• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you believe The Leak or not

• It's true all of it.

Votes: 834 79.4%
  • Noooo! That's not true That's impossible!

Votes: 217 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
giphy.gif
Amazing how terribly trashy this sounds. I guess I could get drunk and watch this.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
And why is Rey the granddaughter. What about Sheev's son/daughter? They just have no part to play at all

Oct 27, 2017
Would have been smarter to just have had Palps say something like "Did you ever wonder who gave you the abilities you have? It is not a coincidence that you are before me now, girl." Just have it so that Sheev picked a random kid and guided her powers over time, much like Anakin (kind of).

Dec 2, 2017
And why is Rey the granddaughter. What about Sheev's son/daughter? They just have no part to play at all

You know, talent sometimes skips a generation and so on. Sheev probably created/conceived them in hopes to get someone like Anakin but they turned out to be a complete flop. Maybe they were the Muggle equivalent of the Star Wars universe?

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Can we all take a moment of silence and contemplate Sheev Palpatine having sex? Just 60 seconds is all I ask

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
I still think a really clever angle they could've used is Ben not knowing Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader were the same person. He'd have known Darth Vader was his grandfather and following in his footsteps would've been the driving force behind Ben's motivation to essentially rebel against his parents by becoming the thing they hated most - his grandfather.

Then the revelation that would've broken Ben's resolve and given him a reason to become good again would've been Anakin actually showing up to talk to his grandson, telling him of his fall to the dark side and how he ultimately rejected it for his son. Ben would have then looked into who Anakin Skywalker was and he'd be flooded with stories of the hero of the Clone Wars that the galaxy believes died when Order 66 was carried out.
How does this premise work when literally everyone in Ben's family would have told him that Anakin was Darth Vader?

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Yo mods, if this movie gets over 65 on RT I'll make my avatar JarJar forever
No matter how much this movie drops the ball on the lore, it's reasonable to expect it to stick the landing on cinematography, acting, effects, music, etc. It's going to be much like TFA where the moment-to-moment action and feels are excellent, with the structure of the world only falling apart if you sit there and think about it for too long. It's going to be carried on a competent execution.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know, talent sometimes skips a generation and so on. Sheev probably created/conceived them in hopes to get someone like Anakin but they turned out to be a complete flop. Maybe they were the Muggle equivalent of the Star Wars universe?

This is the only feasible answer. Sheev had a kid, which he would probably only do if he thought it would mean creating someone more powerful than Anakin (who lost too many midichlorians), but the Force pulled a prank on him and left his kid a squib. So the child fled and ended up having their own child later in life, Rey, who Sheev found out about and wanted to capture.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This trilogy has made me sick of this time period. Beyond whatever shows they have planned that are contained within the same years from the PT to ST, I hope the movies going forward explore a time far ahead or before this basura.

Hot Priest

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 11, 2019
No matter how much this movie drops the ball on the lore, it's reasonable to expect it to stick the landing on cinematography, acting, effects, music, etc. It's going to be much like TFA where the moment-to-moment action and feels are excellent, with the structure of the world only falling apart if you sit there and think about it for too long. It's going to be carried on a competent execution.

Exactly.

People here need to step away from the computer with "worse than the prequels" hot takes.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
This trilogy has made me sick of this time period. Beyond whatever shows they have planned that are contained within the same years from the PT to ST, I hope the movies going forward explore a time far ahead or before this basura.
I reckon they're going to go back, way back.

extended universe has been hammering home 'ancient sith' shit for yonks now, seems like the folk at Lucasfilm enjoy that area. I expect a KOTOR-like 'product' somewhere down the line.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017

The cinematogrphay and CGI effects have never been a problem with these movies. There's too much money being poured into them for that kind of stuff to not be up to par.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just realized out of the 9 movies there really is 3 good movies and 1 mega enjoyable movie. The OT and RoTS everything else is just basura.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I reckon they're going to go back, way back.

extended universe has been hammering home 'ancient sith' shit for yonks now, seems like the folk at Lucasfilm enjoy that area. I expect a KOTOR-like 'product' somewhere down the line.

And while that would be cool, these movies have done a lot of damage with my excitement regarding any type of Star Wars-related material that takes place before it. Everything feels more pointless because of how unsatisfying it is.
Can we all take a moment of silence and contemplate Sheev Palpatine having sex? Just 60 seconds is all I ask

I don't imagine Sheev fucking like a typical person. To me, he'd fuck just the way they do in Demolition Man.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The cinematogrphay and CGI effects have never been a problem with these movies. There's too much money being poured into them for that kind of stuff to not be up to par.

Money doesn't fix things if it is spent on a shit director and a shit cinematography team. See the Hobbit Trilogy.

Why is is called The Rise of Skywalker when no real Skywalkers are left at the end?

Because Rey is a Skywalker.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been rewatching ROTS clips and not even Ian McDiarmid can save his scenes, no matter how hard he's trying.

The "it's treason then" spin isn't even funny bad.
Episode 3 has a lot of great parts, but they're better in meme form than actually watching the movie. It's just so poorly shot that even the funny/interesting stuff just makes you sleepy.

Hot Priest

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 11, 2019

Budget doesn't mean the cinematography and cgi will be good. The prequels have trash cinematography outside of moments here and there.

Hot Priest

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 11, 2019
I've been rewatching ROTS clips and not even Ian McDiarmid can save his scenes, no matter how hard he's trying.

The "it's treason then" spin isn't even funny bad.

Yeah. The prequels are unwatchable. Atrocious acting, pacing, writing, and visuals. The action has no weight at all outside of the TPM Maul fight. The entire thing feels like a student film with expensive cgi.

The ST has none of these problems aside from debatable comparisons with the writing.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
This movie gave me the fucking amazing new soldiers of Battlefront 2. So I forgive you king.

Caphex Spy is my boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.