the specifics. Your experience is circumstantial but still valid. I do believe Relics were a good move and have made the game better and more future proof, hell they make HSTR and Geo TB a lot easier, which Im personally excited for re: my personal account.

More content is coming, this stuff needs to get made, Lightside TB is next and its not the copy/paste job a section of the community believes it to be.

I hope so. I hate feeling like the best content is reserved for those with awesome Guilds and with every update our Guild takes 7 steps backwards. I'm giving the game until Rise of Skywalker to convince me to stay. If the content is lackluster, I'm handing over my Guild leadership to the person who gives me the best compliment and moving over to Garbage Pail Kids: The Game full-time.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
I am so excited to have negotiator soon and I also finally have my bugs ready for the wat mission. I already have like 5 shards for him but hopefully that will go up a lot next geo tb.