• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017

Synopsis:
Well, it seems Jean-Luc Picard is "way too old" for Q's reality-alternating mind games. And to make matters worse, Picard is once again squaring off against the Borg Queen!
This time around, Picard and his misfit crew members will find themselves thrust into an alternate nightmarish timeline orchestrated by the fan-favorite extra-dimensional entity named "Q," who is again played by veteran character actor John de Lancie (Breaking Bad, Stargate SG-1).

Television actress Annie Wersching (from 24, The Rookie, Bosch) has also joined the cast of Season 2, taking on the role of the Borg Queen. Jeri Ryan is also back as Seven of Nine. Other returning cast members include Michelle Hurd, Alison Pill, Evan Evagora, Isa Briones, Orla Brady, and Santiago Cabrera. Whoopi Goldberg is also expected to make a guest appearance, reprising her "Star Trek: The Next Generation" role as Guinan.

Executive produced by Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman, "Star Trek: Picard: Season 2" is due to return in February 2022 on the streaming platform, Paramount Plus.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lethal-weapon-old.gif

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Little early for the S2 OT isn't it?

Either way, the new trailer actually has me excited for the season. S1 was a huge disappointment for me, but Trek and time travel is my jam.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
How many times has Jean-Luc travelled to the past?

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

I say goddamn, Picard doesn't really know how to do anything "small".

Picard: "There are ways of travelling in time."
***Picard kidnaps the Borg Queen***
Crew: "Great, now what?"

I mean, if you're gonna time travel, why bother with a slingshot around the sun?

Might as well go first class. I suppose that's his revenge for the whole Locutus thing.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
So this is going to be kind of like, Legends of Tomorrow, but Star Trek edition?

I guess I'm cool with it, Star Trek time travel isn't really my thing, but, I'm in for the returning characters. And I'm sure there is something larger going on, a point to it all that will come to head at the end, all part of Q's plan.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So this is going to be kind of like, Legends of Tomorrow, but Star Trek edition?

I guess I'm cool with it, Star Trek time travel isn't really my thing, but, I'm in for the returning characters. And I'm sure there is something larger going on, a point to it all that will come to head at the end, all part of Q's plan.

Could be fun.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Reminder that this season has a new showrunner. The guy that did the awesome 12 Monkeys series so maybe this will be better then season one.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The season being one hilarious giant Q TNG episode is an inspired choice.

Jan 4, 2021
Look, I liked season 1 overall - really just feel blessed to have so many Star Trek shows at once, but I never got over Dhajs death in the first episodes. Like, I really felt for her and thought it'd be her journey, and it soured me for the rest of the series that I didn't get to see her character succeed. They offed a sympathetic character then went SIKE we have a backup. Even though it was basically the same character, Soji felt like low rent Dhaj. Am I crazy?

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I was so confused to see an OT, but nice to have a thread for production / marketing news

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
First season was all kinds of uninspiring...

...but no way I can say no to more Jean-Luc! And now add Q to the mix?

GodfatherPullMeBackIn.gif

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Reminder that this season has a new showrunner. The guy that did the awesome 12 Monkeys series so maybe this will be better then season one.

That's a positive.

I'll watch it but hoping it way better than the last one, the tone is so odd, that's what bothers me, I don't mind it being different in some ways but it's not even close sometimes.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Well this looks pretty great!

Oh wow, nice. The 12 Monkeys TV version showrunner and a time travel storyline should be a pretty safe bet lol!

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
why are they going this route

it makes no fucking sense lmao

they could have done anything... and they decide to do an alternate past????

season 1 was so stupid

also, how can Picard say he's old?
HE'S A FUCKING ANDROID

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
This honestly on the surface just kind of seems like been there done that Star Trek plot tropes or whatever.

Also why is it the early 2000s again and everyone has to wear black leather. I thought this was Picard season 2, not some Xavier Gaiden.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
Well the first season was just ok but I need more Jean Luc and Q.

Make it so.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
This honestly on the surface just kind of seems like been there done that Star Trek plot tropes or whatever.

Also why is it the early 2000s again and everyone has to wear black leather. I thought this was Picard season 2, not some Xavier Gaiden.
It really seems like they are diving in to multiple times. Some of which are likely not shown. If this was a Nazi takeover or a "look we're in the year 2021!" like Trek tends to do at some point, I'd probably be out. But it seems more like, "we have to fix all of these damaged timelines". And while they blame Q, it will probably turn out that actually it wasn't even his fault.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, the idea of Jean-Luc Picard's post-starfleet career comprised of only high space-time fuckery is great, get this man a 29th-century timeship or some shit

.. in the same vein of Discovery's "Set so far into the future that Starfleet doesn't exist," and eh

Meanwhile there's inevitably going to be a Lower Decks episode that'll have some crazy-batshit-reality-warping shenanigans that'll have drastic consequences for the cast but it's gonna get waved away for a laugh at the end of the episode, and that's the best usage of ambitious concepts we're gonna get with Star Trek for a spell

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why cant he just get a real crew and a real fleet ship? Thats what everyone wants anyways
Because...reasons!

it feels very disconnected to anything Star Trek and it is missing a certain feel of positivity I usually expect by a show with Picard, just as season 1. And the whole " humanities test is not over" is pretty on the nose.
but I enjoy Q immensely. So let's see. Can't be worse than discovery and it's defeatist whiny main character.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure what to feel about this after season 1. Positives are Q and the Borg queen (they have a real chance to mix up the more with the Queen, since her addition was already shit back in the day), but I am tired of "evil" timelines and the 21st century plot looks like a way to save money.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, Terry Matalas' influence as showrunner off the back of 12 Monkeys is one of the only reasons I'm going to give S2 a shot

I'm a lifelong Patrick Stewart fan but S1 just wasn't good to me, and that's in context of me being completely at peace it wasn't meant to be a TNG retread

Really not sure about the central premise of this season based off the information in this trailer though.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
I really hate Q. I think his episodes are the worst of the series. It's so human centric and conceited. Like of all the species Q has to pick humanity to fuck around with. He's got no problem with even more brutal races like Klingon, Gorn or whatever, just humans. And on the flip side if we're to believe it's because humanity may one day be like Q then it's saying humans over Vulcans, Betazoids or whoever are loser species that aren't ever going to evolve. It's just so dumb.

I get that the show is really not about a Federation of equals and is really just human made entertainment for people showing how great humanity could be in the future but Q really just kinda destroys the concept of the show for me.

Last edited:

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
Alex Kurtzman has just totally ruined this series. The show was about optimism and hope and science. Now it's a...totalitarian nightmare. Can someone please that get hack fraud away from this god damn series?