• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what you're talking about Op.

MgESKBZ.gif

Oh damn you were not kidding. Didn't realize star trek was like that back then. I only started watching with the modern movie series

ROFL

Level 7 Boss

Jun 19, 2018
This thread is hilarious. I haven't watched TNG since I was a teen, always regarded it as my favourite Star Trek, probably due to all of this horny hilarity.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
So who's creation based on blending their own brand of utopian idealism with outright horniness did it better:

Gene Rodenberry, or William Moulton Marston?

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So much so that when Lwaxana went through menopause she infected an entire space station with sex frenzy.
I just loved that the actress playing her was married to Roddenberry and widow. Was a huge wtf moment for me as a kid.heh.

TNG improved immensely once Gene Roddenberry had no say over wardrobe.
That's factually wrong and you should feel bad. 😤. We need more camp not less, always more! Never enough.

(Joking)

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah DS9 had endless Dax, "I wonder how far down the spots go" jokes. That said, DS9 overall had less blatant "fan service" than TNG, Voyager, and Enterprise. Voyager had Seven of Double Ds and Enterprise had the blatant softcore "decontamination" scenes.

But yeah when I did my first TNG rewatch as an adult, I did't realize how horny it was and how they managed to escape the 80s & 90s network censors.

That said, Counselor Troi awakened the 8 year-old me.

Nov 11, 2017
Red letter Media posted a video of their top 5 TNG episodes yesterday which was enjoyable to watch.

Side note, I watched 'Clues' a few days ago and was thoroughly entertained.

Nov 25, 2017
Finland
Been on a ST binge lately and as a huge B5 cultist, I'd put on watching DS9 till now. It was weird. I think I liked seasons 5-6 the best. Although the whole Emissary shebang was very, very yawn.

That said, it kinda rubbed me the wrong way seeing Worf hitching up and Kira (who was my favourite through the DS9) with... Odo? Didn't get any kind of chemistry between these couples. Weird stuff.

But yeah, some of those TNG episodes, man. Couldn't get that shit made nowadays. I think its important, though, that it gets aired, because we need to remember where we come from and why we got to this point.

Oct 26, 2017
In Geordi's defense, the computer basically decides to create the Leah Brahms he experiences. All he asks for is a visual representation and the computer comes up with a whole personality that is 100% different from the actual person.

Maybe the computer assumes everything will be for sex and models all holo-characters after that. What Barclay did was way creepier.
The computer was so over it at that point, it just turned everything into a Riker Sex puppet.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
It was a very horny time. Quite a time to come of age.

My favorite thing about TNG is how pretty much all of them are sweethearts in real life. That cast had amazing chemistry and it really came through in the episodes.

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of this TNG zork-like text adventure game that I downloaded from some long lost bbs back in the day. Learned some new euphemisms/slang there for tween-me.

Oct 25, 2017
TNG improved immensely once Gene Roddenberry had no say over wardrobe.

Was less Gene Roddenberry and more William Ware Theiss, who was also on TOS and early TNG. Guy was probably just happy he got to go all out on the men's costumes in the 80s instead of only the women's. I don't think Roddenberry's lessened role was the reason he stopped, he died from AIDS-related complications a year or two after.

Dr. Soong's planet on Star Trek: Picard didn't get that you were joking.

I don't think "camp" really describes the problem with that planet.

Lucky Forward

Oct 27, 2017
Was less Gene Roddenberry and more William Ware Theiss, who was also on TOS and early TNG. Guy was probably just happy he got to go all out on the men's costumes in the 80s instead of only the women's. I don't think Roddenberry's lessened role was the reason he stopped, he died from AIDS-related complications a year or two after.

In the course of his career, Theiss was most famous for creating alluring female costuming that censors typically could not credibly forbid, employing what came to be called the "Theiss Titillation Theory": "The sexiness of an outfit is directly proportional to the perceived possibility that a vital piece of it might fall off."

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You know, I kind of keep wondering why nobody has made a parody yet, with creative editing and using American Dad's Avery Bullock, to replace Picard's voice :P.

HarryHengst

Oct 27, 2017
I tried to watch Star trek discovery but i couldn't understand why I wasn't enjoying it, but this thread cleared up for me why.