• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Sep 5, 2021
Paramount+, the streaming service from ViacomCBS, revealed during today's Star Trek: Prodigy New York Comic Con panel that Daveed Diggs, Jameela Jamil, Jason Alexander and Robert Beltran have joined the season one voice cast with recurring roles. Diggs will voice Commander Tysess, Jamil will voice Ensign Asencia, Alexander will voice Doctor Noum and Beltran will reprise his Star Trek: Voyager role as Captain Chakotay.

Star Trek: Prodigy will premiere on Thursday, Oct. 28 with a one-hour premiere episode, exclusively for Paramount+ subscribers in the U.S. The series will also be available to stream on Paramount+ in international territories including Latin America, the Nordics and Australia.

In the one-hour series premiere which premiered during the panel for attendees, titled "Lost & Found," a group of lawless teens, exiled on a mining colony outside Federation space, discover a derelict Starfleet ship. Dal must gather an unlikely crew for their newfound ship if they are going to escape Tars Lamora, but the Diviner and his daughter Gwyn have other plans.

Daveed Diggs will voice Commander Tysess, an Andorian — Diggs is a Grammy and Tony-award winning member of the original Broadway cast of Hamilton, and currently stars on the TNT television adaptation of Snowpiercer.

Jameela Jamil will voice Ensign Asencia, a Trill — Jamil is best know in the United States for her portrayal of Tahani Al-Jamil in NBC's The Good Place, and is also one of the leads in the upcoming Disney+ Marvel Studios series She-Hulk.

Jason Alexander will voice Doctor Noum, a Tellarite — The actor still best known for his role as George Costanza on Seinfeld returns to Star Trek, after appearing as Kurros in the 1999 Voyager episode "Think Tank," and hosting the 1999 UPN special Ultimate Trek: Star Trek's Greatest Moments.

blog.trekcore.com

It's Official — Robert Beltran Returns for STAR TREK: PRODIGY as Captain Chakotay, Plus: More New Casting Reveals!

After weeks of rumors -- fueled by the actor himself -- it's finally official: VOYAGER's Robert Beltran returns for STAR TREK: PRODIGY as Captain Chakotay!

intl.startrek.com

Star Trek: Prodigy Announces New Voice Talent During NYCC

Attendees also saw the first episode of the series

Link for people outside the US:

Last edited:

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Glad Beltran is back. Would have thought he might not be welcome given how vocal he's been about Voyager's problems in the past. He deserves better.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
the real chekotay is dead and harry is the only survivor

jk i look forward to seeing him again

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly surprised Beltran wants anything to do with Trek, but that's neat. Maybe Harry will be a bartender on his ship's 10 Forward.

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I unironically liked Chakotay (and Beltran) despite the lack of material, so I'm glad to see him back and apparently on good enough terms to be back

OP
OP
Magister Xehanort
Sep 5, 2021
I'm surprised that so many people didn't know about Beltran's return as it "was announced" in August:

treknews.net

Robert Beltran Says He's Returning to Star Trek in 'Prodigy' - TREKNEWS.NET | Your daily dose of Star Trek news and opinion

It looks like Kate Mulgrew won’t be the only Voyager castmember returning to the Star Trek franchise in the upcoming animated series Star Trek: Prodigy. Robert Beltran, who played Chakotay on Voyager, appeared at the 55-Year Mission convention in Las Vegas on Sunday and dropped some big news...

Deleted member 14568

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised that so many people didn't know about Beltran's return as it "was announced" in August:

treknews.net

Robert Beltran Says He's Returning to Star Trek in 'Prodigy' - TREKNEWS.NET | Your daily dose of Star Trek news and opinion

It looks like Kate Mulgrew won’t be the only Voyager castmember returning to the Star Trek franchise in the upcoming animated series Star Trek: Prodigy. Robert Beltran, who played Chakotay on Voyager, appeared at the 55-Year Mission convention in Las Vegas on Sunday and dropped some big news...
people myself included thought he was joking guess not lol

Last edited:

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Star Trek is killing it with their series imo

Discovery has adventure
Lower Decks has comedy
and now Prodigy will have children's next-level CG.