• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
It's like you guys have never made the connection that great art can't save fucked up direction. Look at this!!!!

Doug_Chiang_The_Phantom_Menace.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

C4A.jpg

DC05.jpg

Doug+Chiang+-+The+Phantom+Menace.jpg

THIS SHIT IS BEAUTIFUL

All those are in the film and look great in it.
Wish Finn had gotten this sweet jacket.

nefwwn1_dyfkb8.jpg

qmhxvjl_deojz0.jpg

Damn that is a nice looking set. At least he wasn't wearing whatever the fuck that was in TLJ lol

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Wish we had gotten a real, meaningful plotline of Rey struggling with the Dark Side. They hinted at it in the previous two movies, but it felt like there was no payoff for it in Ep. 9.

Oct 25, 2017
af0IhxA.png

Leia had a pink lightsaber
Neat
They shoulda gone for it
Not traditional but neither was Mace and that was fine, and little kids woulda gone nuts for it
In fact even not-little adults woulda gone nuts over it
Maybe pink is a little cliche but honestly it's fun and unique in this context since that color doesnt exist yet in canon afaik so why not, give the princess whatever color she wants
I know my lady woulda lost it and obsessed over it (positively)

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I like that the lightsaber-fencing protective gear was one of the few things that made it over from this concept art. I mean, honestly, what good is that mask gonna do if you happen to get nailed in the face by a wayward lightsaber?

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
EOel4ucVUAAOE4a.jpg:large

We coulda had sad kylo memes :(

This is killing me. Supreme Leader Kylo Ren all alone, quietly contemplating the nature of his power and whether it was all worth it, lying to himself that he's satisfied now that he has it. The movie desperately needed something like this. Imagine what we could have had if the map to Exegol required even one fewer planet hop.

KILLING ME.

Dec 31, 2017
This is killing me. Supreme Leader Kylo Ren all alone, quietly contemplating the nature of his power and whether it was all worth it, lying to himself that he's satisfied now that he has it. The movie desperately needed something like this. Imagine what we could have had if the map to Exegol required even one fewer planet hop.

KILLING ME.

Damn it really is a shame how much potential they squandered by not have a character driven movie in the end.

If it focused on building Kylo + Rey force connection instead of the fetch quests to Palpatine it could have been something special. Shame.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018

KILLING ME.
It almost writes itself.
The audience doesn't see kylo as a scary Vader big bad, so have him fail at it. Finn gets stuff to do with defecting stormtroopers. Hux betrayal due to arguements with Kylo. If you take everything from kylo you can possibly do a "right the wrongs" redemption.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
It almost writes itself.
The audience doesn't see kylo as a scary Vader big bad, so have him fail at it. Finn gets stuff to do with defecting stormtroopers. Hux betrayal due to arguements with Kylo. If you take everything from kylo you can possibly do a "right the wrongs" redemption.

"The greatest teacher, failure is."

(Quote from some unrelated movie)

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of this art serves as a reminder, at least for me, of how cool a Supreme Leader Kylo Ren could have been as a main bad guy after the events of TLJ.

I wanted it so bad, and I feel like we got robbed of it.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
This is killing me. Supreme Leader Kylo Ren all alone, quietly contemplating the nature of his power and whether it was all worth it, lying to himself that he's satisfied now that he has it. The movie desperately needed something like this.
I wouldn't have minded that but we did already have a moment like this

tumblr_pj8onlfJoa1vgwk4v_540.gif

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017

This legit kills me. I was so excited to see what he'd be like after his arc in TLJ. Just this chaotic force that had lost everything except for his military might. A completely different beast from Vader or Palpatine entirely.

But no. We get Palps again. And 45 minutes at the end of the movie where Adam Driver literally has no lines.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, this shot in the D23 trailer looked totally different in the final movie. Was this from a version with the eclipse instead of the lightning storm by Exogol?

gm4os9pmccbnliflq2g2.gif

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, this shot in the D23 trailer looked totally different in the final movie. Was this from a version with the eclipse instead of the lightning storm by Exogol?

gm4os9pmccbnliflq2g2.gif
Someone hypothesized it may have been a reshoots issue. The easiest way to hide the reshoots was to drastically change the atmosphere of Exogol to being all dark and lightning filled.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
"instead of finding a way to get to Exegol, Kylo Ren went on his spaceship to a devastated, ash-filled Corusant. The giant wolves are infested, and when we arrive at the neglected Jedi Temple, Kylo takes the central elevator to the bottom of the temple."

I don't really like the idea of Coruscant being so devastated, and sounds like this scene was basically converted to the Exogol opening.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't have minded that but we did already have a moment like this

tumblr_pj8onlfJoa1vgwk4v_540.gif

I feel like if JJ intended to rely on this shot as Kylo's lowest moment, then Kylo's redemption arc needed to start from minute one of TROS. You can't have him hit rock bottom, then kind of just slide right back to his characterization from well before rock bottom for the next hour of screen time, then still pull off the redemption and have it feel earned.

I honestly don't know what the intent is with Kylo's characterization in TROS, especially now that we've seen so much early concept art of Kylo simply staying evil and being killed at the end, both from Trevorrow's and JJ's versions of the movie. It really feels like they actually filmed a significant portion of that original villain Kylo movie, and then the decision to go with Palpatine and Rendemption came so late that they ended up having to find the material for a redemption arc amongst all the evil Kylo scenes they'd already shot because there just wasn't enough time to start over.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I know this made it into the movie, but I love the Anakin influence.

W9K3MR5.jpg

I hope this imagery of the Falcon by a waterfall had made it in.

IzQtqlN.jpg