• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
screenrant.com

Star Trek: Picard May Be Filming Seasons 2 & 3 Back-to-Back

John de Lancie spills the filming secrets.

According to John De Lancie anyway.

Q is coming back. As a matter of fact, for the last two weeks I have been filming on Picard and really annoying Picard – really annoying him. [laughs] Patrick was delighted to see me for the first couple of days and after a couple of more days of really annoying scenes, he said, "SO, how many episodes are you doing?" In other words, 'When are you going to get out of my face?' And the answer is six episodes. I think they are going to be coming out – actually I don't know. But we are shooting season two and three all at the same time right now.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, with their ages, I can see why they're doing it. I really hope that the new seasons are more cohesive and engaging than the first season. No stupid dance scenes and no brutal deaths for the sake of being brutal.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Good. If you have the means, if the scripts are up to par, and you've set up a secure healthy environment for cast and crew then that's seems like a great idea.

I'm worried about that 2nd one though

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Seasons 2 and 3 back to back is still less episodes than a season of old Trek. lol

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
6 episodes with q, while he only appeared in 8 the next generation episodes over 7 seasons. feels a bit much.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully it's better than S1, that was brutal aside from a few things here and there.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
i hope season 3 is just about the dog and has dog POV

the dog has his own starship and he wants to find and destroy his mortal enemy, Spot

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine being Stewart and knowing they are probably doing this to beat death D:

Really depressing when you think about it.
I just hope that season 2 and 3 can be a vast improvement because Stewart and Picard deserve a lot more.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
6 episodes with q, while he only appeared in 8 the next generation episodes over 7 seasons. feels a bit much.
Is it 6 episodes in two seasons? So maybe 3 per season? It's definitely a lot especially for short seasons. I mean, we've only had 7 of 9 in just a couple at this point and Riker and Troi in 2 and 1 respectfully.

But Q is one of my favorite ideas in Star Trek, so I'm willing to see where this goes. I'm assuming some of his appearances are pretty short, like one episode could just be him appearing at the end of it.

Hopefully this means we get to dive deep into the Q continuum and maybe get some surprise guest appearances from the old show out of it.

BramStokersDracula

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 4, 2021
Yeah, makes sense considering how ancient Stewart is. I remember people wanted the first season(before it aired and was disliked) to not have any cliffhangers because Stewart could die at any moment.

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
Wish this was a thing. Just a plain old Trek on a ship with Worf as captain and Klingons that look like Klingons.

Do you think that Paramount will want to keep the internal consistency with Discovery (they had the Romulan Warrior Nuns in Discovery season 3) or will they just keep the more recognizable post-The Motion Picture/TNG Klingons?

Deleted member 14568

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
in that case i hope the new showrunner will improve the show massively if not it's just gonna be back to back trash

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm just excited for the "times" we are going to see -- when Stewart and DeLancie were talking about the show, it sounds like we'll be seeing familiar sets and timelines -- I'm a sucker for time travel in Trek so I'm very much looking forward to it, and of course, more Q!

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I'm just excited for the "times" we are going to see -- when Stewart and DeLancie were talking about the show, it sounds like we'll be seeing familiar sets and timelines -- I'm a sucker for time travel in Trek so I'm very much looking forward to it, and of course, more Q!
Yeah I have to watch for Q, even though I was very disappointed with season 1

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
i hope Miles and Keiko show up and she just flirts with Commander Riker

and Barclay is in the final episode of the show and reveals everything was just a holodeck sex program he was running that got away from him

Deleted member 14568

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So much this. Discovery can't even keep it's own Klingon look consistent across 2 seasons.
the only thing they did was to add hairs which somewhat improved them also most of the klingon change was by bryan fuller before he was thankfully fired before season 1 sadly they couldn't ditch everything he did but with any luck we won't see them anymore in disco since they are the worst race in ST

I've been waiting for Captain Worf for so many years...
why? he's one the worst character in star trek like he's just so freaking boring

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
him being older actually works with Q largely because he considers picard his one true friend so he'd probably just want to be older as a form of gentle mockery

just like how he always shows up in a captain's uniform
Seriously. Q can look however he wants. He once said he should have appeared as a woman because he thought it would have worked better with Picard. Basically his current appearance at least seems to be somewhat influenced by how he thinks Picard wants to see him as. Q showing himself as the same age as Picard (or aged the same, rather) makes sense, especially since he can use a snide joke about being ageless and not wanting Picard to feel bad or what have you.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Q is implied to be a big part of plot this time rather than just a handful of guest episodes.
Right but I think the feeling is that Q can be a bit much, his character seemed well suited for small doses. But he was also only used for mostly story of the week type bits.

So I guess we'll have to see how it works when he's pivotal to the overall plot of the season.