• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Whoever else you pick you've got to have Quark, he'll be able to get you anything and everything you'd ever need. And I'm sure at totally reasonable prices.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
You spend $8 to get Spock and Data together, at last. Then you go to the dollar store and get a Quark, Number One, Neelix, and Sylvia Tilly $4 bundle. And then you add Seven of Nine ($3) in because she'll cure it on the first day.

And then you blow your budget and get Tuvok (who is presumably $6) and Odo in there so they can suffer with Neelix, Quark, and the rest of the gang as they engage in hijinks for the entire ordeal.

Edit: Since I've already blown the budget, let's throw the Doctor in there as well. Him and Quark would no doubt get along famously.

Last edited:

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Does any piece of Memory Beta material go over how the Mirror Darkly crew survived the Xindi encounter?

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does any piece of Memory Beta material go over how the Mirror Darkly crew survived the Xindi encounter?

As seen in DS9, there is no Terran Empire by that point, meaning no Xindi joining a federation to fight them in the future war against the sphere builders, so Earth isn't a threat in this timeline.

I really dislike DS9 mirrorverse.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As seen in DS9, there is no Terran Empire by that point, meaning no Xindi joining a federation to fight them in the future war against the sphere builders, so Earth isn't a threat in this timeline.

I really dislike DS9 mirrorverse.
Agreed. It's just garbage titillation where villains are defined by being sexually prolific

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
the first DS9 Mirror episode is fine i just could have done without one every season

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
I admire how they build a mirror sub-arc through the series of mirror episodes. Tuvok's appearance in the second episode is a good, subtle crossover moment. It's like the 80s action movie version of the DS9 universe.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I just hope the writers don't have an absolute hard-on for grim and dark storytelling like the Discovery writers.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dislike DS9 mirror because they turned the humans good, when they were meant to be evil.

The Spock/dismantling of weapons/fleet thing was also dumb. If he tried that he would have been murdered.

STE got the mirror universe right. Everyone is an asshole.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
If you thought Star Trek Discovery's Elon Musk reference was a facepalm piece of writing I just found out they had an SQL reference in there

"SQL injection" attacks? May as well say they hacked our TCP/IP ports over an ethernet cable using an infected floppy disc.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
If you thought Star Trek Discovery's Elon Musk reference was a facepalm piece of writing I just found out they had an SQL reference in there

"SQL injection" attacks? May as well say they hacked our TCP/IP ports over an ethernet cable using an infected floppy disc.

What if the front end to every Federation computer system is a shitty 90s geocities page?

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Of course they will. Because they don't understand Star Trek.
Sure.🙄

Discovery is actually pretty similar compared to classic Trek with hopeful and positive (and a little bit cheesy) endings, it's just that the serialized storytelling means that ending happens in the season finale or during midseason instead of at the end of each episode.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure.🙄

Discovery is actually pretty similar compared to classic Trek with hopeful and positive (and a little bit cheesy) endings, it's just that the serialized storytelling means that ending happens in the season finale or during midseason instead of at the end of each episode.
I got no problems with a serialised storytelling style.

I don't like Disco, and don't feel the writers understand Trek.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL

A new, original CG-animated Star Trek series that follows a group of lawless teens who discover a derelict Starfleet ship and use it to search for adventure, meaning and salvation is in the works from Nickelodeon and CBS Television Studios. The show, to be developed by Emmy Award winners Kevin and Dan Hageman (Trollhunters, The LEGO Movie), and overseen by Ramsey Naito, EVP, Animation Production and Development, Nickelodeon, will debut exclusively on Nickelodeon. The show will be the second upcoming animated Star Trek series, joining Star Trek: Lower Decks, which will stream on CBS All Access.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
CBS is probably just trying to keep the hype going in the face of new streaming services and reduced production due to COVID. Probably the same reason they announced the Pike show last week.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the series ends after the first episode when Starfleet is all "You've had your fun, now get the fuck off our ship" right?

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
It blew my mind when I found out Jeffrey Combs plays Liquidator Brunt in DS9 a few months ago. I can't see or hear him in Brunt at all.