• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
So is this about clones that ended up not being "wired or brainwashed" correctly so they didn't turn on the jedi? Sorry I didn't watch Clone Wars.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The captions mention that the kids name is Omega. Probably implying this is the Empire's last attempt at cloning soldiers.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
So is this about clones that ended up not being "wired or brainwashed" correctly so they didn't turn on the jedi? Sorry I didn't watch Clone Wars.

A "defective" Batch of clones that where used for Black Ops because their defects made them excel in specific areas, and yes, they did not have any control chips implants

Oct 25, 2017
rex :)

since I saw some interest...
Clone Wars watch guide again for new people considering getting into that series:
GzqWjeD.jpg

Last edited:

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Show itself looks cool, I really enjoyed the later seasons of Clone Wars (even the early stuff was cool but it definitely picked up steam after season 4ish)

But god if that kid in the trailer is a Palpatine clone, I'm so over it.
Palpatine clones were always a dumb idea you can't change my mind.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Show itself looks cool, I really enjoyed the later seasons of Clone Wars (even the early stuff was cool but it definitely picked up steam after season 4ish)

But god if that kid in the trailer is a Palpatine clone, I'm so over it.
Palpatine clones were always a dumb idea you can't change my mind.

My guess he's a defective Jango clone, just like Clone Force 99. They all look pretty different.

16bitnova

Oct 28, 2017
I recognized the name echo and also Tick I believe, from the Clone Wars episodes in like season 3. Are some of the other ones new to this show or am I just not far enough along in the clone wars show? (I'm on season 3)

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I recognized the name echo and also Tick I believe, from the Clone Wars episodes in like season 3. Are some of the other ones new to this show or am I just not far enough along in the clone wars show? (I'm on season 3)

The rest of the squad is introduced in the final season of Clone Wars

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
YO 70 minutes premier!?
All in one episode!?
So they are kinda doing a movie before the actual series then, like how they did it with TCW.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm Disappointed it's a cartoon and from the clone wars era. But at least they put some money into making the animation look high budget.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
looks good, i just finished Rebels about 2 weeks ago after watching Clone Wars and Rebels for the first time ever, so I'm definitely ready for more animation

its also cool stuff like Battle for Endor and the early Clone Wars stuff is coming to Disney+ soon

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Oh HELL yes!
Honestly, we're never gonna get closer to a Republic Commando-ish show than this, so excited.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Does the Bad Batch also age as fast as regular clone?
I don't remember if that was ever addressed in their 4 episodes in the final season of TCW.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Won't be surprised if Ahsoka and Vader makes an appearance in this show.

I feel like Vader is a gimme. I wonder if they'll bring anything from his comics into the show, since one of the newer series took place at the same time this seems to.

Actually, having this + Mando + Obi + the rest is going to be really cool as it's the first time they'll really get to deep dive into the shared universe. Before they only had the movies and one series going at the same time, now they can pull from and coordinate series and films like they do the comics and books already. Hence Fennec showing up here.

This is a very long way of saying I'm REALLY hoping one of these new shows winds up with Aphra.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
this doesn't feel like a trailer to a TV series but to a movie, the quality on the animation is too good

Nov 27, 2020
i mean the last four episodes sure, but there is definitely a difference in quality with this and normal clone wars
Clone Wars is a show that made huge leaps in animation quality from season to season. If you go back and look at the theatrical movie or the first season it practically looks like a different show. I'd say though that the lighting they had starting around season 4 (see the Umbara arc, for example), elevated it well beyond most TV CGI at the time, and it's pretty much stayed out towards the head of the pack since.

Shorty11857

Oct 25, 2017
Still need to finish Clone Wars and watch Rebels, is this set after Clone Wars or later in the timeline?

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
JFC that animation quality, insane.

And a 70 min premiere, I'm treating this like a theatrical release in my own living room lol.

A M P E D