• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I saw a brief screen that looked cool before youtube nazi went like NO VIDEO FOR YOU

EDIT: Is it this?? :O

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017

Not really a fan of constantly raising stakes. Would have loved to have a chill season just visiting/revisiting Federation worlds.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Oh nice.

Just started rewatching Picard for it's season 2, should be done with that in time for this as an intermission.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Love the new look for the Ferengi.

FBRhbnxX0A8rouu

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Oh cool, another galaxy ending threat.

Yeah I'm checking out now I think. I really like the cast, the production design, and superficial elements, but they're obviously not at all interested in doing any real interesting sci fi, and they've barely ever delivered any of what I actually want from Star Trek.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I forgot, did they jump to a different universe for the whole of last season or was it time travel in the same universe?

There was a few episodes last season were it was more Trek but galaxy ending threats are the shows thing.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot, did they jump to a different universe for the whole of last season it was it time travel in the same universe?

There was a few episodes last season were it was more Trek but galaxy ending threats are the shows thing.
Yes, Season 3 was set in the 32nd century. Season 2 ended with them jumping ahead over 900 years into the future. They also did a couple episodes in the mirror universe.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Oh cool, another galaxy ending threat.

Yeah I'm checking out now I think. I really like the cast, the production design, and superficial elements, but they're obviously not at all interested in doing any real interesting sci fi, and they've barely ever delivered any of what I actually want from Star Trek.
Lol thought the same thing. Like I'm not even sure they can be threatening anymore, the crew has done this dance so many times now.

I'm still in though, I'm more fascinated about the future alien races.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Whoa, it looks like in this season Burnhan might ignore orders from her own leadership in an attempt to save all of existence. At least that's what I gathered from the trailer.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks cool as always, unsurprised about the thread's mood already lol

Last edited:

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, Season 3 was set in the 32nd century. Season 2 ended with them jumping ahead over 900 years into the future. They also did a couple episodes in the mirror universe.

Right, thanks. Won't they head back eventually, galaxy ending threat is the past catching up or some equilibrium going wrong, guess that will be the thing, the future is safe so we will head home and mess it all up 😂

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I'll still watch but I'm getting a little burnt out on the constantly saving the entire fucking galaxy that Disco (and a lot of post Nemesis Trek) does. I suppose you can't have the crew save Talerian space whales or some shit if they've spent the last 3 seasons saving every sentient life in existence.

Huge, incredible, universe spanning disasters that only this one group can solve is just getting a little tiresome. They're more storied in 3 seasons than all the crews of all the Enterprises combined at this point.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if they'll make the head of Starfleet bad this season. I just get the sense they are playing or really really want to.

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
Looks like another great season of one of the best shows currently airing. I can't wait to watch it, enjoy it, and then never talk about it online ever again outside of very specific circles.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Yes, I hated the ST:ENT-looking uniforms. When the NCC-1701 showed up with Captain Pike, I so wished they'd switch to those uniforms.

If their metrics tell them it's a success, and it drives subscriptions, why would they?

Yeah, this show was never about making a profit short term. Paramount+ is just getting started and one of their few key drivers for subscriptions is reviving Star Trek.

Viacom CBS knows they're behind, and is pulling back from theaters to rebuild their IPs. Loss leaders is how you drive subscriptions.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
I never watched S3 - how was it? Did it get closer to "classic" Trek or was it still its own thing?

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Where is Nilsson?!?!!

Also, going into that anomaly brings them back to the present.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
I never watched S3 - how was it? Did it get closer to "classic" Trek or was it still its own thing?
It's still its own thing, but it's...better at it? Your feelings about the actual story in S3 will vary with your tastes, but just its construction as a series of television episodes was much stronger

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Where is Nilsson?!?!!

Also, going into that anomaly brings them back to the present.

Pickerd Seasoning 2 cross over. They travelled from the future, which is their past, to the future, which is their future, to go back to the past, which is our present, to meet people from the future, which is their past but not the same past as their original future which is also their past.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
It's still its own thing, but it's...better at it? Your feelings about the actual story in S3 will vary with your tastes, but just its construction as a series of television episodes was much stronger
First half or so of the season are much closer, with standalone arcs mixed in the ongoing plot. Then it kind of falls back into old habits.

Cheers! I see if I finally end up watching it after I catch up with The Expanse :)

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Pickerd Seasoning 2 cross over. They travelled from the future, which is their past, to the future, which is their future to go back to the past, which is our present to meet people from the future, which is their past but not the same past as their original future which is also their past.
Everything was Q.

Gonna find a way to get Pike and Number One back on it before their own series starts.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
We haven't seen enough of Season 4 to draw conclusions about the final quality of the season but I'm going to say that it gives me Season 2 vibes (which is a good thing in my book) and that the Ferengi is ugly in a way that previous Ferengi haven't been which is hopefully intentional. The poor guy looks like he has Reman, Jem' Hadar and Ferengi ancestry all at once, which would be progressive and commendable in a way.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Whew ready for the new season. Love the cast and the set pieces each season are just stunning to look at. I work with a couple of "hard core" Trek people and they have hate watch each season. I keep saying just don't watch it.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to check this out. Definitely thought they were going to do more just episodes of the week this time around, but I guess not? Anyway, I'm on board. Them jumping to the future greatly increased my enjoyment of this show.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to another season. Wish they didn't feel the need for big stakes but the shows still been enjoyable despite that, and season 3 had some really good stuff.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Discovery is a mixed bag for me. It looks great, it has some great characters like Saru, Tilly, Stamets and Hugh, and I love we finally moved toward the future instead of staying in the same era (TOS or TNG/DS9/VOY). On the other hand, why always galaxy threatening menaces out there? Why can't we have smaller scale conflicts? That's all I ask for. And obviously episodes to explore more the Discovery crew.

Still kind of disappointed Burnham is the captain of the Discovery. Saru deserved to stay in that position.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Discovery is a mixed bag for me. It looks great, it has some great characters like Saru, Tilly, Stamets and Hugh, and I love we finally moved toward the future instead of staying in the same era (TOS or TNG/DS9/VOY). On the other hand, why always galaxy threatening menaces out there? Why can't we have smaller scale conflicts? That's all I ask for. And obviously episodes to explore more the Discovery crew.

Still kind of disappointed Burnham is the captain of the Discovery. Saru deserved to stay in that position.

I agree that I liked Saru there, but Burnham's characterization means she HAS to be the captain or we are just going to keep rehashing the same story bits where she does something insubordinate that saves the crew, but must be punished for it.

And yeah, the show continues to be a huge mixed bag. I still love it, but I would not die on a hill to defend many of its decisions.

Like the goddamn score drowning everything. Or every season written and paced like a movie.