• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
not a lot really to go on but i'm down if its good. god i hope it's good

the logo at the end is neat too, somewhat less than legible since you can totally just see it as a tiny | instead of an o but yeah why not, ill read some of the reception

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
This looks crisp! The designs, fx and style just looks nice.
Kind of wild to have shows with production values like this.
Looking forward to this now.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Finally Stormtroopers that are scary. Rogue One was a good step but the Suicide Squad was too strong still. This might go all the way.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
It looks good and high budget but my god they need to move on from these same time periods.

Do we really need yet another piece of media set before ANH about standing up to the Empire and the start of the rebellion?

Like, imagine if the bad guys in some Star Wars media were something new and not Stormtroopers! 😱

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks good and high budget but my god they need to move on from these same time periods.

Do we really need yet another piece of media set before ANH about standing up to the Empire and the start of the rebellion?

Yes please. It's super interesting,

But you're probably waiting for The Acolyte then.

100 years before Phantom Menace.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
just finished up The Bad Batch (wonderful btw) so definitely excited to see more of the darker side of the Rebels coming up and the Empire expanding.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
Looks good. Too bad they couldn't have done this with an original character who we don't already know the outcome of their story..

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I feel like the problem for me is not that I know how Cassian ends but rather that I did not care one ounce about him and his end.

I hope that expanding on him in this show is effective enough to change that.

In a sense I'm going to this show expecting to get to know the character from scratch, because there really was nothing in there in RO

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if these are actual clones or the rando military replacements wearing clone armor.
Because if they are clones, Temura stays eating lol.

downloadsskfb.gif

Oct 29, 2017
The writers for BCS are not walking through the door here...
Sure, but a show doesn't have to be a prestige character drama to tell stories that are about more than life and death. This being a sort of a spy story and whatnot rather than full on war, there are probably plenty of ways for him to fail or succeed without mortal danger for him. And there's still chance he fails to save others similarly to how James Bond, Ethan Hunt, etc get paired with "vulnerable" people who create that tension instead the heroes.

Last edited:

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, if you turn on the captions on YouTube for the trailer, you get some character names: Stellan Skarsgård plays Luthen and Harry Potter's aunt plays Maarva. The guy with the hammers at the beginning is the Time Grappler.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
They could always make them Dee Bradley Baker, but Tem would feel more natural yeah

They could but I doubt it. They would have already had Temura around doing Mando S2 and BoBF while Andor was also filming!
Could totally see them asking him to record a few lines during some down time between filming.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if these are actual clones or the rando military replacements wearing clone armor.
Because if they are clones, Temura stays eating lol.

downloadsskfb.gif

To be fair, if the Clones never take their helmets off they could still be voiced by Dee Bradley Baker. Even in Battlefront 2, he voiced the Clones while Temura voiced Boba.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I still don't why this show has so much talent behind it but I'm ready. Just gonna keep pretending this is about Andor's twin brother who has the same name cause goddamn I don't care about that guy who died in Rogue One.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Still not hyped on this show but that was a great trailer and it has me a lot more optimistic about it. The budget for this looks pretty insane. I didn't care for Cassian much in Rogue One but at least this is a cool opportunity to see more of the Star Wars galaxy during this time period. And maybe they'll win me over with the character.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Love how so many people's opinions have changed after seeing the trailer lmaoooo

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know anything about this guy (He was in Rogue One? Movie was a blur to me), but it looks pretty so sure I'll watch it

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling palpy is gonna be the star of this

Will be kept a secret til episode 1 airs

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
I adore the music and the vibe this is giving. It very much reminds me of the hunger games with the desperate districts being held down, a very 'fuck the man' vibe and I love it.