• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Not really sure what the Knights of Ren can do without development other than to be cut down in their initial fight like Snoke's guards or Phasma.

Prattle

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Antagonizing other members
It was poking fun at him overanalyzing.

But please, tell me more about people like me?

They're pedantic know it alls who have a unstoppable compulsion to post when people hold other opinions, or these days the compulsion to post if they see someone formulating what could be a future opposing opinion by 'poking fun'. They create a low level of toxicity around the place like a fragrant fart.

Prattle

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Z7HeRxU.png
Reminds me when star wars theory said Mace Windu is Snoke because Kylo Ren does the same move he does. Star wars fandom is soooooo fucking insane sometimes. They look into things far too much.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
They're pedantic know it alls who have a unstoppable compulsion to post when people hold other opinions, or these days the compulsion to post if they see someone formulating what could be a future opposing opinion by 'poking fun'. They create a low level of toxicity around the place like a fragrant fart.
And you got all of this from "this is why we can't have nice things"?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was never any indication that any member of the Knights of Ren, outside of Kylo, was a force sensitive.

They were definitely Jedi-in-training. Luke mentions in The Last Jedi that he had about a dozen students in total and Ben took a "handful" of Luke's students with him and killed the rest.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
kCI7Vwq.jpg

I swear this is the same kind of clothing as the Knights of Ren. The leaked poster we weren't meant to see even shows them wielding pretty archaic weapons, so an axe isn't out of the question. Maybe the Knights of Ren have their own followers now or is Ben actually fighting his former comrades?
How is it this question has been raised and this thread has gone almost 100 pages and no one has linked a Knights of Ren pic for comparison? Come on Nerds.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
But did they all work on their badass dark side outfits in secret while Luke was busy getting blue milk? Like the vision has them all in gear already, with all of them having non-Jedi weapons in hand. Maybe I need to read more non-movie material but what is the timeline on them going on the Jedi temple massacre?
Was Kylo and them? basically running away for a few years, then coming back all dressed and trained up in different weaponry and then did the deed?
That scene is edited in a way that tricks you into thinking those two things happened at the same time but are actually two completely different things.

The scene is edited like this

1. Rey touches the lightsaber
2. This fades into cloud city which then leads us into
3. Luke mourning with R2 at the night of the massacre which then leads us into
4. Someone being killed by Kylo with the Knights of Ren behind him which then leads us into
5. Rey being left on Jakku which then leads us to
6. Rey on Starkiller's forest which then leads us to
7. Back to the present

I always thought that scene was the massacre as well but it was only after I watched TLJ did I realize it was not possible because it breaks the whole internal logic of how that scene is edited. Each location fades into the next one, so it wouldn't make sense for one to fade into itself.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
How is it this question has been raised and this thread has gone almost 100 pages and no one has linked a Knights of Ren pic for comparison? Come on Nerds.
I saw someone say it was a Knights of Ren on Twitter so I instantly brought up the concept art of all of them:

OAazEcl.jpg

It's not any of the Rens we've seen, also, you can see another guy that's dressed exactly like the guy Kylo kills.

0sk2vHA.jpg

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
It would be cool if there were more aliens in the main cast In Star Wars, maybe like Guardians of the Galaxy. Its kind of pathetic that the only one with any screen time seems to be Chewbacca who is just kind of there.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw someone say it was a Knights of Ren on Twitter so I instantly brought up the concept art of all of them:

OAazEcl.jpg

It's not any of the Rens we've seen, also, you can see another guy that's dressed exactly like the guy Kylo kills.

0sk2vHA.jpg
Also the dude that gets killed looks like he's got big, thick, possibly furry hands. The KoR are all non beast like as far as we know.

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
How do we know this takes place on Endor? From the dish alone?

The Dish (there is just no way that thing travelled to anywhere else being in orbit when it blew up), Palpatine cackle and there is a forest battle with what looks like to be either some serious grown up version of Ewoks wielding primitive axes (or the Knights of Ren or a JJ rejigged version of the Knights with them being from where Palpatine's presence is lingering which would be Endor).
And to be honest there is even a small ROTJ sail barge type craft chased by speeder bikes in the desert scenes of the teaser and JJ being JJ "remix" Abrams, he would not be able to resist revisting this ROTJ location for his trilogy ending movie. There was also concept art for a sunken throne room remnant for TFA so they are ressurecting that possibly.

