• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
So Willow it is then, I don't remember much from the original movie will have give it a re-watch, maybe Mando was supposed to be the show that carries the Holidays, but it got pushed a few months back?

Antoo

May 1, 2019
disney could always push back she-hulk if they really need a holiday show that will draw in audiences

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Ians George Lucas voice is damn hilarious!
Ian also said he was there during the filming of Obi Wan, maybe Palpatine shows up!?

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with not seeing the actual Emperor, but it'd be neat to see his kindly old man propaganda like in Rebels.
That would be neat. Though Id love to see a scene of the Emperor disbanding the Senate and talking to the galaxy about the Rebellious Senators and the need to crush the enemy

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It might have been in reference to ROTS being there on set to see them then. Really do want to see him at least in Andor Season 2

I'm pretty certain he was referring to RotS rather than accidentally breaking NDA. He did muddle the point he was making a little bit though.

The way he said it was what threw me off if that's the case because he said something like "they boys, well middle aged men were back and there may be a fight but we'll have to wait and see...but i said to them after I watched it" lol. definitely sounds like he was there watching but you're both probably right.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ian is really hamming it up this time around. Good that he seems to have so much fun with this stuff. They got Casting of a lifetime when they got him to be Palpatine in ROTJ

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
The way he said it was what threw me off if that's the case because he said something like "they boys, well middle aged men were back and there may be a fight but we'll have to wait and see...but i said to them after I watched it" lol. definitely sounds like he was there watching but you're both probably right.

Seems, in a very round about way, he just denied he is in it and is very much done playing the role now. ("Don't get your hopes up.")

Oct 25, 2017
Here is Ian's direct response to the question of an impending return, which I transcribed because I thought it was funny:

"That is a disgraceful question, and one which I have no intention of answering. But you see you can't win, can you? I will say this. You will remember the very first Star Wars film subsequently christened A New Hope, the emperor was present. His presence was felt, but he never appeared. He was sort of interpreted by Moff, the great Peter Cushing. And then more recently in Rogue One, his presence was felt but he never appeared. So all I will say regarding future speculation is: If you're expecting the Emperor to appear soon in flesh and blood, don't get your hopes up. Thank you for asking it, I don't think."

Obviously there's no point in seriously asking the question because a professional actor couldn't say anything to affirm it, but it's fun to hear his response regardless. Much like watching Garfield squirm all last year, fortunately that one panned out. We will see!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Ian said Babu Frik is sensational and lightheartedly called him his favorite character
Team Babu stay winning forever
HEY HEY

Last edited:

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Andor I could see them sneaking him in on because it was filmed right there in the UK. But at the same time outside of a few key moments there really isn't a reason to have Palpatine show up. Like at the end of Season 2 where the shit finally hits the fan and Palpatine dissolves the Senate. or even just a Senate scene where Mon Mothma and her allies speak out against Palpatine.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't expect the Emperor to appear in flesh and blood, Ian says!
We can work with that...

zKDCESCl.jpg

hA8viu4l.jpg

GIAKMirl.png

jLuJVKp.jpg

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That would be neat. Though Id love to see a scene of the Emperor disbanding the Senate and talking to the galaxy about the Rebellious Senators and the need to crush the enemy

Yeah, Palpatine moved forward with it pretty much as the events of Rogue One were going on, from my understanding. He had the Deathstar and the Tarkin Doctrine that he would use it to keep the local systems in line. And he now had a full blown rebellion, so probably declared emergency powers to restore peace.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'm behind on the stream but it's bizarre to me that Ashley Eckstein and Rosario Dawson still haven't met. I'd have thought, at the least, that Filoni would have Ashley cameo in the Ashoka show.

(It fills me with a ton of joy to see the Star Wars Show hosts back for this, I missed them)

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm behind on the stream but it's bizarre to me that Ashley Eckstein and Rosario Dawson still haven't met. I'd have thought, at the least, that Filoni would have Ashley cameo in the Ashoka show.

(It fills me with a ton of joy to see the Star Wars Show hosts back for this, I missed them)
Yeah I hope they do good by Ashley and at least give her some role in the Ahsoka show. Its very obvious how much the character means to her

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Showed up early enough to queue up for the Kenobi screening so I should get a good spot.

Today has been awesome. Was able to just get in the overflow room for the Studio Showcase. Got lucky to get into Star Wars Explained's panel and hope to get a pic with him tomorrow. Snagged a poster for being at The High Republic panel and got the Andor poster as well.

It's been a long day and it's only day 1!

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Showed up early enough to queue up for the Kenobi screening so I should get a good spot.

Today has been awesome. Was able to just get in the overflow room for the Studio Showcase. Got lucky to get into Star Wars Explained's panel and hope to get a pic with him tomorrow. Snagged a poster for being at The High Republic panel and got the Andor poster as well.

It's been a long day and it's only day 1!

This sounds SO fun and I'm SO jealous! Enjoy!!! Keep us updated. Fun to live vicariously through you lol.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017

It sort of felt that she knew/knows/is being left behind and her part of the character is gone and she is torn up by it but she is trying to be strong about it.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I want that chrome Death Trooper so bad fuck it being exclusive lmao.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
I hope they can get
It sort of felt that she knew/knows/is being left behind and her part of the character is gone and she is torn up by it but she is trying to be strong about it.
I stopped watching when I saw she was on because of that. Like if they've nothing lined up for her then seems kinda harsh to even bring her out? Hopefully they do right by her.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

It does seem that way, which is strange, because she was just playing her in the Clone Wars finale and still has enough of a relationship with the company that they invited her on to stage and her company has their own booth. Like, Filoni is working on what feels like half a dozen shows, she could at least be a robot's VO or something.