• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
yGzjXly.jpg

IScAAdD.png
www.youtube.com

Star Wars Celebration LIVE! - DAY 1

Watch the Star Wars Celebration LIVE! complete livestream of day 1 from Star Wars Celebration Anaheim, including interviews, panels, and much more!

-- Major panels w/ archive links (coming soon) --

Thursday, May 26th

Lucasfilm's Studio Showcase (11AM - 12:30AM PDT)
Star Wars Celebration returns, launching with a must-see showcase that will kick the weekend's festivities into hyperdrive. Lucasfilm's current crop of live-action filmmakers will be joined by special guests to discuss the many Star Wars adventures coming soon, including Obi-Wan Kenobi, Andor, and The Mandalorian.
Ian McDiarmid: An Audience with The Emperor (1:30PM - 2:30PM PDT)
"I am all the Sith." Join Ian McDiarmid, who portrayed Chancellor and then Emperor Palpatine in all three trilogies of the Skywalker saga, for a discussion that is sure to reveal rare insights and behind-the-scenes stories from the celebrated actor who provided some of the most resonant, bone-chilling performances in all of the Star Wars saga.

Friday, May 27th

Light and Magic (11AM - 12PM PDT)
Attendees of Star Wars Celebration will be among the first in the world to get a sneak peek at "Light & Magic" with an "illuminating" discussion panel featuring Lawrence Kasdan and Ron Howard, joined by VFX titans Dennis Muren, Phil Tippett, Joe Johnston and Rose Duignan, and Lynwen Brennan, Lucasfilm executive vice president and general manager.
Star Wars Attack of the Clones 20th Anniversary Celebration (2PM - 3PM PDT)
The shroud of the dark side has fallen! Join us as we celebrate the 20th anniversary of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, the movie that not only introduced a lightsaber-wielding Yoda, a coming-of-age Anakin Skywalker, and clones, it also ushered in a new era of digital cinema, which two decades later has become an industry standard. Special guests and behind-the-scenes content will be revealed in this can't-miss commemoration of the 2002 epic.

Saturday, May 28th

Mando+: A Conversation with Jon Favreau & Dave Filoni (11AM - 12PM PDT)
In their first appearance at Star Wars Celebration since the premiere of The Mandalorian, join Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni with special guests for a lookback and a look ahead at what's to come.
Tales of the Jedi (2:30PM - 3:30PM)
Introducing Tales of the Jedi, animated anthology shorts. Hosted by Amy Ratcliffe with special guest Dave Filoni.

Sunday, May 29th

Star Wars: The Bad Batch Season 2 (11AM - 12PM PDT)
"Strap in kid, you're not gonna want to miss this view." Join host David Collins as he invites Star Wars: The Bad Batch executive producer and supervising director Brad Rau, executive producer and head writer Jen Corbett, story editor Matt Michnovetz, actors Dee Bradley Baker (the Bad Batch) and Michelle Ang (Omega) to discuss highlights from the first season of the acclaimed series as well as some exciting hints of what's to come in season two!
Celebration Anaheim Closing Ceremony (3:30PM - 4:30PM PDT)
Gather with your friends and fellow Star Wars fans to relive the best moments of the weekend and bid farewell to another Star Wars Celebration. Featuring special guests, weekend highlights and much more, this is a send-off you won't want to miss!

star-wars-celebration-fan-art-swca-ksenia-zelentsova_web.jpg

-- Other panels of interest (full list here) --

Lucasfilm Publishing: Stories From a Galaxy Far, Far Away (Thursday 5/26, 1PM - 2PM PDT)
From adult novels to kids comics, from the time of the High Republic to the rise of the First Order, this is the place to dive deeper into the stories from a galaxy far, far away. Featuring details on new and upcoming titles from Disney Lucasfilm Press, Del Rey, Dark Horse, and more! Including all-new announcements and reveals from a galaxy far, far away! Moderated by Lucasfilm's Michael Siglain.

The High Republic: For Light and Life (Thursday 5/26, 3PM - 4PM PDT)
Centuries before the Skywalker saga there was The High Republic! Join moderator and Star Wars: The High Republic Show host Krystina Arielle, along with luminous authors Claudia Gray, Justina Ireland, Daniel José Older, Cavan Scott, and Charles Soule, along with Lucasfilm's James Waugh and Michael Siglain, for an in-depth conversation about the golden age of the Jedi. Including all-new announcements and reveals from Phase II: Quest of the Jedi!