It would make sense for Kylo's arc to be honest. It is the site where his idol died after all. The images for Endor from orbit show a lot of water as well, so JJ has a bit of leeway to show another side of Endor that is more shore and mountains if he wanted to.

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The real question here is:

How much ham are we getting from Ian McDiarmid? Slight, mostly evil in ROTJ? Or full blow Exorcist crossed with The Room like we got in PT?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

How much ham are we getting from Ian McDiarmid? Slight, mostly evil in ROTJ? Or full blow Exorcist crossed with The Room like we got in PT?

I don't think Ian knows the definition of the word "subtle" anymore. He may have known it once, but he cast it away in the pursuit of UNLIMITED POWER.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Ian knows the definition of the word "subtle" anymore. He may have known it once, but he cast it away in the pursuit of UNLIMITED POWER.

To devour scenery is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together I know we can discover the secret.

Serious answer: McDiarmid reprised his role as Palpatine in the Rebels series finale last year and his acting was subtle and in line with the OT.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Dish (there is just no way that thing travelled to anywhere else being in orbit when it blew up), Palpatine cackle and there is a forest battle with what looks like to be either some serious grown up version of Ewoks wielding primitive axes (or the Knights of Ren or a JJ rejigged version of the Knights with them being from where Palpatine's presence is lingering which would be Endor).
And to be honest there is even a small ROTJ sail barge type craft chased by speeder bikes in the desert scenes of the teaser and JJ being JJ "remix" Abrams, he would not be able to resist revisting this ROTJ location for his trilogy ending movie. There was also concept art for a sunken throne room remnant for TFA so they are ressurecting that possibly.

It would make sense for Kylo's arc to be honest. It is the site where his idol died after all. The images for Endor from orbit show a lot of water as well, so JJ has a bit of leeway to show another side of Endor that is more shore and mountains if he wanted to.
I mean, there's really only two places it could be, and TFA has concept art of Kira exploring a submerged Death Star II. It's Endor.
I thought it would be Endor also. Just wondering what other clues pointed to it. Thx guys

Oct 28, 2017
To devour scenery is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together I know we can discover the secret.

Serious answer: McDiarmid reprised his role as Palpatine in the Rebels series finale last year and his acting was subtle and in line with the OT.

Never seen this clip before until now. Pretty well done. That's a scenario I can totally see Rey being put through

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
The one thing no one has to worry about in a JJ joint is acting. He gels with his casts really well, and McDiarmid is truly a good stage actor.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to wonder if the Death Star we see is actually the first rather then the second, which would place it on Yavin IV rather than Endor. The wooded still photos we saw could really be either moon. There's no reason to assume the cackle automatically means it's the DSII since trailers can be cut to misdirect.

But it's probably DSII since it's likely based on the TFA concept art.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017

I mean, Palpatine at this point in time should be the most powerful Force user anyone has ever seen. He was immensely powerful decades ago and made Yoda quit. Now that he's had even more time to grow stronger I'm expecting to see some pretty crazy stuff.

I expect to see him represented in a more subdued way as in ROTJ. But more powerful than anything we've seen.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Palpatine at this point in time should be the most powerful Force user anyone has ever seen. He was immensely powerful decades ago and made Yoda quit. Now that he's had even more time to grow stronger I'm expecting to see some pretty crazy stuff.
If he actually died and has returned from the dead, I bet he used his time in The Beyond to gather a shit ton of arcane knowledge from other Sith lords. Hoping we see some wild, mythical feeling force powers from him

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If he actually died and has returned from the dead, I bet he used his time in The Beyond to gather a shit ton of arcane knowledge from other Sith lords. Hoping we see some wild, mythical feeling force powers from him

Maybe he's dead but can still attack people with Force lightning. Yoda in TLJ was foreshadowing!!