• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Phasma shows up, does nothing and dies again.

I like the idea of Skywalker being a new Jedi sect or something and think that is what it will be. Luke isn't Rey's daddy and I don't see Kylo getting redeemed and then pull a dick move like taking his uncle's last name instead of the father he gutted like a fish.

Oct 25, 2017
I liked both TFA and TLJ. Weido, right.

RotS Revenge of the Sith, Rise of the Skywalkers. Guess that's maybe what referenced the prequels other than the obvious...

Nov 1, 2017
Title sucks so bad lol

And it's to be expected but still a little disappointing that they're going so hard in on fan service after TLJ had the GALL to not do that and turned everyone into whiny little babies. Trailer's pretty cool tho so I guess they got me.

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
such a shame Lucasfilm didn't have a stronger hand on the wheel here

it's clear an all JJ trilogy would have been much better, as opposed to him scrambling to pick up the pieces

TLJ wasn't the worst movie ever made, but when people are introduced to the ST a couple of decades from now I think it'll definitely be the odd man out of the trilogy/the franchise as a whole.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
think all the people saying that Rey dissolves the Jedi and starts a new order called the Skywalkers to honor the legacy of Luke/Leia are right on the money. in which case, just going with "Rise of the Skywalkers" would've been a better sounding name but ah well

anyway I'm just sure to see my favs Rey, Finn, and Poe do their thing. love that they're going on a big adventure together

Rise of the Skywalkers sounds better but it's also the same acronym as Revenge of the Sith

The Rise of Skywalker just sounds bad

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
They should have just used George's ideas in the first place...he was never a bad director or storyteller he just had waaay to much freedom and no one to call him out on legitimately dumn ideas with the prequels whereas he was constrained by technology in the OT and also mentors who could tell him NO.

Anyways it seems like TLJ was more or less in tune with his concepts and some of the stuff in this trailer is too apparently.

Despite quotes to the contrary, it actually appears that the movies have still followed from his ideas. When he sold Lucasfilm to Disney, Episode VII was about a young, mechanically-inclined woman with Force abilities being caught up in a galaxy spanning conflict. She goes to find Luke Skywalker, who was shattered by something that happened at his Jedi school and went into exile. She has to coax him into training her. Meanwhile, the son of Han Solo falls to the dark side and becomes the main antagonist. That's all from George. Heck, as I posted earlier, there was concept art done very early on that depicted the young woman visiting the remains of the second Death Star. Lucasfilm and/or the filmmakers can claim they threw out George's outline, but really they just developed the films normally from them.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Becoming a force ghost is about becoming so at peace that you just merge into the force, right? That's why Anakin got to go? Maybe Palpatine had already done that. Before Vader threw him down the hold he didn't seem too concerned that Luke was gonna kill him. If he can build kids with the force he could probably figure it out

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
landscape-1541773966-luke-skywalker-no-gif.gif

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Oct 25, 2017
The title sounds weird. Though that's not what'll decided the quality of the movie.

From that short teaser, I'm intrigued. I've liked both reboots and I hope this final part is good.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
If they rename jedi 'skywalkers' wouldn't the title need the plural in it too? Or if it was just about 'a' skywalker, wouldn't it need to be called 'Rise of the Skywalker?

Just saying. The Last Jedi made sense as meaning 'the last of the jedi' or as 'the very last individual jedi'. This only makes sense if Skywalker is a character's name.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Opens Era

Sees thread for trailer

Can't believe it, so excited, hurries to plug in headphones

Watches trailer, emotion welling as the music crescendos, tearing up when Rey embraces Leia

Pure joy, despite the faults, Star Wars is back, the potential is there

Goes back to Era

"Shit"

"Awful"

"Fucking hack"

Sigh-gif.gif
Don't ever let the internet influence your opinions of Star Wars my person

It's all good

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Why is this so damn contentious.

I loved TFA, loved TLJ, and I think this looks great.

Am I some sort of rare unicorn for just liking Star Wars and not screaming when my personal theories aren't confirmed?

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm irked at the implication they're disregarding Rian's great idea that not every lead in these films has to be related to a "famous family".

I hope they don't.

The thing is that this is the Skywalker saga. They can do whatever they want in other trilogies (like the one Rian is doing next), but these three movies should be about closing what was started in 1977. It should be about the Skywalkers. And then that's done. But trying to say goodbye to that already in Ep 8 was a really bad idea.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
They was TLJ messed up it's execut was in part that it was placed as a bridge entry in a trilogy, not as finale statement to a grand narrative.

The TLJ feels like the first of a trilogy... that they made it the bridge between these two JJ movies, it's going to be jarring watching the entire trilogy it feels.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
When did everyone start calling him "Sheev" as opposed to "Palpatine" or "the Emperor"? Did I miss a memo?

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
... did they really use "Rise"in a movie title?

Ah who I'm kidding, I'm going to watch it. The music is awesome.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This trailer is pure fucking hype. Can't wait to get home and watch it/listen on headphones

REY IS BACK

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
Rey still with a single lightsaber...ugh! She's carried a staff around for all of 7 and 8. Why can't you give her a dual staff lightsaber (like Maul). Think of how cool it would be and the merchandising!!!

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the film will do very well, JJ was always going to go for the crowd pleaser type of ending. Some people will get upset, but whatever.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This thread is so incredibly negative that based off of less than 2 minutes of footage people have written off an entire movie.
Worse yet I see so much speculation and theorizing as if people know exactly what will happen and are basing their opinions of this movie off of that.
Seriously the worst.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Really like the trailer + the title doesn't bother me. I'm sure it's more symbolic than anything (ppl are honestly trying to bring back the Rey Skywalker thing... stop). Much like TFA and TLJ titles took on new meaning when the actual film was out due to events we didn't know about yet.

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
I dislike JJ's movies and his take on Star Wars. Having that said, seeing people get salty at the TLJ retcon:
download.jpg