• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Eh, the concept isn't really doing anything for me, to be honest, and I've never been a Rick and Morty fan (to put it mildly).

I've wanted a new Trek animated show for ages, but this sounds sorta... Orville-y. And I fucking hate The Orville.

As a drama, I would be intrigued. "Lower Decks" is one of TNG's best episodes. But as a comedy? Ehhhhhhhhhhh.

Kinda this. Or, heck, a comedy would be fine... But not the style of comedy I imagine this is gonna be. I'd want something earnest.

(I mean, truth be told, what I really want is a chill, earnest Trek Slice of Life show. But that was never gonna happen.)

EDIT:

THat is not at all I want out of the idea of "Lower Decks". The episode is human, sobering and heartfelt - I honestly love it.

A comedy, animated, by these creators? In this universe? What?!

This is an even better way of putting it, really. I just feel like anyone who came away from The Lower Decks thinking, 'this is a great jumping off point for a workplace comedy from the writer of Rick and Morty!' liked that episode for reasons entirely different from mine.

Last edited:

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Star trek discovery

Short treks

Picard series

Lower decks animated series.

I am happy as a fucking clam, all I need is for that Tarantino star trek movie to actually get made

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
THat is not at all I want out of the idea of "Lower Decks". The episode is human, sobering and heartfelt - I honestly love it.

A comedy, animated, by these creators? In this universe? What?!

Deleted member 14568

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
rick and morty is terrible so i'm not expecting much from this and i hope this won't bring the awful R&M fanbase with it

Last edited:

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I would watch a movie focusing on Walter, he pretty much ran the whole base anyway
latest

Walter was the real MVP of SG-1.

Shit would be going down, everyone's freaking out, and Walter's just chillin', doing his thing, making sure the gate worked.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal

Shit would be going down, everyone's freaking out, and Walter's just chillin', doing his thing, making sure the gate worked.

Sgt Siler was the unsung hero, fixing the gate every time they fucked it up.

What made the Lower Decks episode of TNG great was that showcases Picard's major failing: sending Bajoran ensigns on secret missions.

They're probably going with the comedy/dramedy angle, since having a bunch of idealistic young people with no real authority, who get worked the hardest, are constantly in the dark about what's going on, and who get constantly shat-upon by the higher-ups, lends itself to an Office Space kind of format.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully it avoids the excess grossout violence stuff from Rick and Morty (which seemed to lean into that more and more as it went). It's OK on occasion, but all the time it's just too fucking much.

I'm sure since it's Star Trek they won't go anywhere near that type of comedy.

Rick and Morty has done some good stuff with sci-fi concepts at times. That one where they break time and cause multiple realities to occur (splitting the screen) was actualLy pretty well done.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

Isn't that the truth, a true professional, he took weird shit and still got the job done and the paper work filed

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
I want it now. They really should have went with this visual style across all the post-Nemesis media.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Im guessing that cat person is a Catian? I remember they were mentioned in Star trek online back when I played that.