• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That was so fucking good. Wonder if that's just like a straight digital recreation of a scene from the film.

I believe they usually get the stuff from concept art of the movie, and go from there. If it matches the movie version or not will probably be coincidence.

Cowards keep advertising Starfigther Assault even tho they refuse to add new maps or update the mode. Best mode has been left to die sadly. :(

Yeah, this confuses me too.

When Criterion left, did they literally just delete all their code and ran? Why wouldn't DICE just pick up where they left off?

treemasterx

Nov 16, 2017
That's a pretty fun trailer, but this earlier trailer is still better:

Good Trailer though, I might buy the game now.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hasn't this been $5 a few times. How the hell do they get off charging $40 now.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this game is one of the best looking video games made till date. Might hop back on for a match or two after seeing this

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this game is one of the best looking video games made till date. Might hop back on for a match or two after seeing this
I 100% agree with you there.
The problem I have with it and all the other Frostbite games are that they don't "feel" good to play, namely the shooting mechanics. I gave Battlefield 3 AND 4 and shot and they just didn't have that oomph. Same with the first Battlefront. With that said, I'm excited to get friends together for VS AI since it looks so good

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When Criterion left, did they literally just delete all their code and ran? Why wouldn't DICE just pick up where they left off?
Unsure but to put things in perspective, the last SA content was the D'Qar map from TLJ Season which was only A MONTH after the game released in 2017.

lucas_hood

Mar 20, 2018
Last time I played, the game crashed when I tried to open loot boxes and I remembering rage quitting cause I died within seconds of even going into a fight lol I'm totally reinstalling as we speak

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I bought the game 2 weeks ago on PS4 because I thought the player base would be larger there, but the controller aiming is killing me.
I should have bought it on PC, but I fear getting annihilated by KB/M warriors.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
The trailers for these things are never not hype. I probably don't have enough time to play more than one online shooter and thats COD for me right now. But is there cross-play?

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The trailers for these things are never not hype. I probably don't have enough time to play more than one online shooter and thats COD for me right now. But is there cross-play?

No cross play. Maybe it might get some with Steam when that version happens, but I doubt it will ever happen with console.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up for any Australians interested in this, I tried it out with Origin premier (which I got for Fallen Order) and the game is dead on PC at least. Played the campaign and then uninstalled.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Me: "I should reinstall this and try it again, haven't played it in 2 years"

also me: has to surf era for 5+ minutes while "optimizing shaders" two separate times before I get in a game

also me: mouse input freaks out and spins continuously. game crashes.

why do you make it so hard to love you PC?

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Is this game completely mindless like the first Battlefront? Just seemed like everyone died in that one every few seconds and every game was just a battle of mindless attrition.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
that is a really good trailer
almost makes me want to dive in again
2f1179a2cc04545b08c111454cff1376.gif

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Last time I played, the game crashed when I tried to open loot boxes and I remembering rage quitting cause I died within seconds of even going into a fight lol I'm totally reinstalling as we speak

If they still haven't fixed the endless hero unit spam you will because your regular unit will die over and over

God I rage quit hard at that

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
I tried the solo campaign and kept getting wrecked... even on easy and quit at the spaceship level. I guess I shouldn't play this as it was Destiny. This trailer makes me wanna give it another try.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bf2 is the game i most played this gen, but i only play galactic assault and capital supremacy, so i'm most interested in the new map for it in january

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I need to contact EA support. Again. I contacted them 3 or 4 times earlier this year when Apex Legends launched in order to delete my old EA account (which is tied to an email I no longer have) so that I could relink it to my current EA account instead. I'm effectively soft-banned from every EA game that uses an internet connection, which is practically all of them except for Jedi Fallen Order.

They told me the processes just required me to delete my old EA account and it would free up my Xbox Live and PSN to link to a brand new one. That hasn't been the case... :(

But I'm feeling some Star Wars fever right now and really wanna play some Battlefront 2 — even interested in paying up to the Celebration Edition for all the unlocks. Sigh.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
How much is this game? I got it with Origin Basic (which I never signed up for, confused by that), but I want to play with friends and I can't really find a price.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
I didnt get the game when it was like a 8 euro. Regret it atm.

Got a 30% code so may use that on this complete edition. Does anyone have a link to what cosmetics have been released ? Besides that does complete edition unlock the better star cards etc?

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I didnt get the game when it was like a 8 euro. Regret it atm.

Got a 30% code so may use that on this complete edition. Does anyone have a link to what cosmetics have been released ? Besides that does complete edition unlock the better star cards etc?

ALL cosmetics in the game and in this update are unlocked with the Celebration upgrade/DLC. Except for a few emotes or poses that are rotated via achievements (ie: kill 20 people with Yoda's saber for an emote) and some pre-order stuff.

No gameplay related unlocks/star cards can be bought at all. It is 100% earned, but insanely easy to get to even to max out a few characters, especially when they run xp boosting events. I think the only 2 locked skins left are Leia's princess and Luke's farmboy. Those are earned via in-game achievements below.

December's calendar
9wxroo2u0n141.png

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
ALL cosmetics in the game and in this update are unlocked with the Celebration upgrade/DLC. Except for a few emotes or poses that are rotated via achievements (ie: kill 20 people with Yoda's saber for an emote) and some pre-order stuff.

No gameplay related unlocks/star cards can be bought at all. It is 100% earned, but insanely easy to get to even to max out a few characters, especially when they run xp boosting events. I think the only 2 locked skins left are Leia's princess and Luke's farmboy. Those are earned via in-game achievements below.

December's calendar
9wxroo2u0n141.png

Thank you! :)

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, been having fun.

Hot take though: I kinda wish this game didn't have heroes..........

These fuckers are so hard to kill, and they always disrupt my game when they pop in and start flying around doing stupid shit. One guy was Palpatine for the whole game with maxed out Palpatine cards. Stupid lightning constantly.

And why the shit do heroes GAIN health? Like..........................wut? There should be no way to gain health back. You go in, have your fun, and then die and someone else gets a chance. Not this constant hogging.