• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheLastYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting married next week, I've always loved the throne room theme and wifey is giving me free pass on selecting the entrance music for our reception party... what y'all think? Too nerdy? It's for an outdoor reception:

Star Wars - The Throne Room [New Version] - YouTube

Star Wars: The Throne Room and Main Theme | EPIC VERSION (May 4th Special) - YouTube

The other option is September by Earth, Wind and Fire, we love the song and it's September... any other suggestions? Thinking hip-hop or any other video game/movie tunes I'm missing?

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Go for it! My friend marched out to the Darth Vader theme at his wedding.

chidrock

Oct 26, 2017
We used the throne room song for our exit from the ceremony. I thought it was a pretty cool way to have everyone leave the ceremony without it being an over-the-top in your face situation. Plus it was fun to see who recognized it/mentioned it after the fact.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I have to admit the first thing that popped into my head was the Imperial March. I'd be okay with that.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I jokingly sent this to my fiancee while we were brainstorming wedding songs.

She had a good laugh. 2 minutes later, she slowly looks at me and is like "Yeahhh... But... what ifff...?" So... I may have accidentally swayed her on this joke, and I both hate/love how stupid it would be.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston

youtu.be

No Children

Provided to YouTube by Beggars Group Digital Ltd.No Children · The Mountain GoatsTallahassee℗ 2002 4AD LtdReleased on: 2003-01-27Associated Performer: John ...

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
The string quartet at our wedding snuck in a few measures of the Imperial March when my wife began walking the aisle. This was all done at my behest between myself and the musicians. My wife knows I am a giant nerd and was amused.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Play the cantina theme, instead. That would be a better song for a party.

FnordChan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Beautiful Chapel Hill, NC
Go for it. We exited to the throne room/end credits music from A New Hope and had a member of the wedding party put replicas of the medals Leia gives Luke and Han put on us before we marched out. It was great and folks seemed to either dig it or, at worst, be benignly confused.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Yes but your wife has to be able to pull off the same energy that Leia has in that scene

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Go for it. We exited to the throne room/end credits music from A New Hope and had a member of the wedding party put replicas of the medals Leia gives Luke and Han put on us before we marched out. It was great and folks seemed to either dig it or, at worst, be benignly confused.

Was there a large, hairy guy there that you could ignore when you got your medals?

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm getting married next week, I've always loved the throne room theme and wifey is giving me free pass on selecting the entrance music for our reception party... what y'all think? Too nerdy? It's for an outdoor reception:

Star Wars - The Throne Room [New Version] - YouTube

Star Wars: The Throne Room and Main Theme | EPIC VERSION (May 4th Special) - YouTube

The other option is September by Earth, Wind and Fire, we love the song and it's September... any other suggestions? Thinking hip-hop or any other video game/movie tunes I'm missing?
For our wedding we used that for our walk out music once we were married and everything was signed and stuff. Its very much a victory song in my mind so it didn't seem fitting for entrance music imho

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
your wedding, do what ever you want.

just be aware that most people will think its weird/cringey; which really shouldn't madder since its your wedding and not theirs.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
It's not even for the wedding, but for the reception. Go for it! The reception is the time to let yourselves hang loose - the important bit is over, and you can just chill with your new partner.

Heck, I was best man at a wedding where we entered the reception grooving to a rendition of the Crash Bandicoot theme. (I think it was this one.)

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
giphy.gif