• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah a bit harsh and selfish, but I'm sure I'm not alone. I just don't support their preying upon consumers in such a condescending way.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a listing of how much HP the various Heroes and Classes have?

I keep seeing these Star Cards that say "Regenerate xx amount of health every time you kill an enemy", but it's difficult to know the value of those cards when I don't have any idea how much health the player characters have.

Between Dark Lord, Fueling the Rage, and Furious Resistance......Vader is going to shred through the Arcade Hard Modes.

mojo2

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Just you wait for the prices of the DLC heroes. Remember we PAID for the ones we just had to fight for. Imagine the ones that we didn't pay for. Can't wait for the shitshow.
Nah. I don't even enjoy playing as heroes that much, I like regular classes.

I sure don't like the crystals but I don't mind buying the heroes now that you get money based on your performance.

Oct 27, 2017
This the dumbest and most ridiculous statement/idea I've seen on ERA so far. Congratulations.
So if I feel angered by their practices, I'm not allowed to voice my protest? Similar to a shitbag Hollywood star getting an OT after a recent scandal, I'm sure it'd be reasonable to expect a few objections.

But yes, I realize it isn't practical or fair to the people who will play it.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
So if I feel angered by their practices, I'm not allowed to voice my protest? Similar to a shitbag Hollywood star getting an OT after a recent scandal, I'm sure it'd be reasonable to expect a few objections.

But yes, I realize it isn't practical or fair to the people who will play it.
You are allowed to voice your protests, and there are 200 threads up about lootboxes that will allow you to do just that.

HypedBulborb

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Few more minutes till it releases here, very excited! What is the first thing you guys are jumping in to? I'll probably go with the campaign first, really liked the first missions.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Another update from DICE:

Dennis said:
Hey all,

I hope you're OK with me starting a new topic again. My last post got a few replies so I wanted to be sure my follow-up wasn't buried in that thread.

You asked me provide more details on exact hero prices for launch and so we've spent the day going over the data to ensure the numbers work out. I realize there's both confusion and reservation around how these systems work, so I want to be as clear and transparent as I possibly can.

The most important thing in terms of progression is that it's fun. No one wins if it's not. You play the game, you do your best and get rewarded based on your performance. You gain credits and spend them on whatever you want. If for some reason any of that isn't fun, we need to fix it and we will. I really appreciate the candid feedback over the last couple of days and I encourage you to keep sending it our way.

These are the credit cost for all locked heroes at launch. These prices are based on a combination of open beta data, early access data and a bunch of other metrics. They're aimed to ensure all our players have something fun to play for as we launch the game, while at the same time not supposed to make you feel overwhelmed and frustrated.

• Iden Versio - 5 000 credits
  • Chewbacca, Emperor Palpatine and Leia Organa - 10 000 credits
  • Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader - 15 000 credits
I also hear we're finally at a good point to host an AMA here on Reddit in the near future, which I know you've been asking for and I've wanted to do for a long time. Stay tuned for more info really soon.

Thank you so much for showing interest in our game and I sincerely hope you'll love Battlefront II.

See you in game,

Dennis

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cqgmw/followup_on_progression/

KINGofCRA5H

Oct 25, 2017
Napa, CA
DOjE_cmXkAcYAI7.jpg

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol if you were expecting anything but a 4-5 hour campaign. Why, because of the "new studio" hype? It's still a campaign for a heavily multiplayer FPS game.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Single player 4-5hr! I could be wrong but I am sure I read something about 10-12hrs in recent weeks?

Those two (early) review scores do not bode well.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
Well there you have it. Big bad evil EA actually was listening, and actually is changing the game based on feedback. Not sure why so many people thought there was such a lack of precedent for this when they made some pretty significant changes after the beta.

You realize this is exactly how they anticipated people would react and was the plan all along to minimize potential negative sentiment for their intrusive monetization and measly reward systems right? People keep falling for this and its just going to perpetuate the already rapidly accelerating race to the lowest common denominator of in game purchase systems. Here I was hoping to see gamers stop playing right into their hands and finally take a stand. Oh well there's always next year's inevitably worse implemented shoot bang release.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I really REALLY like the story in this campaign.
Just did the fourth mission and started the fifth and it feels so very Star Wars.

JHoNNy1OoO

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
WTF...

Electronic Arts clearly heard the uproar from the gaming community about the inflated costs of heroes, and slashed their prices by 75 percent. This is not a small tweak. It completely changes my take on the game – moving from an evil time sink to potentially reasonable. I need to dive back into all of the modes to see if any other changes were made.

For instance, during my review, completing the campaign earned players a unique loot crate that contained 20,000 credits. That reward is now 5,000 credits. A big change. What else is different?

Hopefully just an error? They can't be this stupid right?

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So, as someone who just found out about this game... Seems like they will end up revamping their MP reward systems down the line due to all the outrage. Is it worth buying now with Amazon's discount to ~$50? Think this game will go on a better sale within the next 2-3 months?

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I really REALLY like the story in this campaign.
Just did the fourth mission and started the fifth and it feels so very Star Wars.

That's refreshing to hear after all this noise. All I want is a Star Wars "movie".

I'm too sleepy to jump into the game now, but I will play the campaign tomorrow.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
all this Hero unlock and microtransaction controversy is overshadowing the game...hopefully it won't destroy the game...reminds me a bit of the Evolve game where the microtransaction controversy pre-release destroyed people's opinions

JHoNNy1OoO

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
So, as someone who just found out about this game... Seems like they will end up revamping their MP reward systems down the line due to all the outrage. Is it worth buying now with Amazon's discount to ~$50? Think this game will go on a better sale within the next 2-3 months?

It'll be on sale when the movie is released. I'd wait it out.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Well there you have it. Big bad evil EA actually was listening, and actually is changing the game based on feedback. Not sure why so many people thought there was such a lack of precedent for this when they made some pretty significant changes after the beta.

Ok come on.... There were no "significant changes" after the beta. There is no precedent for them changing things in the right way. Things are still quite messed up. Until I see the progression system further tweaked passed simply lowering the cost of heroes, I think it's safe to say we aren't out of this yet. Merely lowering the cost of top heroes was a small, immediate step for them to be able to say "we made changes! Look!" And it's great that they made one change already. But we need more.

They have spoken about tweaking the progression system further, and until that is done there is no "well there you have it" moment.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I added the Review Thread to the OP. Someone @ me when the PC Performance and DigitalFoundry threads go up.

JackRandom

Oct 26, 2017
all this Hero unlock and microtransaction controversy is overshadowing the game...hopefully it won't destroy the game...reminds me a bit of the Evolve game where the microtransaction controversy pre-release destroyed people's opinions
These factors are core to the game experience, progression is, by definition, a huge part of the game.