• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you believe The Leak or not

• It's true all of it.

Votes: 834 79.4%
  • Noooo! That's not true That's impossible!

Votes: 217 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDKilljoy

Managing Editor at BunnyGaming
Verified
Oct 3, 2018
Malaysia
I think the biggest problem for me was how dumb palpatines plan was. They literally had what I'm assuming to be hundreds of planet killing star destroyers and he decides to just keep them on planet and announce he is back.

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like most people would've been fine with that if they didn't bill TFA as Episode 7 and as a continuation of the Skywalker Saga. It's a weird turn to use a nobody when it's supposed to be a family saga and the past two were Skywalkers. Using a Palpatine is worse though. What was JJ smoking?

a team of nobodies against a skywalker seems like a pretty good conclusion to me. Abrams absolutely shat the bed with this, christ.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the biggest problem for me was how dumb palpatines plan was. They literally had what I'm assuming to be hundreds of planet killing star destroyers and he decides to just keep them on planet and announce he is back.

Didn't even think about this... had he not broadcast his plan... he'd have been invincible.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If force ghosts can so heavily influence the physical world why doesn't all Jedi get murdered at the end of their training so they can return as ghosts and not be afraid to die?

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
a team of nobodies against a skywalker seems like a pretty good conclusion to me. Abrams absolutely shat the bed with this, christ.

I mean I'm against a Skywalker villain especially if there's no accompanying Skywalker protagonist. At that point, you're making a case that the Skywalkers are an evil family that are more work for the galaxy than they're worth.

Not sure if that's what JJ wanted me to think but they're the Uchihas/Targaryens of this universe now.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
If force ghosts can so heavily influence the physical world why doesn't all Jedi get murdered at the end of their training so they can return as ghosts and not be afraid to die?

To be fair, only Qui Gonn learned this and passed the trick onto Yoda and Obi Wan.

And Anakin, Leia and Luke learned it somehow because idk they're the Force Jesus family or something

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Wasn't it confirmed ages ago that palpatine was always ugly and was just revealing his true self when "fighting" mace windu in ROTS, because if so that makes his melting scene in the new movie even more idiotic.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
There is a single shot of one in the finale and it seems they're more aggressive than regular soldiers... the scene lasts maybe 5 seconds, then they are just treated as regular stormtroopers, i'm not joking.

They already have death troopers so wtf was even the point? Oh yeah, toys. :|

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
Just got out of the cinema. It's entertaining but...

To build a secret Empire in the shadows of the galaxy, clone a bunch of creature people called Snoke, use it to control the actual Empire that was already forming, seduce Ben to the Dark Side using one of your puppets so that many years later he can recruit your granddaughter - then compel him to kill your granddaughter, only for him to refuse and kill your clone puppet - but it's OK because you placed wayfinders all over the galaxy for him to find, so you rely on him to find them and come find you and when he does, you then tell him to leave and come back with Rey, so he does, and now your granddaughter, who you wanted dead before, can finally kill you to take over the combined secret Empire and real Empire, but she refuses, so you suck the life force energy from her to come back 100% and then try to kill her for real this time, all while killing Ben who you never really needed to begin with.

Jesus what a fucking mess

The opening crawl references Palpatine sending out a transmission revealing himself to galaxy and swearing revenge (a pretty important event, I'd say -- the old dictator that's been dead for 40 years publically announcing his resurrection and current scheme). This is not something we see in the movie, but in fact something that happened in the Fortnite promotion last week, shortly after Geoff Keighley and JJ Abrams got out of the Millenium Falcon, asked people to floss, and then had terrible banter about JJ's tight pants.

This is not ok either.

There are aspects I really liked. I liked that ultimately a Skywalker and a Palpatine joined forces and even found romance saving the galaxy. Adam Driver sold the shit out of his interaction with Han. Amazing moment... There are nice callbacks to other moments in this trilogy. I liked things like Rey scavenging the Death Star like she did the Star Destroyer in TFA. I liked bigger callbacks like Luke raising the X Wing as though it were nothing and giving a smile.

Too much of it is horrible though. It feels so focus tested in some ways but in other ways it's like nobody pushed back and said yo, this might be too much. Why so many wayfinders? One of them is crushed, another is burned, but it's ok.. why not just have one? Likewise when someone writes "thousands of planet killing star destroyers rise out of Exogol" - why not tone that down? If one of those things was bearing down on planet Earth right now btw but we know you could instakill it by shooting it's massive underbelly gun - I probably wouldn't be all that worried. If Emperor Glados has so many minions in his arena, and a Snoke cloning facility, why isn't that shit in use - why aren't his agents already sithing up the universe? It might have been a cool plot point to reveal that the Sith had abandoned the one master one apprentice philosophy...

I feel like aside from the old characters, Kylo Ren is the only character I actually liked. Others had potential but it's mostly squandered imo. Finn definitely had a nicer part than in TLJ though. I actually really liked 3POs role and dialogue too. It was fun. The Leia stuff was very nicely done.

I feel kind of tired after watching it. Like it was just too much. And aside from Passana it's a very muted film. There are definitely moments of colour and over the top action, but if I think of one colour that defined the movie it's probably some kind of bluey grey. Dark.

