• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
This is the update where BB8 is going to somehow be a hero right?
Yeah I'm about to re-download lol
I hope they give us a XP event.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Do we know if we get a new Galactic Assault Map?
Im genuinely bummed that Capital Supremacy is the sole flagship mode and GA hasn´t been supported for a while now.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Is this game worth it now?

I accidentally let my Origin Premier sub lapse so I have another month to mess around with it, so might give this a shot over Christmas.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Give me maskless Kylo or riot

Especially since they refuse to let you buy TLJ skins even to this day.

Is this game worth it now?

I accidentally let my Origin Premier sub lapse so I have another month to mess around with it, so might give this a shot over Christmas.

Yeah it's great.

They added a lot of characters, modes, and remade the battle system.
All dlc is free and meaningful. No lootbox.

Also confirmed no bf3 for a while to focus on updating this.

The only thing that sucks is that you have to level up characters so you're a sitting duck until lv 10 :p. Triple exp going on right now though.

YES!

The new mode capital supremacy is great and theres always an active playerbase.

Coop, hero showdown ( 2v2 ), and capital supremacy made the game way cooler.

They're kind of letting galactic assault die as a result of these but so be it.

Also the ewok endor mode is hilarious.

Last edited:

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Honestly, I hope they eventually make it F2P, it would give the community and player base a huge boost.
If they keep the servers up, that playerbase could probably last for some time.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Such a shame that they have seemed to completely ditch Galactic Assault (the best mode in my opinion). I don't find capital supremacy to be all that much fun, plus it's limited (era locked heroes / no starfighters etc.) and it takes way too long in comparison to GA.

I was really hoping for a GA map for TROS to round out the rotation. Can't really imagine that TROS has no locales that would make a good fit for GA. It just seems like co-op (of all things) and CS are way less intensive to create. Just invest into making it for GA and then re-use it for CS/co-op etc.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Give me maskless Kylo or riot

Especially since they refuse to let you buy TLJ skins even to this day.
How do you get it normally because I bought The Celebration edition and it came with TLJ Kylo. The only one you couldn't get is unmasked TFA Kylo because it was a pre-order bonus apparently.

Jun 17, 2018
I'll re-download and give this another go but everyone is so fucking good at this game and I spend 90% of the game staring at the respawn screen! Any tips for a helpless noon?

Deleted member 1627

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll re-download and give this another go but everyone is so fucking good at this game and I spend 90% of the game staring at the respawn screen! Any tips for a helpless noon?
Spawn on your squad and pray.

Playing the officer and spamming the heal/stat boost will give you lots of points quick to level them up to competency and get a feel for the other classes when you invariably have had enough playing turret/healsman.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Such a shame that they have seemed to completely ditch Galactic Assault (the best mode in my opinion). I don't find capital supremacy to be all that much fun, plus it's limited (era locked heroes / no starfighters etc.) and it takes way too long in comparison to GA.

Starfighter Assault would like a word :'(

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
How do you get it normally because I bought The Celebration edition and it came with TLJ Kylo. The only one you couldn't get is unmasked TFA Kylo because it was a pre-order bonus apparently.

There is no unmasked TFA.

It's both TLJ. One with Cape and one with the bandaid thingy.

The superior Cape one cant be obtained by any means.

So I hope they give us IX Kylo without mask.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Starfighter Assault would like a word :'(

Starfighter assault like..
sRaEtcG.jpg

Starfighter assault does have a small yet dedicated playerbase though, in addition to having been developed by Criterion. I believe the playerbase for GA is still the highest among all modes, so I find Dice's decisions to be kinda baffling.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is no unmasked TFA.

It's both TLJ. One with Cape and one with the bandaid thingy.

The superior Cape one cant be obtained by any means.

So I hope they give us IX Kylo without mask.
Ah I never looked in detail so I just figured it was TFA.

I honestly prefer no cape but hopefully the release a costume you like. I hate when they never release pre-order DLC later. I really would like that Rey costume.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Psyched. Been quietly getting back on this on the lead up to TROS after finishing the (excellent) Fallen Order.

I'd happily just play as a Clone Commando 24/7.

Game has made quite the recovery.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Yeah, I think it's pretty whack that two key looks for Rey and Kylo are unobtainable. If they were some obscure costumes, I could see it, but we're talking their main outfits from TLJ.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

I was really hoping for a GA map for TROS to round out the rotation. Can't really imagine that TROS has no locales that would make a good fit for GA. It just seems like co-op (of all things) and CS are way less intensive to create. Just invest into making it for GA and then re-use it for CS/co-op etc.

