• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
She absolutely looks the part and I love what they've done with Mando overall so far, so I'll trust them.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rosario Dawson is about the right age, too. Ahsoka was in her early to mid 40s after the Empire fell.

I wonder if this means The Mandalorian is going to get its first lightsaber battle. Ahsoka vs Gideon would be pretty epic, especially if he shows up in TCW (which he should, right?) and they interact.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My guess?

A flashback to the siege of Mandalore.

Expect Park to return as Maul too

Rosario is twenty years older than Ahsoka is supposed to be during the siege of Mandalore, and I'm not sure what the point of a flashback to that would be when we're about to see it in animated form.

Rosario Dawson is about the right age, too. Ahsoka was in her early to mid 40s after the Empire fell.

I wonder if this means The Mandalorian is going to get its first lightsaber battle. Ahsoka vs Gideon would be pretty epic, especially if he shows up in TCW (which he should, right?) and they interact.

On the one hand, I would love to see Ahsoka fight Gideon (white sabers vs darksaber), but on the other hand, it would stretch credibility a bit if Gideon was somehow able to hold his own against Ahsoka, who has successfully fought far more dangerous enemies like Grievous, Maul, and Vader.

But if the scene was cool enough, I wouldn't care.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

I would think a 25-year experienced Jedi shouldn't struggle too much with a regular imperial guy.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Now put her in too you cowards

a174fdc357e4bdf91cbc036189904a12.jpg
I wonder who they'd cast for her.

You know, what's Claudia Kim up to these days...
thumbbig-974531.jpg

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, I would love to see Ahsoka fight Gideon (white sabers vs darksaber), but on the other hand, it would stretch credibility a bit if Gideon was somehow able to hold his own against Ahsoka, who has successfully fought far more dangerous enemies like Grievous, Maul, and Vader.

But if the scene was cool enough, I wouldn't care.

I would think a 25-year experienced Jedi shouldn't struggle too much with a regular imperial guy.

There can still be a fight. It just wouldn't be a very long one. 🤣

Think Obi-Wan vs Maul in Rebels. Gideon could think he has a shot and she cuts him down in a single strike.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
We're three pages in and have only 2, 3 posters showing concern about this casting of an alleged transphobe and assaulter. Great showing Star Wars Era.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're three pages in and have only 2, 3 posters showing concern about this casting of an alleged transphobe and assaulter. Great showing Star Wars Era.

We've expressed concern. What else are we supposed to do?

In any case, the allegations first emerged in October 2019, the same time they were filming Mando season 2. So they didn't even have time to course correct even if they wanted to.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
We've expressed concern. What else are we supposed to do?

In any case, the allegations first emerged in October 2019, the same time they were filming Mando season 2. So they didn't even have time to course correct even if they wanted to.

You were the first to show concern, so you're good. I expect as much from other posters.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I don't know how to feel! Ahsoka is my favorite character. Her being in The Mandalorian is curious. I want to know where Sabine is though.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Muh orange baby.

Great casting. Dawson was great in the entire Defenders saga on Netflix. She´s great for action on TV.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Can we at least have a Sam Witwer/Ray Park situation where Ashley Eckstein is still providing the voice?

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Never underestimate the good that the fandom can do sometimes. They wanted her as Tano, word got to her, she pushed for it, and now it's HAPPENING.

Miracle Ache

Oct 25, 2017
www.nbcnews.com

Rosario Dawson and her family sued over alleged transphobic assault

The actor and girlfriend of presidential candidate Cory Booker allegedly attacked a transgender employee in Los Angeles, the lawsuit claims.

Her lawyer calls it baseless, of course. But I haven't seen jack about this since, nor do I see anyone really talk about it unfortunately.

Awful. So many actresses they could've cast and they had to go with the one who's accused of beating a trans man.