• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
"Star Wars is for everyone" - Ashley Eckstein
*everyone in the crowd cheers and claps*

It's so weird that 5 years ago that would've not elicited any reaction from me but now it makes me happy that no one there boo'd her or something.

Also, it seems only cool fans go to Celebration from what I've seen. Nice to not be so disappointed in the fandom for once.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
"Star Wars is for everyone" - Ashley Eckstein
*everyone in the crowd cheers and claps*

It's so weird that 5 years ago that would've not elicited any reaction from me but now it makes me happy that no one there boo'd her or something.

Also, it seems only cool fans go to Celebration from what I've seen. Nice to not be so disappointed in the fandom for once.
Celebration looks fun as hell. I wanna go.. one day.

Maybe for Episode 10

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Those pictures reminded me of how much Joonas was unable to answer any question and how much anxiety it was giving me. I only had 30 minutes of break and each time Joonas spoke he would go on for forever. THIS MAN MADE ME LATE

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here at the actual celebration?

When you have time, even if it's a few days to a week or so, I'd love to see your photos if your willing to share, nice to see stuff from fans perspective on the floor as well as professionally shot by the Star Wars team

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Photo thread of the ROS cast at Celebration:

D4EtTvxXkAApIGC.jpg

"Aaaaawwwwww yiss. Motha. Fuckin. FREEBIES."

Jabronium

Oct 26, 2017

When you have time, even if it's a few days to a week or so, I'd love to see your photos if your willing to share, nice to see stuff from fans perspective on the floor as well as professionally shot by the Star Wars team

I'll post what I wind up with after I get home and sort through them. Prepare to be disappointed.

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Lightsaber fight club inside the Cloud Gate:

iIUSGIr.jpg

More like an after hours Celebration event, but cool nonetheless.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
We getting a trailer?
Dunno. On one side, they showed a behind-the-scenes reel at the investor meeting at Disney's lot a few days ago. On the other hand, it comes out the same month as Jedi Order and a month earlier than TROS, so they might have an actual trailer.

Last edited:

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Dunno. On one side, they showed a behind-the-scenes reel at the investor meeting at Disney's lot a few days ago. On the other side, it comes out the same month as Jedi Order and a month earlier than TROS, so they might have an actual trailer.

That would be really rad. Looking forward to the first legit live action SW series.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know why they don't do these Celebrations on Star Wars Day (may the 4th) weekend, when it lands on a weekend that is, it's only a matter of a few weeks away, cheesy yes I know but Star Wars fans who attend probably would like that, if there is anyone who buys into that cheesiness is us fans.

This year would have been thurs may 2, fri 3rd, sat may the 4th be with you, sunday return of the 5th (brother) or revenge of the Fifth and monday erm revenge of the Sixth or Return of the Sixth.

Something fun & silly

Probably all to do with logistics and available dates of the venue I guess.

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know why they don't do these Celebrations on Star Wars Day (may the 4th) weekend, when it lands on a weekend that is, it's only a matter of a few weeks away, cheesy yes I know but Star Wars fans who attend probably would like that, if there is anyone who buys into that cheesiness is us fans.

This year would have been thurs may 2, fri 3rd, sat may the 4th be with you, sunday return of the 5th (brother) or revenge of the Fifth and monday erm revenge of the Sixth or Return of the Sixth.

Something fun & silly

Probably all to do with logistics and available dates of the venue I guess.
This time of year is mostly warmer, right before the summer premiere/movie season, after awards season, and doesn't interfere with the recently estsblished merchandise holidays (may 4th, force friday, etc.). Also aids in the optimal 7 month (games) and 8 month (movies) hype periods.

Jabronium

Oct 26, 2017
Up in the nosebleeds for the Mandalorian but at least the speaker array isn't in the way this time. Can't wait to see this.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Apparently it's confirmed that one of The Clone Wars arcs will be The Bad Batch and another not animated yet, will be really interesting to see what they pick along with that and Siege of Mandalore.

It'd be really nice if we got the one where Asoka discovers a ancient Sith temple and Sidious chases her down.
Is there a link for the Mandalorian panel stream yet?
Not yet. Should be up on the Star Wars youtube in about 5-10 minutes.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Episode 9 will probably be decent

Jedi Fallen Order is made by Respawn, so I'm not too concerned right now

But this is the thing I'm probably the most curious about this weekend

ragingbegal

Oct 27, 2017
This time of year is mostly warmer, right before the summer premiere/movie season, after awards season, and doesn't interfere with the recently estsblished merchandise holidays (may 4th, force friday, etc.). Also aids in the optimal 7 month (games) and 8 month (movies) hype periods.
Of course, it's basically a blizzard in Chicago today.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
How long is the panel supposed to be? There's 2.5 hours between the start of Mandalorian and the Alan Tudyk panel.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They really need to make another Medal of Honor with Giacchino back at the music helm.

The R1 soundtrack, while not the best, made me miss that side of him.