From a Galaxy Far, Far Away to a Disney Park Near You (Friday 5/27, 4PM - 5PM)
A chronological journey through Star Wars experiences at Disney Parks around the world, starting with the earliest collaborations between Disney and Lucasfilm, Captain EO and Star Tours, leading all the way through to the newest immersive experiences, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Walt Disney World and Disneyland resorts), Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser (Walt Disney World Resort) and Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge (Disney Cruise Line), featuring some of the key team members from Walt Disney Imagineering and Lucasfilm.

Behind the Scenes of The Mandalorian & The Book of Boba Fett (Saturday 5/28, 1PM - 2PM PDT)
Return to the sands of Tatooine as members of the visual effects, creature effects, and sound teams pull back the curtain on their work for The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett to meet the creative challenges put forth by showrunners Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, and Robert Rodriguez. The team will share how practical puppets, advanced animatronics, CG animation, and cutting edge sound combine to bring the creatures to life. The filmmakers will also illustrate how miniatures continue to play a role in visual effects, and explain the latest advancements in virtual production from the ILM StageCraft team that helped pioneer the technology.

Star Wars: Hunters – Welcome to the Greatest Show in the Galaxy (Saturday 5/28, 1PM - 2PM PDT)
On the planet of Vespaara, the galaxy's greatest fighters assemble in the Arena to compete for glory and credits. Star Wars: Hunters will introduce a unique original cast of characters, facing off in thrilling 4v4 arena combat. Join the Zynga and the Lucasfilm teams to learn about how this spectacle will come to life, hear developer insights, and see behind-the-scenes glimpses at upcoming content.

A Look Back at Star Wars: Visions (Sunday 5/29, 12:30PM – 1:30PM PDT)
Join team members from Lucasfilm and Qubic Pictures as they discuss the development and success of Star Wars: Visions. Hosted by longtime anime and Star Wars fan Chastity Vicencio, the panelists will share highlights from production, discuss how they worked with Kamikaze Douga, Studio Colorido, Geno Studio, TRIGGER, Kinema citrus Co., Production I.G, and Science SARU to bring Star Wars: Visions to life, show never before seen concept artwork, and more!

star-wars-celebration-fan-art-malcolm-tween-the-jundland-wastes_3k.jpg

2019 SWCC thread here

May the Force be with you, always.

Last edited:
News, announcements, and more
OP
OP
Cross-Section

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
News, announcements, and more:

May 26:

www.starwars.com

SWCA 2022: 20 Highlights from Lucasfilm's Studio Showcase

Lucasfilm pulls back the curtain on the future of Star Wars, the upcoming Willow series, and the fifth Indiana Jones film.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
www.starwars.com

SWCA 2022: Andor Teaser Trailer, Release Date Revealed

Get your first look at the upcoming Disney+ series starring a legendary rebel.
youtu.be

Willow | Official Teaser Trailer | Disney+

This fall, a new adventure begins. ✨ Watch the teaser trailer for #Willow, an Original series streaming November 30, only on #DisneyPlus.
www.starwars.com

SWCA 2022: 10 Things We Learned from the Star Wars: The High Republic Panel

Discover all-new announcements, insights, and reveals from Phase II: Quest of the Jedi.
www.starwars.com

SWCA 2022: 6 Things We Learned from the Lucasfilm Publishing Fiction Panel

Secrets and teases for the future of Star Wars books were part of this all-star author panel.

May 27:

www.starwars.com

SWCA 2022: 4 Things We Learned from the Attack of the Chords Panel

Skywalker Sound's David Collins explores the music of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, from themes to character connections.
www.youtube.com

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Official Teaser

“What is your next move, Jedi?”Experience the next chapter of Cal Kestis’ journey in STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor - coming in 2023.Picking up five years after th...
www.starwars.com

SWCA 2022: Respawn’s Stig Asmussen Talks Star Wars Jedi: Survivor and Reflects on Its Predecessor - Exclusive

The director behind Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order speaks to StarWars.com about the new teaser for its highly-anticipated sequel and much more.
www.starwars.com

SWCA 2022: Gather Your Younglings for the Young Jedi Adventures Series

The new animated series, set during the era of the High Republic, teaches important skills to a pre-school audience.
www.starwars.com

SWCA 2022: 7 Things We Learned from the Lucasfilm Publishing Behind the Page Panel

Go inside new and upcoming books, with insights from the authors.
www.starwars.com

SWCA 2022: 7 Things We Learned from the Summer of LEGO Star Wars Panel

BD-1 gets the LEGO brick treatment, the LEGO Star Wars Summer Vacation special announced, and more!
www.starwars.com

SWCA 2022: 8 Things We Learned from the Star Wars: Attack of the Clones 20th Anniversary Panel

Cast, crew, and special surprise guests gathered to talk about the first digital blockbuster 20 years after it premiered.

