• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Ryan.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That's a shame; but it's probably enough for me to buy the game. What's the most popular/best game mode these days? If I remember correctly the big complaints (after the initial microtransactions) were lack of fun game types and a lot of the maps being poorly designed or something.

I would say either Galactic Assault or Capital Supremacy are the most popular.

Jul 24, 2018

"It was said that the 501st got the best of the war... we also got the worst. On Felucia, the seps dug their metal heels into the muck of that alien Hell-hole and dared the Republic to come in after them... so we did, only to be met with the month after month of flesh-eating diseases, shrieking nocturnal predators, and other sights that haunt me to this day. Cut off and for all we know, abandoned by our superiors, our only hope was Aayla Secura, our Jedi commander. Without her iron will, none of us would have made it out of that mess with our sanity... or our lives. When her death came, I hope it was quick. She earned that much."

Nov 4, 2018
The way Battlefront 2 has been handling its post launch services is how I wish everyone else was doing it.

-New characters and maps are given instantly, no stupid "optional" grind to earn them for free.

-All skins can be earned with the ingame currency, nothing has a limited time availability.

-All cosmetics are worth something. There aren't any filler cosmetics like emblems or sprays.

I'm scared that a future BF game will adopt an Apex Legends style service and I sincerely hope they don't. It's ironic to say this, but BF2 has become my defining example of how to do a post launch service.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
Game keeps delivering.
It is the only FPS game that I'm playing atm.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
The way Battlefront 2 has been handling its post launch services is how I wish everyone else was doing it.

-New characters and maps are given instantly, no stupid "optional" grind to earn them for free.
That's only true recently. I had to grind for Dooku.

What I want to see is more OT content. Even if they just ported some of the OT maps from BF 2015 across. Everything has been Clone focused for ages and as much as I missed them during BF2015, I'd like them to vary the content a little bit.

Last edited:

Tayaya

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I haven't popped this in since about 3-4 weeks after it launched. I loved what I was playing but none of my friends were also playing it, so I moved on to something that they were. Time to pop it back in I think!

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
How did I miss this trailer. So happy to see the big update today. New large map and Co op mode is just what the doctor ordered. God if they give us a December update and 3/4 more next year this game is going to be one of the best out there! Keep it up!

Much better then getting a half baked BF3 this holiday or next holiday. Support the title, take your time with BF3 and blow us away with it on the ps5.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
It's honestly amazing how much genuine quality content this skeleton crew keeps on throwing out. With how the games community just keeps crowing, I really wish EA would give them some extra staff or support.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Just tried the updated game on my 1X.

Single player mode is great now - my kids will love Instant Action.

However I'm sad that the new co-op mode doesn't offer a private option. Would be great if I could keep it closed so my kids can just play with their friends.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
In the new single player battles, does anyone know what the various boxes at the bottom are for when you respawn that say "no player".

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
FYI this is $6 on US PSN until Oct 15.

guess i'll buy it now LOL. i think i'll get some friends to play thru co-op.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
I played the crap out of this game last weekend for the first time in a while and I had so much fun. The co op mode is fantastic. Thank you EA for sticking with it.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I gotta say Co-Op mode has been the best addition to the Multiplayer by far. Once you get a Hero/Villain it becomes insanely fun to wipe the floor.
I already did my share of MP when the game first came out but now it is not fun to play most of the modes due to the many players having the best cards in their roster.

Last edited:

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
For six bucks, this may be the deal of the year on the PS store. The amount of content you get for that price is staggering, and the game looks and plays absolutely phenomenally to boot.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina

"It was said that the 501st got the best of the war... we also got the worst. On Felucia, the seps dug their metal heels into the muck of that alien Hell-hole and dared the Republic to come in after them... so we did, only to be met with the month after month of flesh-eating diseases, shrieking nocturnal predators, and other sights that haunt me to this day. Cut off and for all we know, abandoned by our superiors, our only hope was Aayla Secura, our Jedi commander. Without her iron will, none of us would have made it out of that mess with our sanity... or our lives. When her death came, I hope it was quick. She earned that much."

Maaan I loved the 501'st stories.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It's currently on sale for 7 dollars / 9 euros.

Needless to say you get all the dlc for free etc...

I finally got it after being iffy on it for years.

The game is honestly a literal steal at this price point.

And if you don't like competitive multiplayer, the coop stuff is pretty fun.

DICE trashed their reputation with this game and many people gave up (legitimately) on it, but they are doing everything right. Impressed.

Also, they completely remade the melee combat in case you hated how it used to be played, it's really fun now. Takes a lot of cues from other SW games.

Sometimes I get the rush I felt back in the Jedi Academy MP. So that's saying something as I thought the original battle system of BF 2 was the worst thing ever.