• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Update comes out tomorrow, April 29th,

Scarif (Co-Op, Supremacy, IA, HvV, HS)
Age of Rebellion Supremacy & IA
Instant Action Missions
Crait HvV
Shoretrooper & Pathfinder

More here:
battlefront-forums.ea.com

STAR WARS™ | Forum | EA Answers HQ | EN

Talk with the community on the EA's STAR WARS™ forums.

7ucdeoyj8egs.gif

7kfywm8o5f5m.gif

bnssj4g8c5cm.gif

If you're looking for a place to hangout and play the update, the Star Wars Era OT has a Discord and we set up a few channels in preparation for the update:

Join the Roman Empire Era Discord Server!

Check out the Roman Empire Era community on Discord - hang out with 62 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.

Last edited:

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
7kfywm8o5f5m.gif

Ugh, I still hate that "Skywalker" at the end of Rey's name.

Thanks TROS...

Rogue One planet looks neat at least.

OP
OP
Ryan.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This seems to be the last update for BF2

7kfywm8o5f5m.gif

Ugh, I still hate that "Skywalker" at the end of Rey's name.

Thanks TROS...

Rogue One planet looks neat at least.

I hate to break it to you but if one thing was going to be planned in this trilogy it was this. There is stuff in Art books hinting that she was always going to be a Skywalker in some way.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
The video makes it seem like it'll be a final big update. That would be sad if true. Battlefront II has turned out to be one of the better Star Wars games out there. Hopefully they can take what they learned and make a next-gen Battlefront with it.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Last update? Fuck, I thought there were lines with ahsoka and Padme. Hopefully in the 3rd game then.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, was hoping for Hooded Maul.

This game ended up being an incredible value. I must have dumped hundreds of hours into the multiplayer, which is something I rarely do. The most fun I've had online along with FFXIV.

OP
OP
Ryan.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if it's a coincidence or planned long ago that this and BF5 would end support at the same time.

This game turned out to be amazing in the end, every Star Wars fan should play it.

The microtransaction scandal may have been solved but every single gameplay complaint still applies.

Also I just realized this means no more Starfighter Assault maps. What a waste.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Battlefront really should be like Super Smash Bros for Star Wars. There's so many characters and locations and it would be great if BFIII can be the "Ultimate" game.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

twitter.com

Dennis Brännvall on Twitter

“Star Wars fans and friends, thank you for everything. I will miss you so much.”

DICE ending BFront 2 content pipeline and BFV being snuffed out... Studios full capacity moved to work on next Battlefield?

Edit: Well... Dex's post more or less confirms it

Z6E1Z9O

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Looks like this will be the last update that adds content to the game, it was a good run, thanks dice!

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Really glad to see how far Battlefront has come. No Ahsoka still kinda hurts tho.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This game is $8 on XBL right now. I think I'm going to go for it, now that I'm a bigger Star Wars fan now than I was when the first Battlefront game was released.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
Wonder if it's a coincidence or planned long ago that this and BF5 would end support at the same time.
Yeah, it seems a bit odd that BFV is having a final update so soon, especially since DICE said they are releasing a new game in 2021. Normally I would expect the previous game to be supported with new content until the next game releases, but it could be a whole other year or so till we see the new BF game.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hats off to the team at DICE for turning this game around over the last two years. it's one of my favorite multiplayer shooters ever.

Last update? Fuck, I thought there were lines with ahsoka and Padme. Hopefully in the 3rd game then.

If there is indeed a Battlefront 3, it'll likely feature heroes and maps from stuff like The Mandalorian. In which case Ahsoka will very likely be in the game since she'll be in season 2.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, sad that it's ending.
One of my favorite Star Wars games.

Hopefully the drop of further content support means they are shifting gears to start Battlefront 3 for next-gen

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Did they ever remove the ship phase from supremacy? I just wanna play conquest without a dragged out battle for the ships.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
shame they couldn't get more female characters in like Ahsoka, Padme, or Ventress

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
I'm quite disappointed this will be the last update regarding the heroes / villain characters. Ahaoka, Qui Gon, Mace should've been in there. Mando and Darth Revan would be sweet as well. I'm only disappointed because the game is so good right now and I don't want the support to end. For all we know the next game will start with fewer characters again :/

The game itself as it is right now is simply amazing, especially with how they turned things around. Well done DICE!

Jan 4, 2018
Would have prefered a Chancellor Palpatine skin and I don't understand why Galactic Assault is left in limbo like that. I never really liked Supremacy.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Credit to EA & DICE for continuing to stick with BF2. Everyone assumed they'd drop the game, but it's been continually getting really good update. Kudos to this team, and I hope get a shot to make BF3 and stick the landing at launch.