May 28:

www.starwars.com

SWCA 2022: 5 Things We Learned from the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi Panel

Special guest Dave Filoni introduces the new series of animated shorts headed to Disney+.

May 29:

www.youtube.com

Star Wars: The Bad Batch | Season 2 Teaser Trailer | Disney+

PARENTS STREAMING NOW ON DISNEY+ Subscription required, 18+.It is time for the new Era. Watch the trailer for the new season of Star Wars: #TheBadBatch. Comi...

Last edited:

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
looking forward to hopefully seeing some BTS on Season 3 of Mando and a look at Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Currently waiting on my connecting flight and gonna hit Downtown Disney when I get there!

Excited for not just my first Celebration, but first convention as well!

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Most looking forward to anything on Bad Batch Season 2. Feels like they've ignored it, so I was surprised they have a panel dedicated to the show.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
My predictions for the big live-action showcase:
  • Grammar Rodeo is officially unveiled.
  • An official cast is announced for Ahsoka.
  • Amandla Stenberg is confirmed as the lead on The Acolyte
  • Andor gets a release date and a trailer
  • An announcement that Taika's film starts shooting in July (this is the boldest of these predictions, but if it's gonna hit the December 2023 release date it has to start shooting soon)
  • And update about films beyond that. Maybe just that Rogue Squadron is now scheduled for 2025.
  • Some type of tease about The Mandalorian season 3. Not necessarily footage, but Favreau will talk about it.
  • My expectations for the non-fiction panel will be entirely too high.
Any announcements expected besides the new Jedi game?

Whatever the heck "Grammar Rodeo" is. There could be others, but that's the only one that I feel confident in.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We'll also probably see footage for Tales of the Jedi which was just casually confirmed to be real when they announced all the panels a few weeks back lol

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Hope they announce some of the Ahsoka cast. I want the Ghost crew in that show for a reunion with Ezra. Also want to see who'll play Thrawn, though I assume it'll simply be Lars Mikkelsen.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hoping they announce a new animated series using the Clone Wars/Bad Batch art style.
This shit is too incredible to not be used for more projects.

4b017d97a22a0518a095aff6afae19971fb0610c.gifv

6eb37f67ff070ff4d04386a3dc8ec799c4db7a6c.gifv

0c439fda8520289c1a8870048623ab17f0a07cf6.gifv

683aa97f1391e9c250862df5f19e37978950a837.gifv

Hope they announce some of the Ahsoka cast. I want the Ghost crew in that show for a reunion with Ezra. Also want to see who'll play Thrawn, though I assume it'll simply be Lars Mikkelsen.

Ghost crew will 100% be in that show. Sabine has already been cast, she will be played by Natasha Liu Bordizzo.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
Whats Season 1 of Bad Batch like? Going to start and finish Rebels before watching.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Hoping they announce a new animated series using the Clone Wars/Bad Batch art style.

Ghost crew will 100% be in that show. Sabine has already been cast, she will be played by Natasha Liu Bordizzo.
I assume so, too, but I worry it'll just be Ahsoka and Sabine (And eventually Ezra) and we'll have to wait for the rest of them to reunite with Ezra.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Excited for Jedi: Survivor. The Attack of the Clones panel might be fun too.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly has far as anything tv related,
I'll be 100% satisfied if we got a single image of Sabine(even with her helmet on).

though would also be cool if we saw Ahsoka concept art and
877a9fd44a3d12e3922b2bd58ced1403.jpg

we got that redone into an official concept/previz piece.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018

They really gotta take those unfinished clone wars arcs and convert them into one-off animated D+ movies. The Bad Batch premiere movie was great and the Siege of Mandalore is some of the best Star Wars we've gotten

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
They really gotta take those unfinished clone wars arcs and convert them into one-off animated D+ movies. The Bad Batch premiere movie was great and the Siege of Mandalore is some of the best Star Wars we've gotten

Yes, and I think it would be cool if the took some of those Star Wars Underworld scripts written under Lucas and make some specials out of them, too.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'd also be okay if they took the Duel of the Fates script and turned it into an animated series. Then I can just watch that and pretend that The Rise of Skywalker never happened.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Got my winning lottery selection on monday to be in the room for the main stage of the lucasfilm panel.

