• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Some new stills

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Patrick Stewart was just on ABC's 'The View' today and he asked Whoopi Goldberg to reprise her role as Guinan in a second season of 'Picard'. She said yes, obviously.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Totally honest, that set design looks horrid. Just scream generic sci-fi.
Are you talking about the ship? I don't mind it. It's a smaller ship than most Trek shows have been based around, and the open back is different to what we're used to. Reminds me a little of The Expanse. It wouldn't make sense for the show to have him back in the luxury showroom style bridges of old, let's see if this suits the story they're trying to tell here.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I like Picard's space cardigan. Not sure about the bridge; hopefully it looks better on screen. That image looks like they're playing Star Trek Bridge Crew.

Brick

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been keeping up on this. Is this show a throw back to the older Trek style, or more in line with Discovery?

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Yikes at that bridge. And why is that dude sitting in Picards chair?
That dude is, presumably, the captain.

Picard is retired and hasn't commanded a ship for many years. Whatever that ship is (and it's clearly not a standard Starfleet ship), he won't be in command of it. He may have overall command of the mission, but that doesn't automatically make him captain of the ship (in the same way that in TNG, visiting admirals don't get to issue commands to the helm or engineering).

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
That dude is, presumably, the captain.

Picard is retired and hasn't commanded a ship for many years. Whatever that ship is (and it's clearly not a standard Starfleet ship), he won't be in command of it. He may have overall command of the mission, but that doesn't automatically make him captain of the ship (in the same way that in TNG, visiting admirals don't get to issue commands to the helm or engineering).
It's not Picard's ship. One of the very first things they said about this show is that Picard is not the captain.
Hopefully he gets his own ship down the road. Maybe that Galaxy class even?

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the camp that doesn't mind, and to an extent prefers, weekly drops. Netflix has their model, and it works for hard splash engagement at the front end, but I feel the cultural impact of many of their shows would work better if there was weekly

looks like Guinan in season 2

Yay!!!! More Guinan is always great, though it obviously won't be a huge role I'm sure.

And yes, in the last teaser I noticed the LCARS screens in the background! Happy to have a callback to that.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Its the latter but people are being fooled into thinking its the former
Kind of intrigued by this comment. Your usage of "people are being fooled" suggests that you think people are being actively misled. Do you think that's the case? I do think some people are getting the impression that this show will be something similar to TNG when it really won't be, but I also don't think that's intentional. Most of what's been shown from this series is quite different to TNG.

Hopefully he gets his own ship down the road. Maybe that Galaxy class even?
Do you really want that though? I generally don't think that there should be a career path that goes Starfleet Captain -> Starfleet Admiral -> Retired wine-maker -> Starfleet Captain again, and we've seen more of Picard captaining a starship than anyone else.

Weirder things have happened in Star Trek, so....maybe it can happen here too. Starfleet demoted Kirk from Admiral to Captain specifically so he could captain starships again. That was a huge plot contrivance though, and anything like that happening to Picard would be another one.

Maybe they find it abandoned somewhere lol.
Can't rule it out, because that wouldn't even be the first time someone got a Federation starship that way.

Maintenance would be a bit of a problem though. They'd have to recruit lots of people very fast, unless they wanted to be taking care of 10 decks each.

Link the Hero

Jul 5, 2018
Isn't Whoopi Goldberg too old to reprise her role? Her species lives for several hundred years and Guinan hasn't visibly aged from the 19th century to the 24th century. But when she appears in this show she will have aged as much as Picard.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
So Picard is retired and the he and the Starfleet are likely at odds at this point. That much is a given. But there's no way we're not seeing the Enterprise, right?
Patrick Stewart was just on ABC's 'The View' today and he asked Whoopi Goldberg to reprise her role as Guinan in a second season of 'Picard'. She said yes, obviously.
Thank you for letting me know, what a beautiful moment.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Isn't Whoopi Goldberg too old to reprise her role? Her species lives for several hundred years and Guinan hasn't visibly aged from the 19th century to the 24th century. But when she appears in this show she will have aged as much as Picard.

I would have no problem thinking this is just the point in her life when she started to show it more. Problems like these are only actually problems when fans let themselves believe they are. We know it's a show and actors age. Sometimes you just accept stuff and enjoy it.