• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't make Rey a Skywalker (at least by blood). It would completely ruin her arc and one of the big messages of TLJ.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely feels like a troll on Rian. You wanted imply any can be special?? naw son rise of the fuckin skywalkers
Yup, massive retcon
But that's also fine, in a way ... Like, Rian rather 'selfishly' steered the Saga into a very new, very specific direction. Maybe, in retrospect, he should've done that with his own trilogy.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Also Luke's line - "No one's ever really gone..."

Palpatine tease. "Rise of Skywalker"

Yeah...

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
There's a lot of deep lore about how Palpatine has orchestrated much of the fall of the Empire. It's showing maybe a piece of the Death Star. I could see them searching for a MacGuffin left by the Emperor.

The Skywalker part I don't think is a slight on Rian. The movie is about the End of the Skywalker story. I think it means something more symbolic than that.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Death Star II dish means they must be back on Endor, which confirms that they're using elements from George's VII plot.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I thought I was a fan but apparently not good enough.

Emperor/senator Palpatine is Lord sidious right?
Why does everyone refer to him as sheev? Wtf is sheev?

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Rey's not a Skywalker yet. She'll ask Force Ghost Luke if she can use the name because the galaxy needs them

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely feels like a troll on Rian. You wanted to imply anyone can be special?? naw son rise of the fuckin skywalkers

also you killed my new emperor so I'm brining back the og

I think people who predicted JJ to backtrack into nostalgia were spot on

Hey man he's just

SUBVERTING

EXPECTATIONS

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Right?! Lmaoooooooooooo
And it will be fully operational by the time Skywalker's friends arrive.

DRR-1WPUEAAw7lW.jpg-large.jpeg

first thing I thought of lmao

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Good...Good...

Anyway it's a Star Wars trailer, it's total misdirection folks

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Man they really have no original ideas if they're bringing back Palpatine.

The game and TV show are our only hope.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
They have been going in on the whole operation cinder in the EU for a while. Doubt we will be seeing a live Palpatine running around. Please don't have a live Palpatine running around.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone thinking this means Rey is a Skywalker. I doubt it.

Most likely it's Kylo and Rey teaming up to take down, uh...Palpatine. The Skywalker legacy is finally fulfilled.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought that line at the beginning of the Force Awakens teaser sounded more like a Palptine thing than a Snoke one