• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Started watching this now that i can, haven't seen it since i was a kid on TV, i'm still on episode 11 and like... fairly sure there have been already two sex planets, everyone's wearing skin tight clothes (or nothing at all equivalents), Riker and Tasha could definitely manhandle me, and Data legit was like "i can make you come in multiple ways you don't even know of" one time. Like, bro.

Whew

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Horniness has been a trademark of Star Trek as far back as TOS. TNG was just continuing what Gene started with Kirk.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
It's the 80s

Plus the first 2 seasons had some TOS phase 2 scripts used iirc, so some of them are prob meant for Kirk.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
tuhnqxx.jpg

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
S1 is pretty much just recycled stories from TOS, and TOS was REALLY horny.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Gene was really interested in that. He talked about it plenty of times.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I have no idea what you're talking about Op.

MgESKBZ.gif

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
TNG has an odd mix of horniness and cold distance. It's probably because Roddenberry was extremely horny but TNG had to have an air of professionalism and be family friendly for TV.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the first season is pretty horny.

And let's not forget about the sexual tension between Data and the Borg Queen in First Contact. She was thirsty as hell

Oct 25, 2017
DS9 is both more buttoned-up and much hornier, to say nothing of the Mirror Universe that's always five minutes away from a full-on orgy.

Ugh.

The first DS9 mirror mirror ep is pretty good, and turning Mirror Kira into such a narcissist that she wants to bone herself worked.

...and then they just turned that into "all women are bisexual in the mirror universe! Now make out!" claptrap.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Well, when you've solved the problem of scarcity, there's not much else to do. Except explore the universe, but I know what I'd rather be doing.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
Geordie is the Harry Kim of TNG as far as sex goes. Never gets laid and falls in love with a hologram.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
All Star Trek is horny. Pretty much every woman from TOS is a drop dead gorgeous 60's model, even random extras who just hold clipboards. TNG goes further with a lot more fanservice showing off boobs and butts. Deanna Troi was just....