And I had to cancel my trip because covid just finally hit the family :(

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017

I'd love for them to finish the Clone Wars episodes, I think there's about 5 or 6 arcs left to do. The important ones are the Darth Maul one as the last time he's in the show he's captured by Palpetine, and also the Ventress arc.

DrewyMcK

Nov 5, 2017
I'd love for them to finish the Clone Wars episodes, I think there's about 5 or 6 arcs left to do. The important ones are the Darth Maul one as the last time he's in the show he's captured by Palpetine, and also the Ventress arc.
I feel like they''ll avoid animating the Maul / Ventress arcs, since they've already covered them in the comics and novels. The only planned Clone Wars story I could see them still doing is the Boba / Bounty Hunter one.
Anything for fallen order sequel here or more likely to revealed at SGF?
Jeff Grubb has been saying we'll see it announced at Celebration. Not sure when exactly though since I don't think there's any gaming focused panels

Last edited:

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
After watching Top Gun Maverick, I'm really craving for that Rogue Squadron movie.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Well, less now than there was, with Book of Boba replacing one of those arcs entirely. Unless you already accounted for that. Not sure Ashoka's exploring the Sith temple will ever happen either, since the planned walkabout arc was heavily retooled in season 7, and I don't know how'd they fit in a new Ahsoka story with her exploring the Coruscant depths at this point.

I'm kinda okay with the Ventress arcs (technically it's two four-part arcs that would have been released with a couple arcs between) staying in novel form, if only because it's a really good novel and I think I'd get annoyed by any changes from adapting it back, lol.

Leaving the Maul arc as comics just feels like a total waste though, and it definitely feels weird for Maul to get captured by Palpatine, disappear for a season, and then show back up completely out of the blue with no explanation.

Crystal Crisis definitely needs to happen too, because it's even more frustrating to have an officially released, canon arc that only exists in animatic form, lol. Just finish the damn thing already!

I always felt releasing them unfinished arcs as "TV movies" made the most sense.

Last edited:

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Are there going to be separate links for the panels? The Lucasfilm Studio Showcase panel says it starts at 8 pm my time, but the Celebration Day 1 live stream seems to start at 9:30 pm.

OP
OP
Cross-Section

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Are there going to be separate links for the panels? The Lucasfilm Studio Showcase panel says it starts at 8 pm my time, but the Celebration Day 1 live stream seems to start at 9:30 pm.
Technically speaking, it remains to be seen, but 2019 had the TROS panel and other go up first as separate streams from the main live feed

l27qyzqwvo571.gif

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I REALLY wish I could have gone. Went there during The Last Jedi reveal as a Celebration floor employee and it was still an absolute blast to watch the announcements and see all the cool cosplays and products being sold.

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
Whats Season 1 of Bad Batch like? Going to start and finish Rebels before watching.

The animation is fantastic but the quality of the show is a mixed bag. The episodes that progress the main storyline or the ones that focus on the Empire taking shape are the best, but everything in between is aggressively mediocre and predominantly aimed at kids. There is, however, a mini-arc near the middle that you'll probably appreciate after watching Rebels. My biggest issue with the show is that it doesn't really develop the Bad Batch characters (outside of Hunter and Omega, the little girl) and they remain pretty flat and one-note.

I'm hoping Season 2 will be better.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

The 'myth-arc' episodes are killer, anything dealing with the fallout of Order 66/Clones/Separatists/Stormtroopers is amazing, but the standalone 'steal the thing from the base' episodes are just ok. They've been done before a lot on Rebels. There's also a (two-parter I think?) with some returning characters from other shows which is pretty fun.

I'd also be okay if they took the Duel of the Fates script and turned it into an animated series. Then I can just watch that and pretend that The Rise of Skywalker never happened.

That's what I plan to do with the Lego Star Wars Holiday Special next time I do a marathon. I also highly recommend it to anyone who disliked TROS but likes the characters, as it gives Rose seemingly much more screentime and the plot is about Rey wanting to train Finn. Also there's time travel. It's fun.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There's a guy in front of me in line with a board that he's using to cosplay as Geode and I love it

blkd5nvvbwh61.jpg

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
I keep looking around, but it really seems like the Lucasfilm Showcase won't be streamed 😕

I hope I'm wrong, because that would be so stupid. It's probably the most interesting of them.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm pretty sure they've streamed all the big panels since 2015, so I'd be surprised if they didn't this time. They do sometimes hide footage though.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Yeah they'll probably give the attendees some exclusive trailers

Ryan. you need to come through with your impressions when you get the chance 👀