• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
You know, what if DS9 just killed off the entire original cast, except Odo, and the rest of the series follows their descendants as they fight the Dominion with generations of prep and knowledge ready to go? lol

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Know what's fun? Watch the series finale of DS9 then immediately watch the pilot and look at how different everyone looks. The Odo makeup is so weird in the pilot.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You know, what if DS9 just killed off the entire original cast, except Odo, and the rest of the series follows their descendants as they fight the Dominion with generations of prep and knowledge ready to go? lol
Hard to manage. Due to actors' deaths. But they killed off a few in the storyline, depending on your point of view, lol.

Odo being a shapeshifter could easily be recast, but not easily played. That would be a real challenge. Dominion expected a 300 year gap before getting Odo back from the Alpha Quadrant, not sure who was gonna do the traveling in their expectations.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to think of any of the time travel reboot episodes where they could have actually continued the storyline.

Honestly I'd be fine with a post-Harry Kim Voyager where half the crew is dead and Harry is Punished Snake.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is this episode where Odo learns self confidence from a lounge singer?

EDIT: Goddamnit we made it almost 7 seasons without "Someone is creepy about women on the holodeck" and you guys had to do one with my boy Odo? Goddamnit

Last edited:

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Why is this lounge singer a significant supporting character for the last season and a half of the show?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, how else do you get a character to spill their heart about deep-seated emotional issues? It's not like they added a counselor character to DS9, so a holographic servant designed to exactly that is the next best thing.

And this was years before Angel premiered and we had Lorne, a singing demon/lounge singer that was also kinda a counselor.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, how else do you get a character to spill their heart about deep-seated emotional issues? It's not like they added a counselor character to DS9, so a holographic servant designed to exactly that is the next best thing.

And this was years before Angel premiered and we had Lorne, a singing demon/lounge singer that was also kinda a counselor.
They literally had a real bartender on the station. lol

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I somehow missed that there is going to be a kid-oriented animated series. Can't wait to watch this with my daughter. I've wanted to show her Star Trek, but I felt that she isn't quite ready for the live action series
Sometimes I watch DS9 episodes on Netflix with my 4y/o niece. My 7y/o niece doesn't like the look of the aliens but the younger one does. She's a Quark fan. lol

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I want to say Lower Decks is kid friendly, but it's probably not. lol
Lol, probably not indeed
Sometimes I watch DS9 episodes on Netflix with my 4y/o niece. My 7y/o niece doesn't like the look of the aliens but the younger one does. lol
I mean, I started watching TOS/TNG with my granddad when I was about 4-5yo, same age as her. She just doesn't really get into live action in general, so a CG animated series would be perfect. I wonder if it will be similar in tone to the Star Wars Rebels and those types of shows

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Janeway is an Admiral now, why do they keep calling her Captain.

Also this is basically the idea of RedLetterMedia's Star Trek Galaxy, which they said ST Picard should be long before any details of Picard were announced.

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Kirk was an Admiral and bumped himself down to do whatever the fuck he wanted. 😉

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
When I started this series if you told me about the "Nog has PTSD" episode I wouldn't have believed you