• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I saw no Cardassians. Plenty of Andorians though. Jeffrey Combs cameo?
Dude in the back.
Screenshot_20191006-022720_YouTube.jpg

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
It reminds me of the trope Doctor Who got real invested in, in an attempt to provide depth to women companions, they were repeatedly given 'most important person in the universe' status, while their more interesting sub plots got less attention

Hopefully it won't be the case. Making the protagonist the center of the universe is a poor fit for Star Trek in my opinion.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Geez, you guys talking about the show itself instead of arguing which Trek is the best. And you call yourselves Trek fans. For shame.

I'll give this another shot and see how they do the Andromeda angle. Should be interesting. Still want a Pike show, though.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Geez, you guys talking about the show itself instead of arguing which Trek is the best. And you call yourselves Trek fans. For shame.

I'll give this another shot and see how they do the Andromeda angle. Should be interesting. Still want a Pike show, though.

Yeah the Picard thread is pretty annoying with the fandoms clashing.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
One of the Trill looks like Stanley Tweedle from Lexx. They shoot Discovery in Canada so it wouldn't surprise me if they hired the actor.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Morn was all talk in DS9 but here he is shooting at Burnham.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So which century is this season set? The 33rd?

We know that the Federation exists up through the 31st at the very least.

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
32nd actually (3187).

As you said, the latest we've ever seen the Star Trek universe to date was the glimpse of the 31st century in Enterprise and Voyage episodes.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Sorry. I love Star Trek and I have fully enjoyed season 1 and 2, but a third time of Michael saving the universe is a bit much.
When I read comments like this its like people aren't paying attention to what they're watching. Michael is the lead (we're in season 3 and people are going to have to finally get used to this cause it's not going to stop until the show ends) and plays a big part but she's hardly the only person contributing to saving the day in the end. Even when she's super important to a situation she's at times not the one controlling the shots. It's no different from any of the other main characters in the past shows. As much as some like to say there were no singular main characters in past Trek shows there were. Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway, and Archer were all the main characters and significantly large parts of the series and seasons focused on them and their actions and stories drove the shows forward. They were all responsible for saving the universe, Federation, etc time after time and ended up being super important. It's kinda annoying to see Michael singled out in this regard.

I think we should once again we wait until the show is airing to get the proper context for what is being said in a trailer. Trailers that for the last two seasons have not at all told the full story and were even misleading.

Last edited:

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Since we are seeing more TNG/DS9 era races I wonder if we might end up getting surprised with some delta and gamma quadrant races as well.
The timeline placement of this season gets me so damn excited.