• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you believe The Leak or not

• It's true all of it.

Votes: 834 79.4%
  • Noooo! That's not true That's impossible!

Votes: 217 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Skywalker Saga

Episode 1-3: Anakin Skywalker

Episode 4-6: Luke Skywalker

Episode 7-9: Rey Skywalker

End of the Skywalker Saga.

Start of the Solo Saga

Episode X-XII: Sheev Solo, son of Ben Solo and Rey Skywalker.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Palpatine Saga

Episode 1-3: Sheev Palpatine

Episode 4-6: Sheev Palpatine

Episode 7-9: Rey "Sheeva" Palpatine

End of the Palpatine Saga

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space whales are pretty cool and a perfect example that nothing in Rebels was filler.

That is all.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Hyperspace whales have convinced me we are getting the Whills at the end of this movie.

Last edited:

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I like the theory that Leia's lightsaber in the opening was Anakin's too. Luke recovered it and gave it to her giving more meaning to Ben claiming Anakin's lightsaber as his since it belonged to his grandfather and mother.

OP
OP
Yukari

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Yeah i am sure Po Dameron Comic Number 21 was planned with Kylos redemption in mind lmao, god i hate those click-baity sites

Don't make your mommy disappoint Ben.

m1k9YQ7.jpg

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Rey Palpatine Skywalker whatever the fuck is just a failure of storytelling, there's no set up for it whatsoever and it completely undercuts (for better or worse) The Last Jedi.

This trilogy just doesn't work I don't think. TFA and TLJ are decent enough stand alone films, but both are JJ and RJ basically doing a thesis essay on what they think Star Wars should be cinematically rather than just telling a damn story.

Now IX has to wrap it all up and they have to resort to wild plot twists.
LUKE: You went straight to the dark.

It was a pretty obvious possibility in TFA that Rey was hidden for a purpose.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everything we keep hearing about this film sounds like a complete dumpster fire. They did a complete and utter 180 from Johnson's attempt at starting something new with Star Wars and everything about it sounds terrible.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
On the bright side, everyone will finally stop wrongly complaining about her space flight scene in TLJ.

Nah, that scene is still prequel-levels of shit. Only compliment I can give it now is that it was short, unlike what I am certain will be a loooong and gratuitous scene of CGI Fisher leaping around the screen (its Abrams we're talking about, after all).

Jan 3, 2018
Nah, that scene is still prequel-levels of shit. Only compliment I can give it now is that it was short, unlike what I am certain will be a loooong and gratuitous scene of CGI Fisher leaping around the screen (its Abrams we're talking about, after all).

It would be weird to show her as a proficient jedi though since she hardly uses the force in the ST.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Everything we keep hearing about this film sounds like a complete dumpster fire. They did a complete and utter 180 from Johnson's attempt at starting something new with Star Wars and everything about it sounds terrible.

Either they should've not gotten Rian or they should've not had JJ had onboard at all.

They're incompatible with each other.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

And you have, somehow, the balls to say that despite the fact that TFA's set pieces and action scenes shit all over TLJ all the way.

That's impressive.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If we haven't seen Luke go all prequel Jedi in this trilogy then we're definitely not going to see Leia do that.

It's not going to hurt you to see her take a few swings in training.

Jan 3, 2018
She flew in outer space!

Yeah, but that's just one instance, and it seems like the effort put her in a coma. Maybe she has a bit of jedi proficiency, but she can't move rocks or anything very large using the force. Rey would be ahead of her by the time IX starts, given she could move giant rocks and is now in possession of the jedi texts.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017

Starting something new?

"The Jedi are reborn today"

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean the Throne Room fight from TLJ is a far and way better action set piece than we have seen in any comic book movie this past decade.

So don't sleep on RJs action chops here.
I mean I love the Throne Room fight scene, but that's a bold statement to make when movies like Dredd are out there.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean the Throne Room fight from TLJ is a far and way better action set piece than we have seen in any comic book movie this past decade.

Bahahaha... no. Your not-very-subtle dig at Marvel notwithstanding, Atomic Blonde has far better fight scenes. Then there's Dredd, Kickass 2, the Kingsman movies, obviously Scott Pilgrim, Watchmen...

There's a lot that are way beyond the sort of choreography we'd ever see in Star Wars. In fact I don't even know why you'd try to compare them at all.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The throne room scene really crumbles on repeat watches. Especially after that stunt guy video pointing out how people looked silly because at least on of the actors was late on choreography.

Also the space flight is not far behind the Han shot second edit that makes me wanna turn away from the screen in embarrassment.

Last edited:

Desparadina

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

That sounds like some clown shit tbh. Shit ain't even as good as Bucky and Captain America fist fighting each other Hell, the fight is barely even as good as the lightsaber duels in the prequels

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like how they go for raw energy in the new sequel fights, but the execution needs work. Perhaps more use of doubles who can really sell the action on point.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds like some clown shit tbh. Shit ain't even as good as Bucky and Captain America fist fighting each other Hell, the fight is barely even as good as the lightsaber duels in the prequels
Bucky vs Cap is the best fight scene in the MCU, I love that scene (TWS is the best MCU movie to date so no surprise there).

Throne Room in TLJ is better than every saber fight in the PT outside of Duel of Fates. To be fair the saber fights in AOTC and ROTS were pretty meh compared to TPM so that isn't saying much at all.

My main thing is action set pieces that utilize entirely CGI characters in fights don't do much for me at all. It takes me out of it and doesn't feel real or exciting. The ROTS & AOTC fights usually had an all-cgi character, same for stuff like Endgame.

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
This trilogy should have just been set hundreds of years after ROTJ to avoid this cluster fuck but they wanted to have their cake and eat it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.