I probably need to see it again to form a proper opinion but at the moment I have no desire to. I'm not sure it was bad per se, I think I was quite entertained, but I don't feel that NEED to see it again which I've felt for a lot of the others. I feel like Disney have dropped the ball overall. Its not bad, I just feel it could have been much better planned, it could have been much better.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
17so9r6vai541.jpg

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
To build a secret Empire in the shadows of the galaxy, clone a bunch of creature people called Snoke, use it to control the actual Empire that was already forming, seduce Ben to the Dark Side using one of your puppets so that many years later he can recruit your granddaughter - then compel him to kill your granddaughter, only for him to refuse and kill your clone puppet - but it's OK because you placed wayfinders all over the galaxy for him to find, so you rely on him to find them and come find you and when he does, you then tell him to leave and come back with Rey, so he does, and now your granddaughter, who you wanted dead before, can finally kill you to take over the combined secret Empire and real Empire, but she refuses, so you suck the life force energy from her to come back 100% and then try to kill her for real this time, all while killing Ben who you never really needed to begin with.
All of that just because Darth Sidious didn't want to raise his granddaughter on his own.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Just got out of the cinema. It's entertaining but...

Jesus what a fucking mess

This is not ok either.

There are aspects I really liked. I liked that ultimately a Skywalker and a Palpatine joined forces and even found romance saving the galaxy. Adam Driver sold the shit out of his interaction with Han. Amazing moment... There are nice callbacks to other moments in this trilogy. I liked things like Rey scavenging the Death Star like she did the Star Destroyer in TFA. I liked bigger callbacks like Luke raising the X Wing as though it were nothing and giving a smile.

Too much of it is horrible though. It feels so focus tested in some ways but in other ways it's like nobody pushed back and said yo, this might be too much. Why so many wayfinders? One of them is crushed, another is burned, but it's ok.. why not just have one? Likewise when someone writes "thousands of planet killing star destroyers rise out of Exogol" - why not tone that down? If one of those things was bearing down on planet Earth right now btw but we know you could instakill it by shooting it's massive underbelly gun - I probably wouldn't be all that worried. If Emperor Glados has so many minions in his arena, and a Snoke cloning facility, why isn't that shit in use - why aren't his agents already sithing up the universe? It might have been a cool plot point to reveal that the Sith had abandoned the one master one apprentice philosophy...

I feel like aside from the old characters, Kylo Ren is the only character I actually liked. Others had potential but it's mostly squandered imo. Finn definitely had a nicer part than in TLJ though. I actually really liked 3POs role and dialogue too. It was fun. The Leia stuff was very nicely done.

I feel kind of tired after watching it. Like it was just too much. And aside from Passana it's a very muted film. There are definitely moments of colour and over the top action, but if I think of one colour that defined the movie it's probably some kind of bluey grey. Dark.

I probably need to see it again to form a proper opinion but at the moment I have no desire to. I'm not sure it was bad per se, I think I was quite entertained, but I don't feel that NEED to see it again which I've felt for a lot of the others. I feel like Disney have dropped the ball overall. Its not bad, I just feel it could have been much better planned, it could have been much better.

Ben should've lived and started a path toward atonement in exile.

Rey and Sheev should've killed each other.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
I haven't seen the movie, but the galaxy-wide threat transmission by Darth Sidious isn't heard in the film, right? Which means that a crucial part of the plot is exclusive to Fortnite. What the fuck.

That would've been an excellent piece of worldbuilding. Show the state of the universe by having intertwined shots of the transmission being heard by different people/beings on different planets. But nah. What the fuck². Some really weird decisions.

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't seen the movie, but the galaxy-wide threat transmission by Darth Sidious isn't heard in the film, right? Which means that a crucial part of the plot is exclusive to Fortnite. What the fuck.

That would've been an excellent piece of worldbuilding. Show the state of the universe by having intertwined shots of the transmission being heard by different people/beings on different planets. But nah. What the fuck². Some really weird decisions.

It was mentioned in the text crawl. Which led me to go what the fuck probably too loudly. Not the best start.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I'm starting to think Terrio never revised the script past the first draft.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
It was mentioned in the text crawl. Which led me to go what the fuck probably too loudly. Not the best start.
Yeah, it's odd. I know it's mentioned in the text crawl, but it can be heard here. It's a good line, if a bit short -- why have it absent in the movie? It seems too important. The Emperor has been dead for 30~ years, returns out of the blue, and we are just told about it?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, Real Talk:

Turmoil has engulfed the Galactic Republic. The taxation of trade routes to outlying star system is in dispute.

vs

The Dead Speak!

Which is the shittier opening sentences in a SW title crawl???

alexiswrite

Oct 27, 2017
It's wild to watch this movie. So much of it is just a blatant reaction to fan complaints about the last Jedi. As a piece of pulp it's fine, just don't think too hard about it, however it's really jarring to go from a movie that really cares about characterisation and theme, to one that doesn't care at all about that stuff. Literally every character is more interesting in the previous film.

And I haven't heard anyone else mention this, but just visually TLJ is so much more striking than this.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Alright, Real Talk:

Turmoil has engulfed the Galactic Republic. The taxation of trade routes to outlying star system is in dispute.

vs

The Dead Speak!

Which is the shittier opening sentences in a SW title crawl???

Special shout out to Ep 3 for 'There are heroes on both sides. Evil is everywhere.'

Status
Not open for further replies.