• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Included:
- Felucia Map for Capital Supremacy
- Clone Commando Reinforcement
- SP Instant Action for Clone Wars Era Maps
- 4 Player Online Co-Op Mode "Adventure" across Clone Wars Era Maps

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yeah, I picked this up recently on PC and I'm really digging how they've managed to turn everything around. The game's awesome.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
The gift that keeps on giving, very nice! Personally I'm not interested in the SP/co-op stuff, but a lot of people wanted it apparently, so good got them!
Felucia looks awesome!

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Wait when did they add the classic BF2 command post game mode to the game?!

OP
OP
Ryan.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Back in March. All the Clone Wars maps have it. The twist is though that the command posts is only the first half of the mode. The second half involves invading a the enemy's capital ship to win. The SP Instant Action version releasing this week is just command posts though.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This all looks amazing. Ready for that Episode IX content too that they teased at the end

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
This game is great, I keep coming back with every update.

Too bad they hurt themselves so much with the initial launch :(

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Glad that they're still pumping out new content because I'm sure the player base will get a huge jump once episode 9 comes out.

Oct 29, 2017
Looks cool but I wish the OT timeline would get more love. Pretty much all the post launch support has been clone wars stuff.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Man, I haven't touched this game since a couple months after launch - no fault on the game, which I enjoyed, I just prioritized other things. Maybe I should give this another go. I assume the player base on PS4 is healthy across most modes?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
This is exciting. I wish I could get into the combat more. I don't know what they changed between these new ones and the originals, but I last about five seconds alive before someone one shots me from the other side of the map.

The hero and ship battles were still fun, though.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017

Give us Bespin Fatigues Luke, you cowards!

dpfitOX.jpg

Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully I didn't delete the game to gain some storage space. I like jumping in for a bit during each new update. It's a very fun game in spurts that's for sure.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed that a lot of the mode updates focus on the Clone Wars planets. Does anyone know why this is the case and why older planets aren't accessible?

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Still my go-to game, they really turned the ship around.

Shame that Felucia is not available for GA.

Only thing that bothers me a bit is the current state of lightsaber combat and the lack of skins.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah. I'm glad they stuck with the game and turned it around, it's a crazy fun time, especially the Clone Wars maps. I just wish they had more appearance options for the Stormtroopers, compared to the Clones they're really lacking in that department for some reason. More weapons or weapon variations for each class would also be nice.

Why wont they add real ground to space flight and let us start ships instead of magically spawning in them in the air?

Probably limitations with the Frostbite engine if I had to guess. Maybe they'll make it possible if we ever get Battlefront 3.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Glad the game is getting more content but I do hope they shift focus to the OT and ST now, I've had enough of the PT.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Have they still not added new weapons (infantry) to the game? That's the major problem i had with it.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to play this. I'm super excited for all the new stuff but I'm especially happy they brought back the classic Instant Action from the old games. I'm surprised it doesn't mention it comes along with improved enemy AI and Hero AI.

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018

Not really. You capture points then warp to the enemy's ship to destroy a couple points.

It can be fun but I've played rounds that lasted 2 hours because it was just a total stalemate.

They do need to add a regular capture point map for all eras instead of this new hybrid mode.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Back in March. All the Clone Wars maps have it. The twist is though that the command posts is only the first half of the mode. The second half involves invading a the enemy's capital ship to win. The SP Instant Action version releasing this week is just command posts though.

Not really. You capture points then warp to the enemy's ship to destroy a couple points.

It can be fun but I've played rounds that lasted 2 hours because it was just a total stalemate.

They do need to add a regular capture point map for all eras instead of this new hybrid mode.

That's a shame; but it's probably enough for me to buy the game. What's the most popular/best game mode these days? If I remember correctly the big complaints (after the initial microtransactions) were lack of fun game types and a lot of the maps being poorly designed or something.

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
That's a shame; but it's probably enough for me to buy the game. What's the most popular/best game mode these days? If I remember correctly the big complaints (after the initial microtransactions) were lack of fun game types and a lot of the maps being poorly designed or something.

the microtransactions didn't make it into the full game (except premium currency for skins). The 2 big battle modes are the aforementioned Capital Ship Takedown and Galactic Assault. GA has your holding points, locking onto big targets like AT-ATs with special rockets then shooting those targets or going up to consoles and holding the Use button. There are smaller scale team deathmatches, hero battles, and Ewok hunt.

Space battles were my favorite but they aren't as populated as the other modes so you often load into empty servers.

The game does feel good though, and the battles can get intense, the GA objectives do break up the generic capture points but sometimes I just want a mode that focuses on those battles without the objectives.

It does go on sale for $5 and it is definitely worth it.