• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which of these three 2019-released Star Wars works did you enjoy the most?

• Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Votes: 128 29.2%
  • The Mandalorian

Votes: 282 64.2%
  • Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Votes: 29 6.6%

• Total voters

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Close to the end of 2019, we had three major Star Wars works release in close succession. Each of these were grand works with production teams of hundreds of creators each, labouring over multiple years. Each one is in a different medium or format, and each one approaches Star Wars in its own unique way.

Yz0iLHe.jpg

In Jedi: Fallen Order, we experience the journey of Cal Kestis, a Jedi survivor of Order 66 who must complete his training, find a way to rebuild the Jedi Order, and evade the Empire all at once.

In The Mandalorian, a bounty hunter takes on a valuable job and ends up making an emotional connection he did not expect.

In The Rise of Skywalker, we once again learn that the dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

To those of you who experienced all three of them - which single work did you enjoy the most?

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed all three. I had a hell of a time as a Star Wars fan the last few months. You don't have to choose one, you know.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fallen Order is at the top for me with Mando a close second.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
They hate you, Mando!

They hate you because you're a legend!

But not me: I celebrate your success!

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
TROS>Fallen Order>The Mandolorian

The Rise of Skywalker, while I had some major issues with the movie, I still had a blast watching it.
Jedi Fallen Order, it's a good game but I couldn't get the hang off the combat and had some other issues with the game.
As for The Mandalorian, it's not available in my country so I can only judge it by the countless pictures of baby Yoda

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I cannot believe I'm saying this, but... The Mandalorian.

Earlier this year, I was so excited for The Rise of Skywalker (I adore TFA and TLJ), I couldn't wait to play Fallen Order, and I thought The Mando looked WAY too edgelord for SW.

TRoS disappointed me (I like it well enough, but it has so many damn problems and squanders all the potential of the first two movies). I outwardly hate Fallen Order (a miserable experience--a boring game and a story that is just a TLJ ripoff with none of the heart or nuance). And I ended up loving The Mandalorian. Crazy how this year turned out.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Jedi Fallen Order. I don't hate the Mandolorian but like without Baby Yoda, I dont think the show is good (like if he was hopping from town to town).

Jedi Fallen Order was incredibly fun. But I think all three are very very close in how I view them.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
I didn't even liked it that much but it's Jedi Fallen Order to me.

The Mandolarian is probably the most overrated show of the year though, so good job.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Mando. Still enjoyed TROS though. Have not played fallen order yet.

Honestly this has been a great year for Star Wars for me, Plus the Rise of the Resistance ride at Disney looks amazing

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
J:FO is a competent video game, but its story is kinda dull and is one that has been done several times before. It's saved by its characters.

Mandalorian is an entertaining show, but relies almost totally on audience empathy for Baby Yoda, and nearly everything else about it rarely rises above the level of a high-budget fan film. It's saved by its characters.

TROS is a collision of poor pacing and ideas that either jive against the prior direction of the trilogy, or are simply not given enough room to breathe. It's saved by its characters.

In other words, Star Wars is chugging along, the same as it has for the past 40+ years, but I'm still hugely digging it because it keeps nailing that one crucial aspect.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
didn't play Jedi Order, Mando is kind of meh, and Rise is a heap of garbage

so I'd probably go Mando > Jedi Order > Rise

Deleted member 42105

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
FO>Mando>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rise

The entire last act of Fallen Order is kino. That's the only reason I rate it above Mando.

Either of them are better than any of the ST films.

MagnusGman

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dallas
Mandalorian number one by a huge margin.

I came out of Rise questioning if I was really a Star Wars fan anymore. I hated almost everything about it.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Jedo: Fallen Order
The Mandalorian
(big gap)
Rise of Skywalker

None of them are great, though

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Only just started Fallen Order on Xmas, I'm loving it a lot more than I expected and honestly it's just what I needed after ROS ended up disappointing me. It kinda salvaged the brand in my eyes.

and I live in the UK so I have no opinion on Mandalorian yet, Disney is real silly on that front.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fallen Order > Mando > TROS

I've loved Mando so far, I enjoyed Skywalker but nowhere near as much. But I started Fallen Order a few days ago, and it's so my kind of game it's ridiculous. It's finally pulling me out of a gaming rut.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Mandalorian>=Fallen Order>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rise

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Mandalorian is fantastic, so that one.

Then Fallen Order, then Rise of Skywalker (which, for the record, I liked)

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Mando by a far margin, because Jon Favreau nailed on instilling what had inspired Star Wars in the first place into it. Sure, it has plenty of member-berries oozing over the top, but the foundation is solid and keeps the DNA and 'feel' of the OT.

Modern Star Wars films just fetishsizes Star Wars itself, without incorporating stuff from the 50's sci-fi serials, cowboy and samurai stuff that was running through Lucas' veins. As such they will always feel like they're missing something because the people making them aren't actually aware what Star Wars is down at its bones. Same thing happened with Ghostbusters, same thing that happens with lots of reboots from less talented directors and creators.

Jedi Fallen Order was good, but benefits too much from Kyle Katarn and Corran Horn and everyone being de-canon'd, so they can just wholesale swipe all the old EU's stuff without really needing to put much effort in themselves.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really, really liked Fallen Order. It managed to tell a story within the established universe about characters we knew existed but knew nothing about, expanded upon concepts other media introduced and gave us a look at just how the galaxy changed the years immediately following the rise of the Empire.

I don't think I could've asked for a better Star Wars game and I'm really eager to jump into a sequel should one ever be made.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really, really liked Fallen Order. It managed to tell a story within the established universe about characters we knew existed but knew nothing about, expanded upon concepts other media introduced and gave us a look at just how the galaxy changed the years immediately following the rise of the Empire.

I don't think I could've asked for a better Star Wars game and I'm really eager to jump into a sequel should one ever be made.
EA apparently greenlit the sequel before the game ever shipped so we're in luck it would seem.

Oct 25, 2017
The mandalorian is seriously the greatest surprise ever.
It brings in a new focused storyline into a world while still giving people who watched TCW and Rebels a lot of fan service without it being overbearing.

It's been such a wonderful season.

But to be honest I also absolutely enjoyed JFO and I thought RoS was the most enjoyable episode of the new trilogy even though it was the messiest by a mile.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Fallen Order wins for me. Mandalorian is cool but has some glaring flaws too, it'd be really weak without baby Yoda to be honest. That said both shit all over Rise of Skywalker, easily. :)

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
The Mandalorian and Fallen Order are pretty cool, and leave me feeling positive. TROS is a bit of a mixed bag, but on the whole I enjoyed all three and feel a renewed sense of interest in the Star Wars universe after TLJ, Battlefront II, and Solo did major damage to it.