• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you believe The Leak or not

• It's true all of it.

Votes: 834 79.4%
  • Noooo! That's not true That's impossible!

Votes: 217 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Reformulate your question, please.

E:
  • "How dare you unironically say it is awful?" - It's an opinion.
  • "A Fortnite reference? Really?" - Well, sort of. The crawl apparently describes an EP9 trailer scene which was officialy revealed "exclusively" in Fortnite. Once we see the movie we'll see if it's trailer-exclusive, and if it is, then describing this situation well in two words is hard; a "Fortnite reference" will do.

Last edited:

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017

People are paid millions for this.
3b2.gif

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
The kiss is also online.
Reylo cemented. Truly the most expensive fanfiction ever.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least he disappears into the Force so they can always bring him back, maybe do some contrived shit and find a way to bring Force Ghosts back to the physical world permanently.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
This shit is so god damn wack. I can believe Palpatine claiming he's all the Sith. That crazy fucker has earned that right. But in what way has Rey earned the right to say the same shit about representing all the Jedi? I really dislike this trilogy. None of this is earned or paid off.

Wasn't that the TLJ arc? All the knowledge Luke had was passed on to Rey.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
This shit is so god damn wack. I can believe Palpatine claiming he's all the Sith. That crazy fucker has earned that right. But in what way has Rey earned the right to say the same shit about representing all the Jedi? I really dislike this trilogy. None of this is earned or paid off.

It's Arya Stark killing the Night King all over again isn't it.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't that the TLJ arc? All the knowledge Luke had was passed on to Rey.
Sure it was but that doesn't mean it was successful there. I never bought that crap. But it's entirely different to say it out loud and claim it for yourself. It sounds dumb as hell.

This movie's problem and more largely this trilogy is the need to up the stakes and make the newest characters stronger in some fucking way than the last. What more anime way to do that shit than to claim you represent everything that came before you? To have your lineage tied to the greatest Sith of all time? For Palpatine himself to be shooting lightning out of his asshole now? Boooo this man

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes at that that Palpy clip

"I am all the Sith/Jedi" just really feels like a shitty attempt at copying Avengers Endgame's "I am inevitable/Iron Man". Which is fitting, because the entire marketing for this turkey always felt like it was trying to cash in on Endgame's success by labeling itself was the grand finale to the "Skywalker Saga".

It's just...ugh.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly after everything I'm just more deflated at this trilogy. From the bait and switch to the start, 2 resets of the galaxy, the return of Empire vs Rebels and now a hot garbage finale......

Please purge Lucasfilm of everyone involved with the trilogy and start anew. I think they're very close to running out of runway before it's too tainted.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Dudes, are you really watching random clips out of context as a proof this movie is awfull. Seriously? The hate boner for this trilogy is strong it seems.

The thing about this movie is I have no idea who it's supposed to appeal to?

Last Jedi fans openly despise this movie for being basically an apology.

But, uhhhhhhhhhh, Last Jedi anti-fans are gonna be REALLY mad about this one.

"My name is Rey Skywalker" is going to go down as without a doubt the most hated line in Star Wars history for people who dislike Last Jedi.
I'm a huge TLJ fan, and I liked TROS. There will be TLJ-fans that will be conflicted about it, but I think they'll make the same reasoning mistakes some TLJ critics do. They look at the lore, not at the story that is told with it.

I'm not sure yet if the Rey Palpatine was such a good choice and it does feel like a retcon of sorts, but it doesn't diminish the moment in TLJ which was a character moment first and foremost. It's what Rey doesn't want to hear, but needs to hear. And which puts her in a vulnerable place. It leads to the best 'join me' moment in the whole saga imo, where you can actually doubt what Rey will do.
The Palpatine reveal does this again in a way, it's a truth she needs to grow beyond. I'm kind of conflicted about it, because I like what it does with the character (even though the movie leaves to little room to breath, because it is so focussed on plot-plot-plot at times). So in the end I didn't take offence with the 'retcon' as much as I'd thought before (I hadn't read leaks, but there were those interview comments hinting to it)

The thing also is, this movie aknowledges TLJ over and over again. Sometimes in a joke (the saber throw gets a really good pay-off here), sometimes in story (Rey going to Ach-Too and Luke giving her the pep-talk (again not enough room to breathe, but it's there), the bond between Rey and Kylo, the Resistance being down to a few, ...). And it's hard to take offence with some throwaway lines like 'I made Snoke' by Palpatine. It's clearly there to quelm some criticism, but doesn't change a thing.

The problems I have with TROS are not really linked to it 'fixing' TLJ, because to me this movie felt like the end of a pretty coherent trilogy (only Palpatine returning could've used a better set-up. It comes a bit from nowhere now). My main issue with it is that it has so much uneccesairy plot, that characters have little room to breath. Poe and Finn have a lot of stuff to do, but there is very little story they live trough. They don't go trough a process of change like they did in TLJ (and Finn in TFA), there is no development for them left (or better: there is no time for it). Unlike TLJ it feels like this movie does have a side quest you could cut out of the movie easily (Going to find the droid hacker to unlock C-3PO's mind is fun, but in the end it is just another hurdle without consequences. Even the final battle feels to quickly played out

In the end, I think the movie does what it needs to do. TFA was a great set-up, TLJ was a great deepening and exploration of the main conflicts and TROS was an exciting resolution. And as a Star Wars fan I loved all the little winks and callbacks, and I had something in my eye at 'I'm Rey Skywalker'.

Status
Not open for further replies.