I actually am a big fan of era locked upgrades ....

It feels more immersive to me to have Anakin and Obiwan in clone wars skin facing off prequels era villains. It's sick.

But I understand for "gameplay" only people that want the competitive sides it limits things.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017

It feels more immersive to me to have Anakin and Obiwan in clone wars skin facing off prequels era villains. It's sick.

But I understand for "gameplay" only people that want the competitive sides it limits things.

I thought so too at first (pre-launch). But after getting used to it in GA, I don't mind it as much. If I feel like playing Vader I can do so on any map I want, which is cool. Thing is that era locked also introduced some balancing problems in terms of heroes. E.g. a good Anakin is virtually impossible to beat with Maul or Dooku, while Vader can dumpster him if played well.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I thought so too at first (pre-launch). But after getting used to it in GA, I don't mind it as much. If I feel like playing Vader I can do so on any map I want, which is cool. Thing is that era locked also introduced some balancing problems in terms of heroes. E.g. a good Anakin is virtually impossible to beat with Maul or Dooku, while Vader can dumpster him if played well.

They nerfed Anakin hard (and made passionate strike virtually useless now) so he will have a hard time killing you as long as you don't let him force pull you once. :p

But yet again, you know that Anakin is T H E target so teaming up with your partners to take him down is cool. I like those strategies.

GA is more chaotic and a bit more frustrating I think if you're not hardcore.

Whenever they end up adding Ashoka and Asajj it should be sick.

And I can't wait to see Supremacy for Sequel and OT content too !

Pat

Oct 27, 2017
what are the spaceship modes in this game? do they have healthy playerbases?

Only one ship mode (24 players). I played a lot, I don't like the base game but the spaceship gameplay is so good.

Unfortunately, it's dead on PC... I played last month during my Premiere sub for Fallen Order and the matchmaking was never able to fulfill the player slots.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018

To be fair, i would have zero issue with era locked heroes (for the same reasons you stated) if CS would have any Maps that are not from the PT-Era.
With how long the games can go, it really can get a tad repetitive to play the same 4 heroes & villains for hours on end.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, i would have zero issue with era locked heroes (for the same reasons you stated) if CS would have any Maps that are not from the PT-Era.
With how long the games can go, it really can get a tad repetitive to play the same 4 heroes & villains for hours on end.

It's coming.

CS was an experimentation and apparently it has become more popular than a lot of other modes so they will add and port other maps from other eras.

Eventually it's gonna be pretty fun to roll them around.

We have to remember all of this is literally FREE so patience is the least we can give them.

Where I'm not patient is when they removed Anakin's footsteps when he sprints for the past 5 months and it's still not fixed :p .

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
I really want the new treadspeeder vehicle added. That chase scene from Rise of the Skywalker looks amazing. I'd like to see Criterion get back to their racing/combat roots.

F8RGE

EA
Verified
Feb 20, 2018
Stockholm

CS arrives for the ST era in January.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I really enjoy playing this game on the PC, but I have to play it with lag because South American servers aren't very populated so I have to play in at least 140 ping servers, sometimes higher.

I'm still having a blast though. PS4 has a higher player count, so I jump there from time to time, but the visuals on PC are just so gorgeous

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
That was a fucking nice trailer. I'm super hyped for Rise of Skywalker. Kylo ren is awesome

No Spoilers in the trailer btw

I wish playing a hero was as fun as battlefront 1. Here you die Very fast which made me leave the game in disappointment

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The trailer was pretty good.

But damn it's just gonna be mask Kylo huh. Even though he doesn't have the mask in his new big battle against Rey. T.T

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played since launch, what was all that story looking stuff in the trailer? Is that in game? New story mode? Or is it just map intros/machinima?

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I just wish we were getting new blasters (or the 24 default blasters fully developed into blasters for every faction with mods).

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
That was pretty great. Good mood-setter for TROS this week whether you're in to Battlefront or not.

Oct 27, 2017
Great trailer, nice to see something that gives Finn some overdue due.

The music arrangement of the ST themes, then the OT themes, is pretty great.

The game really looks like this, too, even if the animation produced here ends up not being attached to any of the game modes.