• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
Or should i wait for black friday or something to get it cheaper lol

i don't really play multiplayer games but i'm interested in the bundle because i love Star Wars and it has both games, so is it worth it? and does both games have active user base?

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can't speak to Battlefront 1, but from what I understand the Battlefront 2 player base is a bit bigger on PS4.

On PC last night my friends were trying to play BF2 and the game couldn't find enough people to populate a match. We waited a good 10-20 mins before giving up.

But on PS4 you may not run into this problem. I think maybe the game being gated behind Origin on PC might have something to do with it.

The game is awesome btw, both are. Great value this deal has.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I think this the one with the PSVR level, I got the game only for that, and it was good.

Apr 8, 2018
Absolutely imo. Worth it for BF2 alone.

You can see the player count for BF1 here: http://swbstats.com/ Don't think there's anything similar to see BF2's player count, but I'd imagine you won't have a hard time finding a match.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
"Are two tripple AAA games that each cost $60 at release worth $7.50?"

Really? And people are surprised that more and more companies turn to free-to-play or MTX for their games, if this is the mindset of the core gaming community in 2019?

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
So how are is it to get into this game as a complete newbie (i.e. not in terms of shooters, but zero star cards and upgrades)?

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Really? And people are surprised that more and more companies turn to free-to-play or MTX for their games, if this is the mindset of the core gaming community in 2019?
One is basically MP only and the MP is dead. The other has a crappy campaign and only worth it for the MP which while not dead probably not gonna be healthy with a other Xmas looming.

Is it worth it is absolutely a good question.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely, BF2 alone is worth that just for the single player. The multiplayer in both games is fun as well.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
For sure especially since they just keep adding more content to Battlefront 2. It's getting a co-op mode this month and new content from the new movie in December among other things.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
One is basically MP only and the MP is dead. The other has a crappy campaign and only worth it for the MP which while not dead probably not gonna be healthy with a other Xmas looming.

Is it worth it is absolutely a good question.

We are talking about two video games, for less money than what a McDonald's meal costs.

Deleted member 48201

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2018

BF2 is the wrong game to defend with that logic. It was a $60 game full of P2W MTX.

Last edited:

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017

Gotta agree with this!

Also, Star Wars Battlefront on the PS4 is AMAZING! One of my favorite MP games this gen!

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
BF2 is the wrong game to defend with that logic. It was a $60 game full P2W MTX.

I was more talking about the general perception of value in games that I see these days, and which i find pretty concerning tbh (both as someone who works in games and who enjoys to play big budget quality titles).

You are right ofc, the implementation of MTX in BF2 at launch was a terrible mistake, and the game paid dearly for that. Thankfully, it feels pretty good now, and they keep adding content frequently (with more on the way).

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
The price of a cheap cocktail or an expensive pint. Low risk so get it.

Personally I really enjoyed both games.